Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population continues to fall with time extention

1234568»

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by SnarkRitter

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Using you logic.I can't think of a game MMO with a comparable or better graphic than a single player game from the top of my head.Why do people play these game?There are games with better graphic out there.And they have no monthly fee.

Exactly. Why do people play them?

So apparently the wannabe successful loser(which was because of his own fault in the first place that he is a loser) is more admirable than the successfuls.

Who said that and where?

And please show the parts SE also go beyond.The class switching on the flight is really insignificant and can be easily solved by alts.

I'd like to see you switch from character to another in the time it takes me to hit my weapon macro.

I'm sure those who want to play single character will agree about your alt solution.

Even more interesting would be if you could show me how you use your skills from your alt(s) on your main character.

You know,if Bioware game's content weren't good(thought only acceptable to hardcore RPG gamers like me),people wouldn't love their games so much.

Yes, their track record in making MMO content has been quite stellar so far. What was I thinking.

And apparently FF XIV is not a bland experience.Yes you're right,it's not bland,it's horrid.

Now that you mentioned trolling...  XIV at least has the chance to become better :)

Play every class and finish every outcome of all personal stories?And why should they bother with free content update(actually there're more quest packs which are not free than free content update),who knows?But they did add free content updates.

Usually people stick with one or two classes. Some don't. Most do.

Let us have *faith* in them. They will add more content for free for no reason whatsoever because...because!

Also 3 expansions plus loads of quest packs and free content updates is not "adding much new content in GW1" then I don't know what is.They've only stopped working on GW1 after the release of the last expansion to work full-force on GW2.

Not enough. No grind? no longevity. Don't like PvP? no longevity. This isn't rocket science.

And I'm not a carebear so I'll definitely be PvPing far more than PvEing.

Good for you? lol

So how much will GW2 needs so it will not lack longevity for the PvE crowd?Remember that failing Dynamic Events will lead to different outcome.And in Personal stories you'll choices that lead to different consequences.

It doesn't need longevity; that's the point. As long as people buy the game and come back for a while when expansions hit the shelves, the rest is irrelevant.

People seem to think it's going to replace MMO's and be the "end-all" game to play for years to come. That's not how it works. Other MMO's have nothing to worry about; it's not a replacement.

Good enough for WoW to copy them.Give them 6 millions box sales and enough money to make a far bigger sequel.

Did other MMO's crash and fall because everyone was playing GW1's PvP instead? Hmm... I wouldn't say so.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • CorresCorres Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by Thachsanh

You remind me of creationists.

So your want SE themselves to make an official statement that the game population at Japanese peak time has dropped from 42k to 22k even when the game is still in free trial? I hope you're smart enough to realize that  SE is definitely not stupid enough to do that as it'll make their game looks even worse and drives more people to quit. And drop from where to where? If you search the server population related threads at launch till 2 weeks after launch on FF XIV forums you'd know that the average NA and EU servers population is 1500-3000 at peak times,I'd like to search it for you but unfortunately the threads are buried deep in the forums(obviously) and I've just finished my gym time so I'm quite tired.About the charts,as I've stated,the 3 charts are quite similar,and there's only one popularly accepted peak hour. Apparently the makers of these charts accidently choose the exact non-peak hour to make their chart, what a coincidence!

Once again,I advice you to use your common sense.

Do you even know what creationist means? So, in the end, you got nothing.

You said "NA and EU population drop harder than the JP population", I ask "prove it".

You said go search forum to see the server populations are pretty low and made up some numbers like 800 max on the most populated realms to make it sounds really bad.

I said that does not prove NA and EU population drop harder than the JP population. You said go search the forum again for some imaginary numbers and those threads are buried deep and probably not possible to find. Otherwise use common sense.

What kind of proof is that?

And those charts are not similar. They are the same. Their numbers come from the same source. And there's no one popularity accepted peak hour. Prime time is from 7pm to 10pm usually and that's 3 freaking hours long.

this and please this. seriously folks it's getting repetitive.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

A couple of corrections to the above two posters.

1) The West just doesn't like PvP. It's not about risk/reward. They just don't like it. There are plenty of PvP games that offer no risk whatsoever, and the majority of western gamers still prefer to level/quest in peace without people ganking them. As for Aion, you do NOT lose anything PvP in Aion, not exp or loot, except for Abyss Points. However, pre Rank 1, the amount of AP you lose is so insignificant, no one actually cares. The only real risk is AP if you're Rank 1 or higher, and unless you PvP regularly, you're not going to get there. I'm including Dredgion in the PvP category, even though the recent barrier changes have made it largely PvE.

2) GW had plenty of additional content, both free and expansions. There were 2 expansions to the original game and a third (Utopia) was to be released before they decided to instead focus the efforts of that expansion into what we now know as Guild Wars 2. Despite that, they eventually launched Guild Wars: Eye of the North, which is somewhat of an expansion though it feels more like a bonus pack. It's meant to tie in with GW2. There have been several free content expansions as well, the most noteable is Guild Wars: War in Kryta, a series of very involved (and difficult) missions centered around the incoming catastrophies that start GW2's storyline. Just recently there was Heart of the North, more along that line, and on the way is an additional one involving the continent of Cantha. It stands to reason afterwards, there will be one involving Kamadan at the very least, though likely that entire nation, seeing as how it's a huge part of the GW2 storyline (this is where the Whispers are most prominent, who have involvement with the Dragons). Years later and things are still being added, events still held, things still happening. Also just fyi, their recent survey asked if we'd like them to continue adding expansions to GW, and the overwhelming response was 'yes'. I don't see why they'd ask that without intention.

As for the population of FF14, i don't think that is now nor has it ever really been in question. If you're doubting it, you're a blind fanboy and talking to you is about as useful as talking at a brick wall. Whether the majority of that is West vs East, I don't know, and am not really sure why it matters. I didn't read that far back. However the recent posts and screenshots of the multitude of bots should attest to the fact that not only is the population lower than originally thought (if you don't include the very many bots), but that if the East is involved in the game more than the West, it's probably because that's where botting is most prominent.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316

Do you even know what creationist means? So, in the end, you got nothing.

I know what creationist mean,thank you very much for asking. I said you reminds me of creationist because you act like one.

You said "NA and EU population drop harder than the JP population", I ask "prove it".

You said go search forum to see the server populations are pretty low and made up some numbers like 800 max on the most populated realms to make it sounds really bad.

I said that does not prove NA and EU population drop harder than the JP population. You said go search the forum again for some imaginary numbers and those threads are buried deep and probably not possible to find. Otherwise use common sense.

What kind of proof is that?

*Sigh*So you want me to search it for you too?Fine:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/27063-unhealthy-server-pouplation-should-i-keep-going/page__hl__population

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/26429-server-population/page__p__408149__hl__population__fromsearch__1#entry408149

Not to mention the numbers in post in other non-population related threads but tt's almost midnight here and I'm really tired.....

And those charts are not similar. They are the same. Their numbers come from the same source.

Oh my,you haven't looked at the charts or are you that denial?And please show me your proof that all the numbers come from the same source.

And there's no one popularity accepted peak hour. Prime time is from 7pm to 10pm usually and that's 3 freaking hours long.

So because I forgot to add "s" at the end of "hour",that totally invalidated my argument.Yep 7pm to 10pm, that'd make a total difference.

BTW a MMORPG's generally accepted peak hour(intentionally without "s" this time) is 8pm.

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

2) GW had plenty of additional content, both free and expansions.

Interesting, but without grind, it's just not enough for the PvE folks. Which is the majority of Western players it seems.

Who said that and where?

Fanboys like say,you.

I'd like to see you switch from character to another in the time it takes me to hit my weapon macro.

Yep,it'll only take 10 seconds to switch to other class instead of 35 seconds to log ing plus a few minutes to get the spot.What a game changing feature!

I'm sure those who want to play single character will agree about your alt solution.

Even more interesting would be if you could show me how you use your skills from your alt(s) on your main character.

You know what's good about the alt solution?It doesn't break immersion.

Say today you see a guy in a metal suit of armor bashing some some dodo's head in with a sword.The next day you the same guy in a dress casting spell at some rat.Yep it totally doesn't feel weird and totally doesn't break immersion.

Now that you mentioned trolling...  XIV at least has the chance to become better :)

By the time it become acceptable there'll be new MMORPGs with far more exciting gameplay features released.

Also  remember AoC,WAR and Aion?They have also gotten better,updated with expansion,given new hype,etc....But they weren't so...successful at regaining their subscribers,to put it lightly.

Usually people stick with one or two classes. Some don't. Most do.

The same can be said with FF XIV.

Let us have *faith* in them. They will add more content for free for no reason whatsoever because...because!

Because they did?

Not enough. No grind? no longevity. Don't like PvP? no longevity. This isn't rocket science.

So grind equal longevity now?The perharp Lineage 2 has the most longevity in all MMORPG.Also I wonder why people left Aion so quickly and stick with WoW and GW1 far longer,Aion has quite a long of grind in it,even at end game.

It doesn't need longevity; that's the point. As long as people buy the game and come back for a while when expansions hit the shelves, the rest is irrelevant.

It doesn't need longevity,but it has.Also if a MMORPG doesn't have longevity,bad words will get out and people will be less likely to buy new expansions,even if the game has no monthly fee.

People seem to think it's going to replace MMO's and be the "end-all" game to play for years to come. That's not how it works. Other MMO's have nothing to worry about; it's not a replacement.

GW2 will not kill any MMO because it has no monthly fee,therefore it doesn't need to compete with other MMO.But it will definitely cause other MMO to have ghost towns.

Did other MMO's crash and fall because everyone was playing GW1's PvP instead? Hmm... I wouldn't say so.

GW1 didn't have hype and was a sleeper hit.GW2 is the most hyped MMORPG next year.

Fanboys like say,you.

I can't say I am surprised that you didn't answer the second question!

Yep,it'll only take 10 seconds to switch to other class instead of 35 seconds to log ing plus a few minutes to get the spot.What a game changing feature!

I wonder what will happen during those few minutes in the middle of an encounter.

You know what's good about the alt solution?It doesn't break immersion.

Say today you see a guy in a metal suit of armor bashing some some dodo's head in with a sword.The next day you the same guy in a dress casting spell at some rat.Yep it totally doesn't feel weird and totally doesn't break immersion.

I'm sure playing 5 different characters is more immersive than playing one character as your alter ego and getting more attached to it.

Is there something "unbelievable" about what you just said either? Are those armors glued to the character so you can't remove them? Sure, in real life people can't change their clothes whenever they want so that's not immersive...oh wait. They can.

By the time it become acceptable there'll be new MMORPGs with far more exciting gameplay features released.

If that's the case, they are sure keeping those games under wraps.

The same can be said with FF XIV.

Depends how easy it is to change. Make a new character? That's not an option for many, since people want to play one character.

So grind equal longevity now?The perharp Lineage 2 has the most longevity in all MMORPG.Also I wonder why people left Aion so quickly and stick with WoW and GW1 far longer,Aion has quite a long of grind in it,even at end game.

Yes, if there is no grind (or repeatable actions, like PvP), there is no longevity. Usually a mix of both is what makes the games last.

Now you somehow seem to imply that if a game has longevity it is automatically successful or good. That is quite naive.

Still doesn't change the fact that without grind people won't play the games for long, no matter how good they are.

It doesn't need longevity,but it has.

For a select minority, it does.

GW2 will not kill any MMO because it has no monthly fee,therefore it doesn't need to compete with other MMO.But it will definitely cause other MMO to have ghost towns.

These sentences contradict with each other. How would this game affect any MMO other than temporarily?

GW1 didn't have hype and was a sleeper hit.GW2 is the most hyped MMORPG next year.

Doesn't seem to matter, as it sold 6 million copies anyway I heard.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Hey guys, lets try to cut down on all the quote boxes if we can. Thanks.

• ThachsanhThachsanh Member Posts: 331

*Sigh*So you want me to search it for you too?Fine:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/27063-unhealthy-server-pouplation-should-i-keep-going/page__hl__population

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/26429-server-population/page__p__408149__hl__population__fromsearch__1#entry408149

Not to mention the numbers in post in other non-population related threads but tt's almost midnight here and I'm really tired.....

You seem to just search, copy and paste without much aware of the contents. Those are just general observations. People point out that the server population drop, which is true. But those are inaccurate, conflicted and does not provide enough concrete number with time stamp. For example, one guy said "Besaid used to avg 2000+ up til a week and a half ago. Now it's 1400" later on in that same thread somebody else post "Besaid at 9:28pm PDT - 1,974". Again, these are no proof that NA and EU population drop harder than the JP population.

Oh my,you haven't looked at the charts or are you that denial?And please show me your proof that all the numbers come from the same source.

Look at 11/25, 11/11, 10/21, 10/14, 10/7, 9/30 column in this chart

http://img1.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-misc-viii/ff-14-player-numbers-1.png

And compare with the same column in this chart

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up82484.png

They are exactly the same on every server. If these 2 charts were from 2 different sources, that's not possible.

Anyway, this has drag on long enough and frankly, despite all the efforts, you just cannot come up with any concrete evidence to prove your point.

"I can't say I am surprised that you didn't answer the second question!"

Do I even need to point out for you?

"I wonder what will happen during those few minutes in the middle of an encounter."

Only usable in FF XIV because the combat is so slow.In other MMORPG by the time you've finished changing your class,put on tanking/ healing gears your group's already dead.

Oh BTW in GW2 every class can do everything everyone can do control(there's no tanking in the game),DPSing,Healing self sufficient as there's no dedicated healing class,everyone can heal him / herself.

"I'm sure playing 5 different characters is more immersive than playing one character as your alter ego and getting more attached to it.

Is there something "unbelievable" about what you just said either? Are those armors glued to the character so you can't remove them? Sure, in real life people can't change their clothes whenever they want so that's not immersive...oh wait. They can."

Once again you decided to take the strawman approach.

A profession is something you have to dedicate your life too.A man want to master the art of warrior,he has to dedicate his life to it. It's not as simple as you think,ever try practicing martial art?

"Depends how easy it is to change. Make a new character? That's not an option for many, since people want to play one character."

In other game making new character is free unlike in the FF MMOs where  you have to pay extra money each month,get rid of the extra fee and we'll see how many "people want to play one character"(which is your assumptiom). BTW there was a poll by a member on GW2 Forums about the implementation of a class changing system not unlike FF XIV.And the answer was overwhelmingly "No".

"Yes, if there is no grind (or repeatable actions, like PvP), there is no longevity. Usually a mix of both is what makes the games last.

Now you somehow seem to imply that if a game has longevity it is automatically successful or good. That is quite naive.

Still doesn't change the fact that without grind people won't play the games for long, no matter how good they are."

Longevity is meaningless if it feels like a chore.Chore is not fun and cause people to leave.Grinding the same PvE encounter after the first few times will eventually feel like a chore=> cause people to leave.Prime examples: Aion and Lineage 2.

"For a select minority, it does."

We were talking about PvE,I was only talking PvE longevity.

These sentences contradict with each other. How would this game affect any MMO other than temporarily?

The same way Black ops cause other games to become ghost town.Except Black ops doesn't have much content in it and won't receive any significant updates other than a few new maps,unlike GW2.

"Doesn't seem to matter, as it sold 6 million copies anyway I heard."

Now image GW2 with all the hype it's gotten.....

You seem to just search, copy and paste without much aware of the contents. Those are just general observations. People point out that the server population drop, which is true. But those are inaccurate, conflicted and does not provide enough concrete number with time stamp. For example, one guy said "Besaid used to avg 2000+ up til a week and a half ago. Now it's 1400" later on in that same thread somebody else post "Besaid at 9:28pm PDT - 1,974". Again, these are no proof that NA and EU population drop harder than the JP population.

You might as well post the whole posts:

"Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

Besaid used to avg 2000+ up til a week and a half ago

Now it's 1400.. I've been watching it like a hawk.. and I never sleep.. ask my LS <.<""

"

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:29 PM

BESAID numbers:

at 7:32am PDT - 2,198

at 9:28pm PDT - 1,974

Pretty consistent from both morning and night time hours around 2k,"

BTW half a hour before peak time make much more significant difference than half a hour during peak time,you know?Oh and the numbers people posted on that thread and the forums are quite similar and fit in with my conclusion

Look at 11/25, 11/11, 10/21, 10/14, 10/7, 9/30 column in this chart

http://img1.sankakustatic.com/wp-content/gallery/safe-misc-viii/ff-14-player-numbers-1.png

And compare with the same column in this chart

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up82484.png

They are exactly the same on every server. If these 2 charts were from 2 different sources, that's not possible.

Yep,let's ignore all other dates with different numbers and only focus on the numbers that are exactly the same,and let's forget that the latter chart doesn't even have 10/7 and 9/30 and the former chart doesn't include weekends and holidays while the latter does.BTW 11/25 and 10/21 on the 2 charts are actually not exactly the same

Anyway, this has drag on long enough and frankly, despite all the efforts, you just cannot come up with any concrete evidence to prove your point.

I've shown you my evidence. You,like a creationist,showed none and ignore all of my evidences.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

This thread has gone too far off-topic. Please remember in to remain on the topic of the OP in the future. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.