Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When does this game take place

I am wondering when it take place

crazy is good

crazy is good

Comments

• Elendil88Elendil88 Member Posts: 35

If you're asking about wich age, then it's the Third Age. But more specificaly, basically the same time as the Lord Of The Rings, frodo------>mordor part of the epic ;)

• scubastevescubasteve Member Posts: 31
    but even MORE specificly after the fellowship leaves moria

pwnt

• voignarvoignar Member Posts: 5
    And even more speciffically it will always be right after the fellowship passes through, no matter where you are.
  • NeogenesisNeogenesis Member Posts: 29
    What does it matter when it will take place, it will be a good game anywayimage
  • SimshooterSimshooter Member Posts: 24
    They say 14 febr. 2005 but that's not sure.
  • voignarvoignar Member Posts: 5
    in fact, thats not true!!!
  • NeogenesisNeogenesis Member Posts: 29

So the question is still, when  does it take placeimage

• GambinoGambino Member Posts: 31

The actual MMORPG called "MEO" will come into existence sometime this year, hopefully.

The "virtual Middle-earth" time period we will be playing in will be after the Fellowship leaves Moria (this is an example of how, in the game, we will always be one step behind them and will never actually be able to see them.  The date in which they leave the mines is the 15th of January, year 3019, of the Third Age.  This is right in the middle of the War of the Ring.  As Turbine releases expansions (we will not be confined to just Eriador, which is only the land West of the Misty Mountains), we will advance in time.  The release of Rhovanion, Rohan, Gondor, Moria, and hopefully beyond) will signify the advances.  The wierd part is how the devs will bring us to Mordor and end the game.  Will we just start over, or will they let us advance farther into the continent to remote locations such as Rhun and Harad.

This is also seven thousand years after the Return of the Noldor and three thousand years after the Downfall of Numenor.

• woalCEwoalCE Member Posts: 32

Here, here! I'm very interested to see how plot progression will change the world as it seems that I haven't played a game since AC that handled that well. I'd also point to seasonal changes as something that really don't seem that huge of an addition, but at this point in tech/play testing throwing in these sorts of fx go a long ways towards extending the life of a game.

Enjoy your favorite MMO with us!
    crimsongamers.com

• medamenmedamen Member Posts: 3

I am really waiting till the game comes out, I have signtup allready, but the waiting is F*ckt up !

bla