Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

don't ever date a woman with a child that isn't yours.

     why you may ask? 

 

     first and foremost you are and never will be #1 in your girfriends life. the child is was and always will be #1. as a result your releationship will never be as strong as it could and in most cases should be. eventually you will end up being responsible and taking care of a child that isn't and shouldn't be your responsibility. more often then not the child grows to resent you or you end up resenting the child for various reasons. just having a girlfriend consumes alot of time. when there is a kid involved aswell it consumes your entire life from the time you get up til the time you go to sleep and then some. it's not all bad but it's extreamly stressful and you'll end up wondering if it's worth it.  all of which can easily be avoided in the first place. but only if.... you never date a woman with a child that isn't yours.

Comments

  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

    In other words someone whose top priorities aren't you, you, and you isn't worth your time. Good for her.

    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

    Originally posted by grunty

    In other words someone whose top priorities aren't you, you, and you isn't worth your time. Good for her.

    Yeah... He doesn't want to date a girl with parents or close family either as they will always be more important as well. Try and make a girl choose between you and her parents and see how that turns out... LOL He's screwed as he's never going to find that special girl that will worship him and forsake all others. I wish him the best of luck in his search as he's going to need it. image

     

    Bren

    while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

    Originally posted by mjs0001

         why you may ask? 

     

         first and foremost you are and never will be #1 in your girfriends life. the child is was and always will be #1. as a result your releationship will never be as strong as it could and in most cases should be. eventually you will end up being responsible and taking care of a child that isn't and shouldn't be your responsibility. more often then not the child grows to resent you or you end up resenting the child for various reasons. just having a girlfriend consumes alot of time. when there is a kid involved aswell it consumes your entire life from the time you get up til the time you go to sleep and then some. it's not all bad but it's extreamly stressful and you'll end up wondering if it's worth it.  all of which can easily be avoided in the first place. but only if.... you never date a woman with a child that isn't yours.

    Quote = Narcissistic Centric Model of Relationship

    People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member UncommonPosts: 2,112

    A woman who appreciates her young over me wins out hands down.

     

    You see I'm getting into my 30's now. (29 at current) and those are the values I look for in a woman.

    Why Billy?

    Well Billy I really want my lady to be that way with my own child. I want my child taken care of over myself and if she cannot do that then I see little "Go ahead" with the relationship. It's the young bloods who seem to have issues with that and that is your ego.

    You see, ego is the thing that detemines self worth in general. You let that ego get ahead of you thinking you are more important than blood itself. You go into a single mom relationship understanding this, or you stay the hell away.

    At the end of the day, sounds to me like whatever irked you is a good mother. Her children should take top priority. You see that's shallow in it self to think you'd be a "top of the list".

     

    Those lists don't exist. Humans don't prioritize hardline. If we did that we could not adapt. We'd have no ability to adapt. However it's obvious women see their children far greater than men do and you need to understand that, otherwise good luck out there.

  • GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

    Rule # 1 of these relationships is that you should NEVER get jealous over the child of someone you are dating for getting priority treatment. I would expect and *encourage* that kind of thing. Nothing is sadder than a parent that puts their love life ahead of their duty as a parent.

    The only reason I would never date someone that mothered another man's children is that the baby daddy is never truly out of the picture. Of course you can expect him to be a part of the child's life as much as he can, but they always weasel their way back into the mother's pants. Homie don't play that.

    Writer / Musician / Game Designer

    Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

  • SyncrosonixSyncrosonix Member Posts: 341

    Originally posted by mjs0001

         why you may ask? 

     

         first and foremost you are and never will be #1 in your girfriends life. the child is was and always will be #1. as a result your releationship will never be as strong as it could and in most cases should be. eventually you will end up being responsible and taking care of a child that isn't and shouldn't be your responsibility. more often then not the child grows to resent you or you end up resenting the child for various reasons. just having a girlfriend consumes alot of time. when there is a kid involved aswell it consumes your entire life from the time you get up til the time you go to sleep and then some. it's not all bad but it's extreamly stressful and you'll end up wondering if it's worth it.  all of which can easily be avoided in the first place. but only if.... you never date a woman with a child that isn't yours.

    no shit, sherlock. did you find out the hard way? seventeen years ago when i was ten, i could have told you you'd be wasting your time. a parent's first priority should be their child or children. unfortunately for my crappy mother, her then time, piece of shit boyfriend was her a higher priority than i. her animals were at the top of the totem pole as far as her priorities were concerned. she turned a blind eye to all the physical, emotional, and verbal abuse i endured for many years until i finally moved away to live with my father.

    as for myself, i don't have any children, don't want any, nor do i ever want to get married. i'm quite content being and staying single. i don't trifle with single women who have children. relationships feel like a constant chore. plus i enjoy coming home to a nice, quiet house after a long, hard day or night of work.

    image
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member UncommonPosts: 2,112

    Originally posted by Syncrosonix

    Originally posted by mjs0001

         why you may ask? 

     

         first and foremost you are and never will be #1 in your girfriends life. the child is was and always will be #1. as a result your releationship will never be as strong as it could and in most cases should be. eventually you will end up being responsible and taking care of a child that isn't and shouldn't be your responsibility. more often then not the child grows to resent you or you end up resenting the child for various reasons. just having a girlfriend consumes alot of time. when there is a kid involved aswell it consumes your entire life from the time you get up til the time you go to sleep and then some. it's not all bad but it's extreamly stressful and you'll end up wondering if it's worth it.  all of which can easily be avoided in the first place. but only if.... you never date a woman with a child that isn't yours.

    no shit, sherlock. did you find out the hard way? seventeen years ago when i was ten, i could have told you you'd be wasting your time. a parent's first priority should be their child or children. unfortunately for my crappy mother, her then time, piece of shit boyfriend was her a higher priority than i. her animals were at the top of the totem pole as far as her priorities were concerned. she turned a blind eye to all the physical, emotional, and verbal abuse i endured for many years until i finally moved away to live with my father.

    as for myself, i don't have any children, don't want any, nor do i ever want to get married. i'm quite content being and staying single. i don't trifle with single women who have children. relationships feel like a constant chore. plus i enjoy coming home to a nice, quiet house after a long, hard day or night of work.

     

    If there was a [like] button or even [thumbs up] you'd get one from me buddy. Empathy all the way.

  • seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

    Originally posted by GTwander

    Rule # 1 of these relationships is that you should NEVER get jealous over the child of someone you are dating for getting priority treatment. I would expect and *encourage* that kind of thing. Nothing is sadder than a parent that puts their love life ahead of their duty as a parent.

    The only reason I would never date someone that mothered another man's children is that the baby daddy is never truly out of the picture. Of course you can expect him to be a part of the child's life as much as he can, but they always weasel their way back into the mother's pants. Homie don't play that.

    That's exactly what I wanted to say but I just couldn't find the words. Thanks.

    In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

  • HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

    Women with children are unattractive to me.

    I like fresh starts.

  • theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

    If the woman drove the father of her child out of a relationship; what makes anyone think they can be Superman?

    Date these ladies, but yeah; be prepared to deal with the obvious.

    Then again I say marriage needs to be saved for your best friend, otherwise it'll never work out. Ask Sam Kinison's zombie.

  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

    there is nothing sweeter in the world than dating a lipstick lesbian. OMG. Now, a woman with kids? I might consider it. I never discount anything!

    People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Sign In or Register to comment.