Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The giveaways...

PhuzionitePhuzionite Member Posts: 20

Seem to really favor the US audience. If you were to look at the times each giveaway was made it wasn't at the best time for Europeans. Maybe i'm being overly critical, but it's quite an unpleasent experience. I know MikeB said he'll post at different times so everyone gets a chance,  but how different were they really?

I know i'll be able to play Rift come open beta, but can this last final day not be so late in the GMT timezone? I have Flu as of Wednesday, before that i had school to contend with. So even if i don't have school to worry about, im sick and can hardly stay awake for 1-2hrs at a time.

Thanks for reading, hopefully today will be appropriate for everyone and if not -- for Europeans. (I know it seems selfish but the last four days belonged to the US)

War does not determine who is right, but who is left.

Comments

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

what were the times exactly, cause Im in the US and I tried to stay up as well, but I work night shift and sleep 1pm - 9pm.

I hope this next round is an early bird special.

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Yeah lets change the giveaways cause 1 guy is sick.. Riiiight.

But yeah, change it to earlier so we Europeans have a chance to get one..

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

Yeah I live in England and I watched the site for long periods of time for three of the giveaways and didnt get it :(

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

May I ask...? Just what is so gosh darn great about this game? The Closed beta comes right on the coat tails of WoW's cataclysm, so this game must be the second coming of <insert religous figure> for so many people to be obsessed with it.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

May I ask...? Just what is so gosh darn great about this game? The Closed beta comes right on the coat tails of WoW's cataclysm, so this game must be the second coming of for so many people to be obsessed with it.

May I ask why you are trying to change the subject? Make a new thread please.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by Lunny08

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

May I ask...? Just what is so gosh darn great about this game? The Closed beta comes right on the coat tails of WoW's cataclysm, so this game must be the second coming of for so many people to be obsessed with it.

May I ask why you are trying to change the subject? Make a new thread please.

Not trying to, but I see where yuo're coming from.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • beowulf2014beowulf2014 Member UncommonPosts: 72

You are aware that you can you go to TenTonHammer.com and get a 1 yr membership for $20 US and then get a VIP Beta key right? I know some folks don't wanna get the subscription, but I use it often for other things on their site so it's well worth it in my opinion. Just wanted to make you aware of another option then staying up all day/night hitting refresh.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Lunny08

Yeah I live in England and I watched the site for long periods of time for three of the giveaways and didnt get it :(

They did the giveaway at about 8 or 9pm UK time the other day. I haven't paid attention any other days.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Originally posted by Phuzionite

Seem to really favor the US audience. If you were to look at the times each giveaway was made it wasn't at the best time for Europeans. Maybe i'm being overly critical, but it's quite an unpleasent experience. I know MikeB said he'll post at different times so everyone gets a chance,  but how different were they really?

Sorry but this is just 100% incorrect...

Here are the times they were posted (US West Coast):

Day 1: 5 PM

Day 2: 11 AM

Day 3: 12:30 PM

Day 4: 3 PM

These are all workdays... so please...  Other than the first day which would have been around 1AM for Euros.. ALL of the other days were actually better times for Euros than for folks over here.    Sorry, but the timezones covered here span 8 hours... it's not gonna be 6PM every day for everyone.

As for your last question about how different were they really?  Well as you can see they varied by 6 hours from top to bottom. I think people just need to stop complaining about a few hundred keys and relax.  Don't expect anything.. and if you get something it's a bonus.

Edit to add:  Please read the bottom regarding key disribution for Day 5

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/298423/Rift-VIP-Code-Giveaway-Information-UPDATED-Day-4-Key-Link.html

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• reddoreddo Member Posts: 115

The next and FINAL giveaway is on Monday!

As for the times, there were some in the morning (aka the "European" timezone giveaway), but it's been two handouts since them so I have a feeling the next one will be the morning as well. 

Good luck guys!

Do you think tenton still have keys left?

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

There is an existing thread regarding information about keys. Please do not create individual threads on the topic. Locked.

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.