Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is going to kill WoW?

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

You are so wrong.  The more i read about SWTOR the less i'm interested.  It looks like the devs are trying to make a space version of WOW with this game.    It will be WOW with lighsabers and blasters.   Who wants to play WOW with blasters ?  Certainly not me.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by Aguitha

You are so wrong.  The more i read about SWTOR the less i'm interested.  It looks like the devs are trying to make a space version of WOW with this game.    It will be WOW with lighsabers and blasters.   Who wants to play WOW with blasters ?  Certainly not me.

wuaaa! wow with lazors!

anyway, this game looks nothing like wow to me, but hey, that's just me :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ZarkanarZarkanar Member Posts: 55

LOL, you people never quit, do you? You keep hoping your little pet game (that you have nothing to do with, nor do you benefit from other than entertainment) will kill a game that you also have no reason to hate. No, this game won't kill WoW, and it has no reason to, anyway.

------------------------
    Everyone on this site:
    1: MMORPGs are DOOMED, and I have the answers to save them!
    2: THIS game's gonna kill WoW!
    3: I wish things would go back to the Golden Age of MMORPGs, which only existed in my mind...

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by snoocky

. . .who kills wow...

,,,it'll be Rift.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

. . .who kills wow...

,,,it'll be Rift.

Just signed up for the cb , hope i get in it :P

As far as TOR killing wow? I doubt it.  I know rift sure as hell won't kill wow, and I highly doubt that gw2 will kill it.

If wow dies it will be because of how long the game has been going on for and ppl losing interest in it or a new generation of gamers who don't want to play it.

It really wouldn't die either, it would just see a population decrease of fans getting bored with the genre or the game itself.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Can't kill WoW when there is nothing to kill or no reason to kill it.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by harvest151

Enough Said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK5EZe7hccA&NR=1

LOL nice!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Oh my lord that was priceless .So sick of these threads but this was well worth it for that video.

Chamber of Chains
  • YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

pew pew!

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

No it wont kill WoW becasue it is trying to copy it. We all know what happens with past MMO that do that?

• PapamacPapamac Member UncommonPosts: 162

Originally posted by Sudowoodoo

Perhaps it is bout time I picked up swtor and started playing it.

Troll much?

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

No way...have you seen the animations?

And plzzz stop all those threads about who kills wow...

This, but then again swtor won't be played by gamers.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

unless the game's decided to cater to those 17 and under it wont kill wow. personally i hope none of these new mmo's do that. WoW can keep their kids and ill take the better game and enjoy it .

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

As much as I want SWTOR to kill WoW, I doubt it will. It may be strong competition for WoW, but it won't be the death of WoW. I don't care either way because I will probably be a dedicated SWTOR player and I could never get into WoW, tried it once and did not care for it.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Ryukan

As much as I want SWTOR to kill WoW, I doubt it will. It may be strong competition for WoW, but it won't be the death of WoW. I don't care either way because I will probably be a dedicated SWTOR player and I could never get into WoW, tried it once and did not care for it.

You could never get into WoW but will be a dedicated swtor player? Interesting.

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by revy66

When myself and the many gamers I know personally, pick up a box and sub to it, you will have been proven wrong. What's with this crap anyways? Gamers wont play SWTOR? You mad or something?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Kriosis

When myself and the many gamers I know personally, pick up a box and sub to it, you will have been proven wrong. What's with this crap anyways? Gamers wont play SWTOR? You mad or something?

hmm.. not sure where the 'this game won't be played by gamers' comes from, not exactly going to appeal to the WI knitting circle after all image

having said that, it probably won't have the same kind of general appeal that WoW has, i see it being more like Eve online, a niche game, good at what it does, but within a limited interest range. Do agree though, all these 'x games will kill WoW' is just plain daft, its just not going to happen. Honestly think those kinds of posts are just trolls trying to stir up an argument to smear WoW with, I personally just don't see the WoW thing ever happening again... WoW will have to self destruct first.. besides, not many Fantasy gamers are really all that into sci fi ones..  image

• elos_rekatelos_rekat Member Posts: 106

as much as I love space sci fi movies, I have no interest in a space based MMORPG.  It is my belief that most people greatly prefer either swords and sorcery or space and shun the other.  Because of this SWTOR will not kill WoW.

Originally posted by Elidien

Originally posted by harvest151

Enough Said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK5EZe7hccA&NR=1

That video was hilarious. Made the thread worth visiting!

that was hillarious.. lazer rifles... hehe.. star wars geeks are the original geeks.. and .. watching a 40 stone fat blokes re-enacting saber duels...  script writer for these things is awesome! imageimageimage

Originally posted by elos_rekat

as much as I love space sci fi movies, I have no interest in a space based MMORPG.  It is my belief that most people greatly prefer either swords and sorcery or space and shun the other.  Because of this SWTOR will not kill WoW.

er.. there is no space in SW:TOR... (a browser based tunnel shooter doesnt count!) so.. its more a comparison of swords and magic vs ..er .. laser swords and .. force powers.. no wait....... image

• elos_rekatelos_rekat Member Posts: 106

bad  phrasology on my part. 

Take 2.

Fantasy RPG vs Sci fi RPG

different terms same effect

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

Only father time will kill WoW!!!

A far as TORs spot in the market I think it will do really well. Between my friends and my brothers that play MMOs this will be the only game all of them are getting since WoW.  The only other game they all played before that was EQ. All of them played other MMOs in between but no one agreed on the same game. 

Really this game bridges Sci-Fi and fantasy.  Its space with swords (light sabers) and magic (the Force). So I think it will appeal to a much larger group.

lol just watched that video!!! gnomish laser that was good one thanks!

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by Kriosis

hmm.. not sure where the 'this game won't be played by gamers' comes from, not exactly going to appeal to the WI knitting circle after all image

having said that, it probably won't have the same kind of general appeal that WoW has, i see it being more like Eve online, a niche game, good at what it does, but within a limited interest range. Do agree though, all these 'x games will kill WoW' is just plain daft, its just not going to happen. Honestly think those kinds of posts are just trolls trying to stir up an argument to smear WoW with, I personally just don't see the WoW thing ever happening again... WoW will have to self destruct first.. besides, not many Fantasy gamers are really all that into sci fi ones..  image

Yup, SWTOR will not kill WoW neither will anygame released by any other company in the future. The culprit for that will be Blizzard through one way or another. Probably lack of interesting content, can't rely on resurrection a boss every expansion and dailys for the rest of its existence, or can it? Guess I should never underestimate a WoW player.

I'm gonna say SWTOR has a chance at hitting those numbers. It's not crazy, it's quite possible. Unless people honestly believe the other 6 billion something people on this planet are nonexistent. But...I can't say you're wrong. niche? maybe. Next big MMO? It's possible.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

I think swotr is going to kill a fly