Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game is good; why this game sucks.

13»

Comments

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by Zlayer77

Originally posted by choujiofkono

I'll make this easy and predict that 90% of everyone on MMORPG.com is going to buy SWTOR and sub to it.  Maybe not for a long time but sub you will.  Reading a few of these posts has been utterly hilarious.  xD 

I don't think there has been anything remotely close to the devlopment that is contained in this game and even if it's not your #1 most favoritestestest game in the world...  I think most everybody in the MMO genre community is going to find something they will like doing for a while at least.

I can't wait till open beta.  It's going to be insane. LoL 

I think you are wrong... after WoW, Lotro, WAR, AOC, AION, Champions online, Star Trek, etc etc dont you think people are kinda fed up by these games? I know I am.. all above game play exacly the same? why would people get jet another clone? People are jaded after all the shit that has come out before, Both lotro, WAR and AOC had mush higher hype levels then SWTOR.

People will not Buy this one as they did In the past they will see if it becomes a hit or not.... And the chans that it becomes a hit is slim...

EA is also known for pushing shit out way before its ready so count on that adding to the mix.. Mush better to wait around 6 months to a year... You wont be missing mush to be honest If you belive its going to be a smash hit... You can just wait a year or so.. So they can fix all the bugs etc..

Ps: Im to old for these Themeparks and I need mush more from a game.. So I have done like most vets and retired to EVE.. let the little kidds have fun in the Themeparks. I also love the Old Star wars movies to mush to crap it up with SWTOR. Lucas manged to sabotage the New movies as he was making them for his daughters... He got Old also and should have let some new talent make them instead.... 

So I will never enjoy the Crap that is SWTOR its just not my type of game...

I hope they don't mush it up eithier. I am more of a oatmeal kinda guy. I just don't even know where to begin with this.

In Bioware we trust!

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

I'll make this easy and predict that 90% of everyone on MMORPG.com is going to buy SWTOR and sub to it.  Maybe not for a long time but sub you will.  Reading a few of these posts has been utterly hilarious.  xD 

I don't think there has been anything remotely close to the devlopment that is contained in this game and even if it's not your #1 most favoritestestest game in the world...  I think most everybody in the MMO genre community is going to find something they will like doing for a while at least.

I think you are wrong... after WoW, Lotro, WAR, AOC, AION, Champions online, Star Trek, etc etc dont you think people are kinda fed up by these games? I know I am.. all above game play exacly the same? why would people get jet another clone? People are jaded after all the shit that has come out before, Both lotro, WAR and AOC had mush higher hype levels then SWTOR.

People will not Buy this one as they did In the past they will see if it becomes a hit or not.... And the chans that it becomes a hit is slim...

EA is also known for pushing shit out way before its ready so count on that adding to the mix.. Mush better to wait around 6 months to a year... You wont be missing mush to be honest If you belive its going to be a smash hit... You can just wait a year or so.. So they can fix all the bugs etc..

Ok LOTRO didn´t bother , i really didn´t bother cause already had 2 mmo back then City of heroes (sand box with innovations) and WoW (themepark ride )

Warhammer didn´t bother GW product and GW community (oh i going to play with freaking 80% munchkins and whinners, gee let me stay at wow)

AoC goody sounded good , looked at ti then said ok too mcuh grinding and ganking . and the cool dudes who wanted destroyable fortress , i wouldn´t even bother to invest time in making a community .

Aion woot good hype good game , wtf FORCED pvp at level 30 >.< bye bye mass multiplayer ... (who was right ? )

its a concept that works in the east not in the west (and yes its not dead and its not doing badly 350k subscriber)

Champions online , oh well nice beta invite , almost tempted but nah i am loyal customer of CoX so sticking with it .

Star Trek online ... i must say this intersted me , but sadly i have to pay 500 euro for a game i like to play , it beter have something that make my ship crew interact , where the heck is my ship inside decoration , crew interaction .

So what makes SWTOR different is that it has exactly what i am looking for , WoW clone easy of play , Stories , Companions and Player starship housing (my warehouse) its a SCI FI .

Done deal mind made up , and i going to have a blast , i dont have to deal with forced interaction small mmo communities .

I will rejoin the  bioware fans , who atleast makes sense in there post , no matter how hot the debates are .

And they have a OPEN MIND , instead of a box close minded conviction that cannot be persuaded .

Hurray Well i dont know about you , but we are realistic , we are not looking for a WOW KILLER .

We are looking for a wow supplement , and if the community is beter even if the population is less , is good enough .

Now SWTOR , first thing to make is succesfull , is get rid of whinner crowd and so called hardcore attention Biatches.

(those always come back and subscribe cause blizzard is much more unforgiving )

Anyway half of them will play cause people play there , there need there daily dose of drama and intrigues.

Sensible people can become whinners , whinners cannot become sensible people !!

Anyway i would glady bet you something for that it will hit the spot of success this one .

Unless they gave in to the hardcore whinners like every last hit MMO with cool ideas based on there limited MMO experience.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Originally posted by whilan

Yep they all play like each other, maybe it has something to do with they are all in the same genre. Many people play CoD and other such games because they like those types of games. The people stating they are getting tired of it are maybe just getting tired of the genre.

In short MMORPG (the real ones) are going to have levels of some kind. players repeating things. Getting loot and some kind of inventory.

Which is about all those share in common.

Some games share more in common with others. But WaR is a PvP game, AoC was about the quick battle system. AIon flight system. Star trek for space, Champions was a super hero. Finally ToR is about personal story you can change.

hmm go play Linage2, Doac, Ultima online, Everquest, WoW and EVE.... and then play Lotro, Warhamer, AOC, Champions online and Star trek online...

If you are not totaly baised you will see that the later Play mush more like one another then the former... The trend now is making copy clones.. Because Devs just dont know better.

The Avatar Movie was a hit? whey do you think we are not seeing 10 copy movies coming out also about aliens in need of help... Just that they are Green, Red and Orange instead?

Because Directors and writers of movies KNOW THAT PEOPLE NEED A CHANGE!!!!!

But MMO developers think you have to have Quests, Levels, Raids, Battlegrounds etc or ells its not an MMO lol lol lol I know a million ways to do away with all Four and still have a massive multiplayer game. OR an RPG game, that is fun for everyone... But developers Think that hey We have to do it like it has been done before... Forgeting that World of Warcraft did it alot diffren... I got a chock to the system when I started playing it... It was WAY Diffrent then the Hardcore games that had gone before it... And dont let the old Vets here say that bla bla they just stole fetures.... That aint true the Revolutionized the way the games were designed in a fundamental way.. Just look at the Zone design,, Quest design... Class design I can go on forever but WoW was Breaking new ground when It came out....

New GAMES need to DO the same or they WILL FAIL!

Wow did not reviolutionize anything when it came it out, all it did was simplify EQ. All EQ did was just take Muds and add shiny graphics to them.

In Bioware we trust!

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

hmm go play Linage2, Doac, Ultima online, Everquest, WoW and EVE.... and then play Lotro, Warhamer, AOC, Champions online and Star trek online...

If you are not totaly baised you will see that the later Play mush more like one another then the former... The trend now is making copy clones.. Because Devs just dont know better.

The Avatar Movie was a hit? whey do you think we are not seeing 10 copy movies coming out also about aliens in need of help... Just that they are Green, Red and Orange instead?

Because Directors and writers of movies KNOW THAT PEOPLE NEED A CHANGE!!!!!

But MMO developers think you have to have Quests, Levels, Raids, Battlegrounds etc or ells its not an MMO lol lol lol I know a million ways to do away with all Four and still have a massive multiplayer game. OR an RPG game, that is fun for everyone... But developers Think that hey We have to do it like it has been done before... Forgeting that World of Warcraft did it alot diffren... I got a chock to the system when I started playing it... It was WAY Diffrent then the Hardcore games that had gone before it... And dont let the old Vets here say that bla bla they just stole fetures.... That aint true the Revolutionized the way the games were designed in a fundamental way.. Just look at the Zone design,, Quest design... Class design I can go on forever but WoW was Breaking new ground when It came out....

New GAMES need to DO the same or they WILL FAIL!

And yet all these 'clones' you refer to tend to have higher subscriptions than any of the sandbox games you listed (other than EVE). It is clear that the sandbox model is NOT POPULAR and leads to failure much more consistently than the themepark model.

You see... Blizzard understood with WoW that the MMORPG genre had a lot of things that worked and a lot of things that didn't. They looked at all the previous games that had been released and they removed the aspects they considered tedious while also improving the aspects they believed worked. While this angered the miniscule sandbox crowd, it made 10s of millions of other gamers very happy. They understood what was truly popular with the target audience at large... not just some tiny insignificant sandbox niche that inhabits MMO gaming forums such as this one. WoW is so popular because Blizzard understands this fact... and I believe Bioware understands it too.

So go ahead and doomsay all you want, but Bioware is making a very smart move by leaving the sandbox crowd in the dust. If they catered to you, their game would most certainly fail. As it is now, the chances of success are much higher.

And BTW, the word is spelled much not mush.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I am not sure about the crafting yet. If I read the descriptions correctly, it seems the crafting or gathering has no contact to the actual game world. You might get a message that one of your pets found this or that resource out of nothing.
    Now I often read "They left the boring part of gathering out of the game." But to me it wasn´t boring, when I hunted a few mobs off the beaten path and suddenly saw a rich Thorium node around the corner.
    I have to see how it works in the actual game.

Originally posted by Herodes

I am not sure about the crafting yet. If I read the descriptions correctly, it seems the crafting or gathering has no contact to the actual game world. You might get a message that one of your pets found this or that resource out of nothing.

Now I often read "They left the boring part of gathering out of the game." But to me it wasn´t boring, when I hunted a few mobs off the beaten path and suddenly saw a rich Thorium node around the corner.

I have to see how it works in the actual game.

this is only speculations since i am not in the beta or else if i were i couldn´t talk about it .

Look way it works is its simple and same time complex , you let your companions do all the works by just giving it commands in the ship , log off , the dice roll (or game mechanics) does the work you get a perfect 100 for exampl you found something ultra rare (offcourse it would take time before the companion returns its not direct go and fetch and roll , 1000 times a day).

Now you can forgo on that mechanics , and just go hunt yourself and do everything yourself , same system every target loot that suppose to drop that ultra rare , you get a roll for it .

So yes manual hunting probaly is faster , cause you get more rolls in the allocated time .

So example only example a companion takes 3 hours to get that roll , you go out grind the mobs .

You might get 6-10 rolls in the 3 hours . so manual still pays off , while those who dont care to grind .

Also have a chance once in a while .

This again is my speculation based on gamemechanics of mmo systems .

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

I hope its just the language barrier that keep people for understanding. Or ells we are all in big trubble.

POINT Number 1 of my post = Why make a game with Quests, Battlegrounds, Raids and levels when you dont have to?

POINT Number2 of my post = Old hardcore MMOs did not have any quests... Linage2 for example only had grind. They also often started with one Class and then it became multiple classes. Doac for example had a way diffrent PvE system. UO had skills and you could break into peoples houses etc... they were way diffrent. EQ come on people it might have some fetures WoW used but the game is way, way diffrent.

Moving around by clicking the mous anyone? Most games before WoW had this. WoW mad it easier with the WASD. Zone construction going from Ashenvale to Darkshore or the Barrens.. Way diffrent zones. Was well made Class system, Hunters for example... Easy crafting, easy gathering etc. Nice NO load zones system... Flight travel were you got to look at what was below and fly over zones you hadent  reached yet? A big world! Lots of dungeons and loot... you dident have to craft your items there were actually loot you could find from drops and USE. Fast paced skilled based pvp... WoW had alot of things that was missing from the games that came before it. You could agrue they picked the best fetures from other games then put in some of there own. But the End result was a game that was WAY diffrent then anything ells on the market at that time.

To be a bit constructive here I would like to say that I know of a few ways that you could have done SWTor, and done away with both BGs, Raids, Companions(hate these Imaginary friends) Quest and levels and still made it a Themepark experince. The benefit would have been that people would suddenly find themself playing something NEW, like many people did back in 2004. Then SWTOR would have been a smash hit. Now its just another game in a long line of games that have come out since 2004 that fetures a minimap, a quest log, a BG cue system, a looking for group system, a set roll Class system, a raid system, A reroll encouragement system. A mouse wheel Loot distribution system (run till you burn out) etc etc etc... 

I have played many games like this before and even if you Fan boys think its gona be Great! I fear that the darkside (the masses who see little diffrence) wont flock to another CLONE....

Ps: Anibusian Much is spelled "Mycket" in swedish and "sehr" in german I bet you dident know that? those are two of the other languages I speak, along with Norwedgien, Danish and French.

I could ofc run my text through a spelling program to get all the Gramatics correct, sorry that I dident feel the need.

Zlayer like 1 millions time , you see how many people want change , or else AoC War and AION would have been closed.

Part of the people who want change , they want to get away from blizzard only dominance in the genre .

Where your input doesn´t matter , its there game they are god they do what they want .

Your sandbox MMO and those socalled follow up had the same stupid FANBOI they are close minded .

People want a MMO thats OPEN minded , ease to play , and other company .

That can only bring beter MMO , your sandbox is dead cause why ? money talks bullshit walks .

Its like cool a steam locomotive , still loved by some people , but you dont see many companies investing into steam powered stuff .

Now bioware is bringing there own community , about time other game companies does it too .

That community is much more mature and story driven , its to them that this MMO is targeted first .

You can try to make a sandbox MMO and gather your crowd , but its way limited why cause sandbox community are so freaking close minded .

Only takes one simple issue to split up a sandbox community , XP alone is a Q.Q word .

Sorry best thing MMO developers do , is not to listen to majority of  sandbox community , its always the same "my opnion is the only one" when facts or stuff i dont agree , i just bury my head in the sand and ignore it  .

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Fibsdk

Originally posted by depain

Pros

#1. Graphics - While I'm more into the more "detailed" graphics, SWTOR does indeed have a decent look and is system friendly. Animations needs serious improvement, which at this point you can expect they are smoothing them out. Still Heroic proportions really unpleasant.

#2. Voiced NPCs - While the size of the game might suck (GBs), at least it's more "absorbing". As in AoC and other voiced over games, players will skip dialogs pretty fast. This is especially the case for MMOs.

#3. Crafting - Is it as in-depth as something like SWG? No. However, it is innovative. The crew system and management features appear to be fantastic. Not sure about that, until further details I won't hype over it. I'd say unless crafting components have stats that aren't static and there's something like an experimentation system it won't be that great: only mini games.

Cons

#1. Linear Class System - I don't care about the few little skill trees that one can fart around with. The bottom line is this: You begin as a Ranger and end as a Ranger. There is absolutely no depth. Been there, done that. What about some type of customizable hybrid system? How about something other than everything else? Seriously the mandatory faction for classes is more of the issue. Also dividing force users in 8 sub classes is lame. You can't play the character you want as faction, saber hilts types and force powers will be dictated by your class. 

#2. Linear Story - Yeah, you can choose from a few different option. However, you are still locked into a 100% story progression. Other than a little fine tuning, you are told what to do, what to say, where to go, and when to do it. It's like reading a damn book and going through the motions. More or less an online you are the hero book, still what would you expect? SOE and LA failed with their sandbox, they want to try something else.

#3. Forced Companions - The devs stated that you will need certain companions to access certain quests. So IT IS forced. I've never seen a game where any companion or pet worked perfectly. Pets get caught up on walls, trees, hills, bushes, and are generally slow as hell. You have to monitor their health, armor, equipment, etc. It's just another thing to get in the way. Neat option? Sure. But neat FORCED option? No. Companions being required to play or be on par in PvP is a pain for sure. Biggest downer is real pet classes seems to be lacking.

#4. Space Combat - I remember when they released info that they are indeed creating Space Content. Wow! I was so happy. I couldn't wait for the details! It was like expecting the most perfect chocolate cake for your birthday. However, instead of your parents walking in with a candle lit cake, they walk in holding a giant c0ckmeat sandwich. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Didn't I play this on the N64? This is no different than Clone Wars Adventures Space Content - It's embarrassing to the game. The tube shooter is really the biggest fail on that game, especially the lack of the multiplayer part and the fact there's already a tube shooter available in CWA.

#5. Type-Casted Characters - I'd like to roll a damage dealing Sith Marauder. But wait... In order to obtain optimal DPS, I HAVE to use two lightsabers? I can't just use one? ;/ Why? They want folks to know exactly who's who upon examination. Not sure what you expect here. See #1. Add to that the fact your character look and gear color palette will be dictated by your class.

#6. Locking Story - Story can be nice. However, in this case, it will lock us in. I'd like to roll a Rikkittikkitavi-whatever Warrior. However, that wouldn't make sense with the story. You see, they can't just let you be whatever race / class combo you want because of how the story is written. Doing so would call for drastic editing / revamping. See #2

#7. Daniel Erickson - "When did Han & Chewie ever say, 'Hey! let's go into space and just dick around.'" This idiotic remark just goes to show that they hold little value on exploration. They want whatever you are doing to be "heroic". Erm. When everything is heroic, nothing is heroic. Does this same remark apply to the ground game? I have nothing against the man, but sometimes you wonder if he really thinks what he says or he's see people as dumb sheep.

#8. Battlegrounds - I hope you're ready for the epic 8v8 battle on the same 5 zones over and over and over again. Why people like this trash is beyond me (other than PvErs). My only break of fresh air is due to the promise of World PvP. However, we know nothing of the rule set. 8v8? How is that Massive Multiplayer? I can get bigger battles in Call of Duty or Quake Live. 8 vs 8 PvP is nothing more than enhanced arena, seriously I do hope they have much bigger PvP than that or else even FunCom will make fun of them..

Ultimately, if George Lucas and Malcom in the Middle had a kid, it would SWTOR. This game is built under the "hold my hand" mentality. I'll buy it / play it simply because it's Star Wars. S'd say once again BioWare is far from the only culprit, don't forget LA is involved and they had a big take in SWG tooo.

Finally biggests cons:

1. Restrictions

2. Space ball combat seems even more fun
  • Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by Deewe

Originally posted by Fibsdk

Pros

#1. Graphics - While I'm more into the more "detailed" graphics, SWTOR does indeed have a decent look and is system friendly. Animations needs serious improvement, which at this point you can expect they are smoothing them out. Still Heroic proportions really unpleasant.

#2. Voiced NPCs - While the size of the game might suck (GBs), at least it's more "absorbing". As in AoC and other voiced over games, players will skip dialogs pretty fast. This is especially the case for MMOs.

#3. Crafting - Is it as in-depth as something like SWG? No. However, it is innovative. The crew system and management features appear to be fantastic. Not sure about that, until further details I won't hype over it. I'd say unless crafting components have stats that aren't static and there's something like an experimentation system it won't be that great: only mini games.

Cons

#1. Linear Class System - I don't care about the few little skill trees that one can fart around with. The bottom line is this: You begin as a Ranger and end as a Ranger. There is absolutely no depth. Been there, done that. What about some type of customizable hybrid system? How about something other than everything else? Seriously the mandatory faction for classes is more of the issue. Also dividing force users in 8 sub classes is lame. You can't play the character you want as faction, saber hilts types and force powers will be dictated by your class. 

#2. Linear Story - Yeah, you can choose from a few different option. However, you are still locked into a 100% story progression. Other than a little fine tuning, you are told what to do, what to say, where to go, and when to do it. It's like reading a damn book and going through the motions. More or less an online you are the hero book, still what would you expect? SOE and LA failed with their sandbox, they want to try something else.

#3. Forced Companions - The devs stated that you will need certain companions to access certain quests. So IT IS forced. I've never seen a game where any companion or pet worked perfectly. Pets get caught up on walls, trees, hills, bushes, and are generally slow as hell. You have to monitor their health, armor, equipment, etc. It's just another thing to get in the way. Neat option? Sure. But neat FORCED option? No. Companions being required to play or be on par in PvP is a pain for sure. Biggest downer is real pet classes seems to be lacking.

#4. Space Combat - I remember when they released info that they are indeed creating Space Content. Wow! I was so happy. I couldn't wait for the details! It was like expecting the most perfect chocolate cake for your birthday. However, instead of your parents walking in with a candle lit cake, they walk in holding a giant c0ckmeat sandwich. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Didn't I play this on the N64? This is no different than Clone Wars Adventures Space Content - It's embarrassing to the game. The tube shooter is really the biggest fail on that game, especially the lack of the multiplayer part and the fact there's already a tube shooter available in CWA.

#5. Type-Casted Characters - I'd like to roll a damage dealing Sith Marauder. But wait... In order to obtain optimal DPS, I HAVE to use two lightsabers? I can't just use one? ;/ Why? They want folks to know exactly who's who upon examination. Not sure what you expect here. See #1. Add to that the fact your character look and gear color palette will be dictated by your class.

#6. Locking Story - Story can be nice. However, in this case, it will lock us in. I'd like to roll a Rikkittikkitavi-whatever Warrior. However, that wouldn't make sense with the story. You see, they can't just let you be whatever race / class combo you want because of how the story is written. Doing so would call for drastic editing / revamping. See #2

#7. Daniel Erickson - "When did Han & Chewie ever say, 'Hey! let's go into space and just dick around.'" This idiotic remark just goes to show that they hold little value on exploration. They want whatever you are doing to be "heroic". Erm. When everything is heroic, nothing is heroic. Does this same remark apply to the ground game? I have nothing against the man, but sometimes you wonder if he really thinks what he says or he's see people as dumb sheep.

#8. Battlegrounds - I hope you're ready for the epic 8v8 battle on the same 5 zones over and over and over again. Why people like this trash is beyond me (other than PvErs). My only break of fresh air is due to the promise of World PvP. However, we know nothing of the rule set. 8v8? How is that Massive Multiplayer? I can get bigger battles in Call of Duty or Quake Live. 8 vs 8 PvP is nothing more than enhanced arena, seriously I do hope they have much bigger PvP than that or else even FunCom will make fun of them..

Ultimately, if George Lucas and Malcom in the Middle had a kid, it would SWTOR. This game is built under the "hold my hand" mentality. I'll buy it / play it simply because it's Star Wars. S'd say once again BioWare is far from the only culprit, don't forget LA is involved and they had a big take in SWG tooo.

Finally biggests cons:

1. Restrictions

2. Space ball combat seems even more fun

Eh? I didn't know MMOs where all that un-restrictive. As far as a themepark mmo is concerned you get more choices than most and ever more than most sand boxes but to each there own.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Umm, kinda early to be doing reviews isn't it?

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by brostyn

Umm, kinda early to be doing reviews isn't it?

Yes and no...

For the fun have a look here: Launch day+1: an assumed TOR review

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

I have played many games like this before and even if you Fan boys think its gona be Great! I fear that the darkside (the masses who see little diffrence) wont flock to another CLONE....

LOL! Please dont tell me you think your view on this game is what the masses think?

• ZarkanarZarkanar Member Posts: 55

Stopped paying attention when I read someone saying 90% of MMORPG.com vistors will subscribe to it, that's just absolutely ridiculous and silly.

------------------------
    Everyone on this site:
    1: MMORPGs are DOOMED, and I have the answers to save them!
    2: THIS game's gonna kill WoW!
    3: I wish things would go back to the Golden Age of MMORPGs, which only existed in my mind...

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by Zarkanar

Stopped paying attention when I read someone saying 90% of MMORPG.com vistors will subscribe to it, that's just absolutely ridiculous and silly.

Which goes to show that people don't really read. The person you referred to said that 90% of people will buy the game, not subscribe to it. And I don't know if it'll be 90%, but I'm betting that the vast majority will indeed at least buy the box. They won't be able to help themselves, they'll have to try it, but since their minds are already made up they will not enjoy it.

Originally posted by Zarkanar

First off all its not 90% of the visitors , its 90% of the mmorpg , there is a difference a visitor who  dont care much , but most of the posters on this forum , probaly will give it a go one way or another , most probaly will buy the box .

To see what this game is about . how many people didn´t ever try WoW ?

Even the hate towards wow , almost all of us tried it one way or another . it doesn´t mean they will sub it and keep paying .

some people just go so far just to buy the box , play for 30 days to just flame in game .

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

I don't mind them making a game that's not for me.  That's most of the games in existence.  It's the arrogant attitude that I can't stomach.  F*** 'em and the game they rode in on.

They were just replying in kind to the hundreds of douchebags that lit fires to the forums when they found out it wasn't going to be an open-space system.  I imagine its pretty irritating to work hundreds to thousands of hours to put together a segment of a game and then have people piss all over it before they even try it.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

What happens if you are relatively slow in leveling because you have a job/kids and all your friends/online threads tell you what the story is?   It would be like having people tell you about how the movie/book ends before you go see it/read it.  Same thing.   Takes the fun out of the game.

It's why the re-playability of KOTOR is so low, because you know the story plot inside and out.   Not sure how this game has many subscribers.    I believe people will buy it, go through it once/twice, then retire it.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Think they have stated there would be PvP content, group quests and raids. So if someone can play another MMO for a long time, then this one should really be no different.

Yeah the story is the big draw however there are other things besides just the story.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Prove it otherwise your just poisining people with your nonsense who actually could enjoy kotoro.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

#8. Battlegrounds - I hope you're ready for the epic 8v8 battle on the same 5 zones over and over and over again. Why people like this trash is beyond me (other than PvErs). My only break of fresh air is due to the promise of World PvP. However, we know nothing of the rule set. 8v8? How is that Massive Multiplayer? I can get bigger battles in Call of Duty or Quake Live.

Don't like this one. Would love to see RvR combat, but not optimistic.

• gurugeorgegurugeorge Member UncommonPosts: 481

Originally posted by Ryukan

If this game gives me good ole MMO gameplay with group and solo stuff plus KOTOR/Dragon Age/Mass Effect style cinematic storytelling plus some kind of space stuff (hopefully to expand further down the road in the game) plus the Star Wars theme and game world to play in I will be a happy camper.

The Force is strong with this one ;)