Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Fanfilm "Redemption"

daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Here we go, nerds (me) doing what nerds do best! Everything we cant do in real life! Now the women will finally flock around us!

Or not. We just had fun making a litle SW fanfilm. We know what t means, but it was worth it : )

Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/17210004

or Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/BadDayProd#p/c/0008C0F49F16468B/0/ZX2X60rFQUw

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Pretty good, however I have a few gripes.  These gripes are all MY OPINION so take them with a grain of salt.  I am by no means a professional critic or anything.  Here goes:

I felt the story was a bit obvious.  I kind of saw it coming from a mile away.  I thought the pace was slow.  It seems like you spent quite a bit of time developing the story and trying to convey all the emotional turmoil and I would have liked it if you spent an equal amount of time on the choreography of the fights.  After all, most of the Star Wars movies you've seen have an amazing light saber duel or 2 that leave you wanting more.

One thing I really did like was the character that was played buy the dude with the dreads.  Got the whole isolated from civilization, and somewhat losing his mind thing going pretty good.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

I'm by no means a critic as well and I have things I'd like to say.

That is this, simply epic for a fan made. Well used music and sound effect IMO starwars was never about super epic light saber duels, that came in the "prequels" (seriously watch vader and obi wan fight...) your fan made pretty much takes the cake on fan made starwars reels, and I've seen em all.

+10 points.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Thanks for those opinions.

It is a bit slow pace, we are still learning. Trying to get the right amount of "story" and "fights" are something we discuss almost everyday. The director of this choose "story" and "characters" as first priority.

Now we have contacted a CGI University, and if we do another one, there will be a lot more CGI and action in it.  And the next one will be a lot darker. We learned a few thousands things making this one : )

If someone is interested, we did a combat test a few years ago, and we called that "Part 1". it is from that one the short "flashbacks" in the beginning comes from. This one was made with VERY SIMPLE means, but we did try to make the best out of it . You get tons of nerdpoints if you waych it : )

http://www.youtube.com/user/BadDayProd#p/u/7/JD4tF_KlScY