Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extended is pretty awesome for f2p

2»

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,468

Originally posted by Qazz

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Azureblaze

IMO EQ2 is for sure worth a sub. It's still my preferred MMO and I keep going back to it.

I'm not a fan of the new spell graphics..but it's still a great game.

I agree. The regular aka EQ2Live servers is still great to play on. Sertainly worth a sub.

I'm hearing complaints that EQ2 servers aren't getting new players anymore (and having trouble finding groups) since they're heading to extended...is this true? (not trolling...I want to know which one I should play on if I decide to come back to EQ2)

Yes. As they removed the EQ2Live trial.  New players can only try EQ2Ex for free. And when they would want to go to EQ2Live they will have to start all over again.

This all just adds up to the EPIC FAIL of EQ2Ex really. 

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Face it, if you are new there has not been any rason to start playing EQ2 Live for at least one year, maybe if you where brave enough to roll on one of the lower pop servers you might have had a good experience with other players actually acknowledning you and you might even have gotten some groups. I played on Antonia Bayle since 10/2006 and the last year ABs level 1-9 channel has been full with true newbies asking for advice or groups and being either talked down to or ignored. If you did not hit level 90 in when most of the players did after the SF launch  there is no reason to play on Live, at 90 you will not get groups (and no one will want you in a group because you have soloed all the way), you will not get the gear required to get into the harder group zones or easy raids because you will not get groups and good luck in finding a guild that will teach you to group and will guide you along into raiding.

The people at 90 do NOT want fresh faced level 90s with quested gear and no grouping experience, they want 90/200 with armor from the SF instances at least, if you as a new player to EQ2 think they want you you are in for a nasty surprise when you get to 90.

EQ2EX for all its faults are the only sensible thing to play if you want to start playing EQ2  today.

I still think EQ2 is a good game it is just very top heavy and the game at the moment does not give any incentive whatsoever for the old players to help the new ones along.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,468

Originally posted by Knytta

Face it, if you are new there has not been any rason to start playing EQ2 Live for at least one year, maybe if you where brave enough to roll on one of the lower pop servers you might have had a good experience with other players actually acknowledning you and you might even have gotten some groups. I played on Antonia Bayle since 10/2006 and the last year ABs level 1-9 channel has been full with true newbies asking for advice or groups and being either talked down to or ignored. If you did not hit level 90 in when most of the players did after the SF launch  there is no reason to play on Live, at 90 you will not get groups (and no one will want you in a group because you have soloed all the way), you will not get the gear required to get into the harder group zones or easy raids because you will not get groups and good luck in finding a guild that will teach you to group and will guide you along into raiding.

The people at 90 do NOT want fresh faced level 90s with quested gear and no grouping experience, they want 90/200 with armor from the SF instances at least, if you as a new player to EQ2 think they want you you are in for a nasty surprise when you get to 90.

EQ2EX for all its faults are the only sensible thing to play if you want to start playing EQ2  today.

I still think EQ2 is a good game it is just very top heavy and the game at the moment does not give any incentive whatsoever for the old players to help the new ones along.

That can be said for pretty much every MMO out there that has been running for years.

It doesn't change the fact that EQ2Ex is a rip off. Not to mention that everything in the Cash Shop is severely overpriced.