Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Khitai Grind Killed my fun

i think i won't have to add more

Armor Grind . Mount Grind . HM Grind . Raid Grind over and over and over and over

Comments

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Well, in the end I guess all MMOs are grinds...it all depends on how you play the grind, plan it, and execute it. I grinded alot in WOW also I remember..but I did it with friends, so then it was okay.

I guess its the same with AoC for me. But I must say, the best time in any MMO must be the experince from start to max level, and the feeling of pushing ever forward towards a goal. At least in AoC they gave me a good story to follow, and nice places to visit.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Grinding isn't a terrible thing as long as there are other things to do.  With AoC, though, your other options are pretty limited.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by Destiny2010

Well, in the end I guess all MMOs are grinds...it all depends on how you play the grind, plan it, and execute it. I grinded alot in WOW also I remember..but I did it with friends, so then it was okay.

I guess its the same with AoC for me. But I must say, the best time in any MMO must be the experince from start to max level, and the feeling of pushing ever forward towards a goal. At least in AoC they gave me a good story to follow, and nice places to visit.

That is all well and true, but the thing with AOC, it was suppose to be  "that" game that tries to steer  away less from, it was one of the games finer qualities for those that purchased AOC,  now with the expansion, its the opposite..hell, even grinders are saying what the hell.

So , ya normal to grind in any mmo, but in this case, if some were looking to grind, they probably would of stayed  in the other mmos that already have that, instead of having it dropped over their heads via expansion.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I hear you. I stopped playing a while ago because of it. I love the world, love the combat, love the artwork, I just don't really like the endgame at the moment.

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

I actually liked how the Khitai endgame group dungeons were done, but the fraction grind was just ridiculously boring and laughable executed, especially how it was tied into the main story quest-line. Zones filled with repeatable fraction grind quests, in what universe is that fun?

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by BesCirga

I actually liked how the Khitai endgame group dungeons were done, but the fraction grind was just ridiculously boring and laughable executed, especially how it was tied into the main story quest-line. Zones filled with repeatable fraction grind quests, in what universe is that fun?

The Universe of Craig

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

I played khitai for a month, in that month i went through every area (not every instance). since then i only go there once every two weeks or so for about an hour. The grind is terrible. You just feel like you have to keep getting the next item/insignia/token.

I left WoW because of that and i am dissapointed that i may leave AoC for the same reason.

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309

I agree, i loved AOC.  But khitai sucks balls, nothing but a grind.  Couldn't make myself even play it.  I think i lasted 2 weeks after it came out, saw how pointless the grind was, and gave up.