Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com, please give us Rift VIP keys o/

NimecNimec Member Posts: 25

Seems like the other fansites that gave out VIP keys are running out fast, 20 mins or so for the last one.  I'm hoping you guys were given a bunch to hand out.  Guess I'll keep hitting F5 every 30 seconds until I get bored!

Comments

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I agree, just made a thread about it on rift forums. Always on this site, so will continue spam that F5 key for an hour.

• DocxDocx Member Posts: 6

do it, but make sure i get one.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Curse has 73% left.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Originally posted by minocin

Curse has 73% left.

Those aren't VIP keys...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MilliecakeMilliecake Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by minocin

Curse has 73% left.

I think those are the normal 'chance to get into the beta events' type keys :)

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Yeah the one's left on Curse are not VIP.

Steam: Neph

aka, worthless pos keys that you might as well print out on a peice of paper and wipe your but with, WE WANT VIP TREATMENT! KEYZ PLEASE

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Massively already gave batch (they went in 6 minutes :( )

MMORPG.COM is not worse than massively , now is it ?

VIP keys please!

• FTPgodmodeFTPgodmode Member UncommonPosts: 25

yea, we just missed the massively keys! i just got one of the gamespot keys, at least i can try out the game for a few days.. no VIP treatment though

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    What do the regular keys give you? Do you get access at all? Or do they just give you a "chance" at beta.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Try TenTonHammer. Just got my VIP key from there:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/giveaways/rift/vip

Originally posted by gigat

Ya, def dont want to pay 20 bucks to become a premium member of thier crappy little websitewhich I honestly hadn't heard of until today just to get the key, other websites have been giving them away to the public to draw in the crowd, not force them away like tentonsofcrap

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by Rockgod99

What do the regular keys give you? Do you get access at all? Or do they just give you a "chance" at beta.

Regular keys get you the opportunity at a chance to access one of the beta weekends (3 announced so far).  The VIP keys give you guaranteed access to all the beta weekends.

Steam: Neph

• bartillobartillo Member UncommonPosts: 190

ya the massively ones where gone in like 10 minutes :(

Originally posted by Docx

Ya, def dont want to pay 20 bucks to become a premium member of thier crappy little websitewhich I honestly hadn't heard of until today just to get the key, other websites have been giving them away to the public to draw in the crowd, not force them away like tentonsofcrap

I've been a premium member at TTH for a while now. Rift isn't the only closed beta I've gotten into because of being a TTH premium member.

You get what you pay for :)  Massively and Curse are free, did you get a VIP key from them?

EDIT: Also I can't believe you've never heard of TTH. it's definitely not a "crappy little website". I've been using TTH for years for game guides and give aways and more. You need to expand your gaming website arsenal.

Well i have the community beta, the curse key, and the gamespot key.. all of them are bassically worthless though :P

Need those VIPs!

• FTPgodmodeFTPgodmode Member UncommonPosts: 25

Originally posted by Docx

I've been a premium member at TTH for a while now. Rift isn't the only closed beta I've gotten into because of being a TTH premium member.

You get what you pay for :)  Massively and Curse are free, did you get a VIP key from them?

EDIT: Also I can't believe you've never heard of TTH. it's definitely not a "crappy little website". I've been using TTH for years for game guides and give aways and more. You need to expand your gaming website arsenal.

which other betas did you get into?? i'm considering getting a membership. who knows, maybe they'll beta tera and tor :]

Originally posted by bartillo

Well i have the community beta, the curse key, and the gamespot key.. all of them are bassically worthless though :P

Need those VIPs!

Only need 1 normal key, if you place more it doesn't help your chances according to the beta faq.

Right now Im just curious as to why mmorpg hasnt given away any beta vip keys, did they not get any and if so wow that's a shame.

• shalldoomshalldoom Member UncommonPosts: 106

Got my VIP key from their facebook page, they giveaway 10-20 keys every day.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Got one from Massively. Was lucky enough to be loging in just as they put up the contest. :)

You get guaranteed access to ALL of the Rift beta events with the VIP keys.

I'm a subscriber for both FilePlanet and TenTonHammer. I've gotten into nearly every MMO closed beta for the past few years (at least the ones I wanted to get in to) because of being a subscriber. You really can't go wrong. What is it, 20 bucks a year for TTH? That's pennies a day, a dollar and some change per month, for guaranteed access to closed betas? Not a bad deal, imo.

A friend gave me his ten ton hammer VIP key for being premium.

woot!

Originally posted by FTPgodmode

which other betas did you get into?? i'm considering getting a membership. who knows, maybe they'll beta tera and tor :]

Honestly I can't remember them all. The most recent (which aren't very good examples) was STO, CO, and FE (Fallen Earth being the good one out of the batch).

Between FilePlanet and TenTonHammer you're pretty much guaranteed to get access to closed betas. My little brother (who's a game developer) introduced me to FilePlanet and TTH. I have to thank him every time I get into a closed beta :)

Originally posted by bartillo

A friend gave me his ten ton hammer VIP key for being premium.

woot!

grats!

I guess they are just waiting for peak times to give them away, if they even have any.