Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can this laptop run Guild Wars Fine?

jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

As the title states my gaming rig's motherboard went down so now I want to see if i can play Guild Wars with this laptop

Thank you for the help

Specs:

enovo IdeaPad Y530 Specifications:

• Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1, 32-bit)

• Intel Core 2 Duo processor P7350 (2GHz, 3MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)

• 15.4" WXGA Glossy Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)

• 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 x 1GB, supports up to 4GB)

• NVIDIA GeForce 9300M with 256MB VRAM

• 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

• Dual Layer CD/DVD Recordable

• 1.3 megapixel integrated camera

• Sound: 4 speakers and 1 sub-woofer (Dolby Home Theater)

• Modem, 10/100 Ethernet, Intel 5100AGN

• Weight: 6.65 lb. including battery

• Dimensions: 14.2" x 10.3" x 1.2"-1.4" (360mm x262mm x 29-36mm)

• Warranty: 1 year system and 1 year battery

• 6-cell 5200mAh 57Wh battery

• Retail Price as configured: $999

Any help would be great with this

This is minimum specs for Guild Wars

Minimum PC System Requirements

PC Processor Type

Intel® Pentium® III processor

PC Processor Speed

1GHz

PC Operating System

Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista

PC System Memory

512MB RAM

PC Hard Drive Space

3GB

PC Video

ATI RADEON 8500 or NVIDIA GeForce 3 video card

PC Sound Card

16-bit sound card

PC Drive Type and Speed

CD-ROM

PC Modem

56.6 Kbps

PC Additional Requirements

Internet service required to access online features; DirectX 8

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Forgot to mention the reason I ask is cause I fried my gaming rigs motherboard, and I would hate to do it to this laptop.  Since Guild Wars has such a low requirement I thought I could get away with playing that for awhile till I get my desktop up and running again.  Any help would be great.  Thank you

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I think the simple answer is yes. I ran GW fine with an acer lap top with only an x1100, not the gaming lap top by any means.

• BlahTeebBlahTeeb Member UncommonPosts: 624

Yea you should be able to run it fine. I doubt you'll get the highest settings, BUT it won't look like crap either.

Great ty all, Ive been so upset with  my gaming desktop blowing up now I just have that fear of frying my laptop lol. I appreciate your help on this and will head out and buy the trilogy ;)  Only played the first two expansions so nightfall should be sweet and eyes of the north I heard was pretty good.  And supposedly with GW2 you can transfer a few things from your GW account or something so I figure id better get started now.  Thx again all

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Do you already have that laptop, or are you looking to buy that as a new laptop?  If you already have the laptop and are worried about frying it, don't be.  It will be fine.  Gaming laptops tend to run too hot, as it's too much heat in not enough space, which is one of the reasons why gaming laptops are so awful.  That's likely why yours died.

I've run Guild Wars on a 2.26 GHz Pentium 4 and a GeForce 4 MX something or other.  It didn't run that well, but it did run.  That laptop is a lot better than what I had several years ago, so it should run fine.  A lot of games won't, though.  Guild Wars had fairly low system requirements even five years ago, let alone today.  Even the new Bobcat netbooks that AMD is going to launch in January will run Guild Wars just fine on high settings.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

The laptop works for Guild Wars I, but as far as the OS goes...I would get a lightweight version of Windows 7 or go with XP if all you are doing is Guild Wars. I have an old laptop from 2004 - 2005 running under a 1.46ghz processor that gave me 30 FPS in Guild Wars. Any cheap laptop today with any ok to decent video card will blow the game out of the water.

Ty all actually it was my gaming desktop that fried.  Had a nice quad core with 8 gigs, updated the graphics card to an ATI 5770, but after about 2 months of use the motherboard fried on it ;/  So now im stuck with using the laptop to game till I can get another gaming desktop.

On a sidenote, would this laptop be able to run WoW fine?  Reason I ask is I see they have a great deal before cataclysm to pick up all 3 games for like 20 bucks ;) ;).  Im just trying to find games that wont kill the laptop and arent requirement heavy.  Any help would be great ;)

Thank you