Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What keeps your from going back to WoW?

124»

Comments

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I can't take the visuals.  Everyone has a glowing cape, glittering massive weapon, and sparking boots.  It's just too much for me.  The gameplay is still fine IMO, but I can't get past the obnoxious visuals that looks like multi-colored fireworks being set off inside Rainbow Bright's living room.

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

take your 7 days free trial, go into wow, enjoy the new world, and get carted through heroics on ezmode

seriously, i quit 18 months ago, we had most of nax 10 done, and some 25,

i ran 10 random heroics over past few days, random zerg essentially, and ended up with 5 drops (dps and tank) which far surpassed anything i had from nax, i then went and spent my points on 3 other items, in all about 3 hours work and id surpasse what my guild done in months....

Thats the killer for me, the ability to gain gear gets easier as time goes on... it should have been possible for me to enter higher level raids with better equipped players, but not zerg it, i mean everything was just dps, we even had a rogue tanking various heroic elites....all level 80+ ofc

• mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

Originally posted by Stellos

I can't take the visuals.  Everyone has a glowing cape, glittering massive weapon, and sparking boots.  It's just too much for me.  The gameplay is still fine IMO, but I can't get past the obnoxious visuals that looks like multi-colored fireworks being set off inside Rainbow Bright's living room.

I do agree with you to an extent. In some instances I find the graphics charming (like the mini-pets or Dun Morogh (spelling)) but usually I find them too much for me. That is not too say that I don't find some equally Brite-Lite characters in other games (some of the armor in EQ2 comes to mind) but just not to the extent as found in WoW.

However, this is a minor gripe to me. What prevents me from going back is that it seems to me in order not to get hacked Blizzard wants you to spend an additional amount of money on an authenticator to use for your account. For a P2P game I think that security should just be increased or covered by the 15USD or equivalent amount in other currencies (are other areas able to buy the authenticator as well?), no need to buy an additional device to have an account that will not be hacked!

Also, each expansion just seems to be more of the same. I wish that they added new types of quests in the PVE like public quests from WAR or what I think the dynamic event system will be like in GW2. I never reached maximum level but I did find lots of things that I enjoyed doing at the mid to high-mid range (up to 65). I enjoyed finding rare drop leatherworking patterns such as off of the elite blue dragonkin in Azshara, even though what you could craft was pretty much useless compared to the items from BC of comparable level.  Re-itemizing the classic items, which perhaps they are doing with Cataclysm would be a great start for people like me, but I think that it is too late for me with the eventual advent of GW2 and to a lesser extent Rifts.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Why did I quit ??

Simple.  I got out of Jr. High School about 50 years ago.  I have no desire to go back.

• SpasticolonSpasticolon Member Posts: 178

For me, the community. I do not enjoy it at all, which is funny, as I began MMO's with WoW (private server) and would have given up at level 20 if I had not luckily happened into a guild of great people. We had fun, quested, grouped, PvP, and the community, while it had its share of fools and asshats, was more pleasant. I went to retail, it changed, it wasnt as friendly, but it wasnt outright hostile at the time either, it was, apathetic and ambivalent. This was just before Wrath. I got to 70, when teh wrath patch came, my Mana battery spriest was turned into a DPS class with minimal utility. I was dissapoint, so I went to play WAR (AHAHAHAHAhahahaha I know, its hilarious to me too)

Long story short, I recently returned to WoW, and its community repulses me. LFD broke what was left of a realm community spirit and increased the asshole factor by making everyone a greedy selfish anonymous jerk. Barrens chat is now Global and spreading into every nuance of gaming culture, it used to be a time when being polite and kind was rewarding, now if you are one of those 9 times out of 10 you will be abused, and that 1 time in 10 will get you a most gracious thank you that one would think that regular beatings are the norm for this person and the one slight glimmer of kindness is enough to validate their existance.

Its nice if you have an insular guild or friends/established yourself in a guild and managed to stay away from the eDrama and ePeening that takes place, you can get by keeping your profile low and avoiding the unwashed masses, but should you be in the unfortunate position of having to deal with PuG's and randoms, you are in for a world of bile inducing hatred that would fuel intergalactic spaceflight for Hundreds of Millions of Millenia.

Dont hate the game, hate the deadshit nobrain gamers.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

crapware , its the truth asbout blizzard, i stoped 1,5 year ago , and got my account hacked, tried 3 times to get it back but their horrible support gimes more and more troubles and questions, i gived up 6 months ago for good

1 week ago some friends offer me an account with 2 L70's and 15 days to play, i logged on played 30 mins and deltree it for ever, wow lost all its ''magic'' and i found some recent free games better and enjoyable, and now i m back to GW's to het my HoM itens for next year GW2

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Originally posted by Bashir

If you are a retired wow vet, what's keeping you from going back to the game?  I won't get into why i may or may not just yet.  I'm curious about other's opinions though

It's pretty simple to me.. 1) NO persistant sandbox world at end game.. what we are stuck with is 2)  a lame ID raid grind system that is the poorest design of end game I have ever come across..  The raid grind ID system is anything but social.. It defies what a MMO is suppose to be.. What it is is actually a lobby console game with instances galore..  Once you are at end game.. there is NO open world anymore..

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by yakpit

So it looks like many of you refuse to play WoW because:

1. community, lots of kids

2. nerfs to your class

3. expansion made all your hard work irrelevant

4. WoW is not the same as your favorite MMO was back in the day

A lot of hacked accounts, too.

• mjs0001mjs0001 Member Posts: 25

i don't have much time to waste anymore... my family, friends, and girlfriend consume my life. and there is way too many kids and teenagers that play wow they just get on my nerves sometimes.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Out since around the end of 2008

Why haven't I been back?

I'm really enjoying console games at the moment and since then. Plus the F2P market now is good. I was also saving up to pay for Final Fantasy XIV.... Did so.... I think if everything is still good in WoW-land I'll aim to make a return for the new content in Feb or Mar of next year.

I'm not jumping into any game ever again if there's a $price tag$ involved.

Once bitten, twice shy. FFXIV was crap and it's still crap.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Bashir

If you are a retired wow vet, what's keeping you from going back to the game?  I won't get into why i may or may not just yet.  I'm curious about other's opinions though

For me it would have to be the way my characters look.

After playing the newest titles I demand more, looks wise and I refuse to settle for less.

I don't want to play a character that has armour that looks like it was painted on. OK, sure they bumped up the textures. It's still not good enough overall. For me.

I want more control of how my character looks like physically. I wouldn't mind upper and lower limits for weight, height etc. Too much control isn't good, but so is too little control.