Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major Announcment Wednesday

13»

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Originally posted by jpnole

It's clearly ME3. This thread should be relocated to general gaming. Video has nothing to do with SWTOR.

This thread isn't about that video.

I'm really not sure whether this is ME3, the grey scenery doesn't fit, the armor doesn't look like anything ME and out of the window it looks like he is watching some sort of modern, destroyed city or building.

Could be a spinoff, but I'm quite sure it isn't ME3.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Robsolf

LOL!  SWEET!

I hear they're also gonna require you to press and hold 1-h-m-&-) then the num-lock 7 key to fire your blaster.

Wow, I don't think I can manage to do that without a special keyboard.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

I think this is that project they code named "Revolver" They have been working on for as long as they have SWTOR, but out of Edmonton.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

If it's not about TOR I really don't care.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by sungodra

If it's not about TOR I really don't care.

WE THE FORUM tell you what you should care about! lol just kidding. Yea, I think this was the big announcement and it has nothing to do with this game. This thread should be locked or moved.

"

BioWare will announce a brand-new game during the Spike TV VGAs next month, and judging by a single teaser image released today, it looks like it won't be Mass Effect 3 -- which appears to suggest they have a fourth franchise brewing, outside of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As you can see in the image above, it shows what appears to be a soldier taking aim out of a broken window with a gun that sure doesn't look like anything you'd find in the futuristic Mass Effect series, suggesting this will be a wholly different beast. You can also see what is essentially a brief commercial on Spike TV's website that also teases BioWare's "next big game" announcement, but it really doesn't show much more than the image above.

So what could this game be? The aesthetic -- and that gun -- suggests perhaps some kind of modern-day shooter, but frankly, it's impossible to say what this could be if we're going on that image alone. We'll all find out together when Spike TV's VGAs air on December 11."

There Is Always Hope!

SWG Bloodfin vet

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

So.......um....lemme just make sure I got this all straight...

We were told there would be a MAJOR announcement today, which amounted to nothing more than an announcement that they'd announce something real later??? WTF!!!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Check out these two screen shots:

http://i53.tinypic.com/333bm82.jpg

and

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s166o1.png

People are saying that Bioware is working on something with Obsidian on a mass effect spin off ? (they have a history with each other, BioWare's best games were co-developed with Obsidian/Black Isle (Or well, part of their staff at least). )

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9csGJyN8g

look right at end of video and slow it down where it says "look closer" and that is where the screen cap is from! (right on 21 seconds)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Check out these two screen shots:

http://i53.tinypic.com/333bm82.jpg

and

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s166o1.png

People are saying that Bioware is working on something with Obsidian on a mass effect spin off ? (they have a history with each other, BioWare's best games were co-developed with Obsidian/Black Isle (Or well, part of their staff at least). )

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q9csGJyN8g

look right at end of video and slow it down where it says "look closer" and that is where the screen cap is from! (right on 21 seconds)

I laughed when someone posted a comment saying "OMG, I want it and I don't know what it is". LOL, that was funny! :-0

There Is Always Hope!

hmmmmm I wonder

Number 2?

SWG Bloodfin vet

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    The dude was holding an incisor sniper rifle from me2, so this is either mass effect related, or borrows heavily from mass effect...

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by TUX426

We were told there would be a MAJOR announcement today, which amounted to nothing more than an announcement that they'd announce something real later??? WTF!!!

Yeah, kinda lame. :(

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• link35link35 Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by TUX426

Yeah, kinda lame. :(

Actually, EAgamer is the one that said in his twitter

geoffkeighley VGA rumors...We'll share two world premiere announcements on Wednesday with many more to come.

Bioware never said they were making a major announcement today, EAgamer didn't even say that, people just got overly exited all on their own yet again =/ when will they learn?

Bioware is pretty evil when it comes to announcements though, they always make me suffer image

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by keithianw

I laughed when someone posted a comment saying "OMG, I want it and I don't know what it is". LOL, that was funny! :-0

Was his user name Cyphers?      (kidding!!!)

I'm sorry, but I find this hysterical.

Is there anyone besides Bungie and Bioware that could have that much attention on them that we'd fall for a "major announcement" about an add they'll play about a video game they haven't mentioned yet, during a TV show about video games?