Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Thread. This game is AMAZING

BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

http://vimeo.com/14580971

Watch this video.  This game is exactly what I have been waiting for.   Should hold me over for Planet Side 2.

Comments

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

This game is NOT amazing! You never TRIED it!

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

I hope it is! The video looks amazing.. but so do many others.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Looks like some cheezy console port........

• DahakaDahaka Member Posts: 11

looks great!

Beta tested : Anarchy online , Lineage 2 , The saga of Ryzom , SWG ....
    playing : Anarchy online , WOW

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Originally posted by alderdale

Looks like some cheezy console port........

This.

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

just another shooter

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

I hate this style of graphics but if it is your kind of game good luck..

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Originally posted by fatenabu1

just another shooter

its either "just another shooter"

Or WoW clone

Or EQ clone

Or UO clone

or EVE clone

or planetside clone...

and so on and so on. Get my point? 

Anyway, this game actually looks like a lot of fun

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• Pengy20Pengy20 Member Posts: 59

Looks like it could be fun. Kinda has the art style of Borderlands. Looks like it could be fun for people who miss games likes Tabula Rasa ^.^

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Originally posted by Pengy20

Looks like it could be fun. Kinda has the art style of Borderlands. Looks like it could be fun for people who miss games likes Tabula Rasa ^.^

yeah, after watching the video, it does remind me quite a bit of Tabula Rasa. One of my favorite MMOs, right next to Auto Assault.

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

Originally posted by Explorium

Originally posted by Pengy20

yeah, after watching the video, it does remind me quite a bit of Tabula Rasa. One of my favorite MMOs, right next to Auto Assault.

Agreed. Has the Cell shade look. By the look of the video it ran smoothly. I would like to see a more in depth "class" system and see what they plan to do. Q4 of 2011 they could get alot done and make a possibly good sci-fi shooter MMO..I miss Tabula Rasa T.T

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Looks like fun. I'm a sucker for sci-fi shooters though.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Reason I said it looks like just another shooter is that I am questioning if it is really A MMORPG.. and this MMORPG.com.. that is what I meant.  The video wasn't too clear on the RPG aspects of the game or the MMO aspects of the game the way the info I have read on it reads it that it is just a team shooter game, not really a MMO..

Dustin

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Yeah too me it loooks like just another shooter. Just cause they add an xp system doesnt automatically make it an MMO, i would like to see what persistant world functions that game will have that will actually make me watn to play it for longer then a week.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Why do people ALWAYS connect a game that is NOTHING like it to Tabula Rasa?

Firefall for example, has COMPLETELY different gun physics, non-linear gameplay (unlike Tabula Rasa), and NON-instanced quests/jobs (again, unlike Tabula Rasa).

Do you people just tack on the "feel" of Tabula Rasa onto ANY science fiction MMO that will ever come out? I Alpha'ed,Beta'ed, and left prior to launch, but after the "gold" patch hit beta for launch. The game's target/shooting system was essentially put the bus sized crosshair over a target (it would auto-target the closest mob to your ret if multiple were present), and pull the trigger. It was an AUTOMATIC targeting system coupled with linear battlefield like play areas similar to Warhammer Online. Literally each play area was specifically, and linearly, meant for 1-19, 20-39, 40-50 etc etc. The quests for all linear, and even the logos were linearly found (e.g: there were ones you found along the way during the questline as you leveled, your hand was almost held the entire way towards each logos).

Don't compare Firefall to Tabula Rasa, they're nothing alike. Additionally, I'm not that interested in Firefall due to the "free" aspect, you never get anything half-decent for free.....unless they plan to charge a sub and ACTUALLY provide decent content by PAYING their server rent & employees.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

It looks meh to me...

What caught my eye were those "thumper" things along with those "ant" looking aliens.  Kinda a rip-off of Half-Life 2 if ya ask me...

I really wish I would of gotten a chance to play TR at one point or another..

Dustin

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Cant wait for this game either. Looks like awesome fun. Sucker for Sci-Fi shooters too. Miss my Quake2 days. this might look like it will come close.

• SeffrenSeffren Member Posts: 743

Looks fun.

The first batch of insect like aliens look like they're from Starship Troopers.

• YauchyYauchy Member UncommonPosts: 298

I concur on the excitement

Now lets just hope it comes out sooner rather than later, in a year full of amazing titles :)

• MannyManaMannyMana Member UncommonPosts: 121

This will become a competitor to Tribes Universe. I can already see where this trend of games is going... Look forward to it though.

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Why do people ALWAYS connect a game that is NOTHING like it to Tabula Rasa?

Firefall for example, has COMPLETELY different gun physics, non-linear gameplay (unlike Tabula Rasa), and NON-instanced quests/jobs (again, unlike Tabula Rasa).

Do you people just tack on the "feel" of Tabula Rasa onto ANY science fiction MMO that will ever come out? I Alpha'ed,Beta'ed, and left prior to launch, but after the "gold" patch hit beta for launch. The game's target/shooting system was essentially put the bus sized crosshair over a target (it would auto-target the closest mob to your ret if multiple were present), and pull the trigger. It was an AUTOMATIC targeting system coupled with linear battlefield like play areas similar to Warhammer Online. Literally each play area was specifically, and linearly, meant for 1-19, 20-39, 40-50 etc etc. The quests for all linear, and even the logos were linearly found (e.g: there were ones you found along the way during the questline as you leveled, your hand was almost held the entire way towards each logos).

Don't compare Firefall to Tabula Rasa, they're nothing alike. Additionally, I'm not that interested in Firefall due to the "free" aspect, you never get anything half-decent for free.....unless they plan to charge a sub and ACTUALLY provide decent content by PAYING their server rent & employees.

Nobody compared it to Tabula Rasa. It was stated about a Tabula Rasa Feel(3rd person  free-roam shooter Sci-fi RPG, that not all Sci-fi shooters have) that alot of people would enjoy to see again(. Anything can have the  feel of another game, but comparing them side by side is a different arguement.  The mechanics were never discussed

Originally posted by Seffren

Looks fun.

The first batch of insect like aliens look like they're from Starship Troopers.

I thought the same thing when I saw them..was hoping to see one spew acid ^.^

Granted there is really no information other than this video. it would be awesome to see the use of vehicles ^.^

• DasiousDasious Member UncommonPosts: 6

Guys, a better video to watch would definitely be the one with Dev commentary. Check out this Thread instead of the link posted in the first topic.