Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vindictus Wins Big at G-Star 2010

QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Among all the MMORPG's featured at G-Star 2010, apparently it was Nexon's "Vindictus" that rose above the competition...

"Vindictus has hacked its way into the hearts of many players, with its can-do attitude and liberal stance on how many decapitations make your actions morally justified. Apparently, the players aren't the only ones in love with the game, as it has managed to walk away from the G-Star 2010convention with so many awards that the development team can build a house. The 2010 Korean Game Awards taking place on the show floor awarded Nexon's game the grand prize as well as six other awards for excellence."

http://www.massively.com/2010/11/18/g-star-2010-vindictus-wins-big-for-nexon/

I knew it was a fun game, but to do that well against some heavy hitters like TERA and Blade & Soul, somewhat surprised me.

Comments

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Hmm, I thought Vindictus was called Mabinogi Heroes in Asia.

All I know is they must not have played the same game I did, cuz it was baaaad.

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by terroni

What was 'bad' in your opinion?

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Qazz

Obviously anything that doesn't offer a reacharound with the F2P methodology.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Nice to see games like Vindictus winning so many awards. Looking forward to future content and updates until we catch up to the KR version,

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I knew it was a fun game, but to do that well against some heavy hitters like TERA and Blade & Soul, somewhat surprised me.

TERA and BnS have been released?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

Using players to host the maps. Baaaaaad.

Running the same map over and over. Doing a new mission and feeling like you've ran it before...

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

Vindictus is hardly an mmo imo. The combat is good but the all the quests on boats make it feel like a arcade game with a lobby. I guess its good for what it is tho. I dont mind it in small doses :)

/Meow

Kat