Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

English Translation rant /review/I'm not sure what this is.

couldcarelescouldcareles Member Posts: 15

Let me start by saying this is a wall of text.  I'm sorry for that.  The game really is "decent".  I'm just calling it out on a few things that bother the crap out of me. 

I  can't understand the item mall.  Nothing says whether its permanent or 1 use with a buff.  You have mounts but they are called ounmts? Or Each mount has a ounmnts that you can buy? If thats the case  WTF IS A OUNMNTS? 

I would say nearly 80% of the quests I have come across are poorly translated.  I doubt if they even used google translate. Look the game is playable and has some neat features.  However I'm not gonna do much questing if I can't understand what it is the game is asking me to do.  Like one I thought was asking me to kill Ice flowers of some sort in a dungeon.  I entered the dungeon killed every flower Cleared the dungeon. Anything with Ice in its name died. No quest update at all.  I managed to finish a quest outside the dungeon and received an item that said 'wrist slot item for your mount/pet". The item says right-click it once you have your pet/mount summoned. Nothing happened.  I'm sure it's somthing I'm missing but with the backwater half ass'd attempt at english I'm definitely gonna be screwed until I figure it out on my own.  The English Doesn't need to be perfect,  just better than it is now.

This game has a lot going against it.  Poor translations.  Crap support.  Worst game laucher/client I have ever seen.  Nobody can tell me how you even respond  to a whisper;p.  The least you could of done was taken the time and translated all the quest logs.  That would take MAYBE a week.   I'll continue playing because none of the games out right now are worth a crap anymore.  However In its current condition I would never consider Buying ANYTHING in your cash shop.   Mainly because I wouldn't know what I was buying.

You have an option:  by doing surveys you can win free cash shop money for the game.  Thats awesome I did a few on a really crapy laptop I have.  Knowing they'd be full of spyware and adware.   I was blown away when I ran a scan afterwords and found 427 spyware tags.  I thought maybe 10 or 15 lol.   Anyway I was awarded over 6 thousand cash shop bucks.  However I spent 35 minutes removing the crap off my computer.  So in essence I would of saved time/money if I had just used a credit card lol.  Again no way not in the games current condition.

Now don't get me wrong the game has cool parts.  Its just that hardly anyone is gonna be willing to stick around and find them.  When they are hit directly in the face by all the crap.  When I first found the game I noticed it wasn't even listed on mmorpg.com.  I thought wtf?  Are they lazy or is the game so fail MMorpg.com was like Oh hell no!  I posted about it on the games forums and 2 weeks later its here.  Thats fine ok so a gm paid attention.   I thought well maybe they do have some form of support.  Oh God was I wrong.  I think Nexon has more support. 

Thing I do like.  I find the mail system funny.  It being a monster that delivers mail.  When you click the good 'old fashioned return home type scroll and it puts you on an airplane pointing in the direction of your destination.  Ha neat.The button on top of each NPC thats cool I hate clicking around on an NPC if a ton of people are around.  Course thats not really a problem in this game.  Mainly because the population is I think  around "200" at peak.

I like the item upgrade system so far, however I'm not sure how cash shop dependant it is. I would know if again I could read the crap.  The cash shop prices are reasonable for costumes and what I think are mounts lol.

I like the UI.  One of the better free2play UI around.    The character models are oddball atleast its funny.  Kinda a mixture of like WoW and Flyff?   The crafting system seems easy enough 'so far' again I'm lower level so I have no real idea as of yet.     The game has what I think could be Guild Halls?  I asked around got no response.  I'm reasonably sure thats what they are.  They have levels and guards standing outfront each of them. 

So if anyone adds you as a friend you get a chicken on your head pecking away at your damn skull until you accept or decline the friend invite 'status' thingy lol.  My kid thought it was funny as all hell.  You can guess what I thought about it;P.

Anyway,  I'm playing this and facebook apps till guild wars 2 comes out  so whatever.

/end rant /review/whatever that crap is above.

I wonder how many people will say to them selves " Too long didn't read"  or "Cool story bro".

Luls~image

Comments

• fatgoosefatgoose Member Posts: 7

I actually read the whole thing lol. you had way more trouble than I did with the game.