Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To hell with it...

I'm reinstalling and resubscribing to this game.

I'm tired of playing LoL, Civ 5, and waiting around for a big MMO.

I've only played Vanguard for a short time in the past, but I do remember it as one of the more refreshing games i've ever played. I've been looking for a solid game in which I can have some good old fashioned MMO fun and this looks like the place. The lore is good, the music is good, the graphics are good, the crafting is good, the etc. is good... it's just an overall good game.

If there are any current Vanguard players out there that have any tips or that could give me a quick rundown of the changes and current state of the game (as a current player), I would appreciate it.

I might have some class questions later, but I need to go look over those again.

So yeah, general questions.

Most played and least played classes?

Most played and least played races?

Most desired and least desired classes?

Which server would you recommend?

Anyone have a nice guild on either server?

If not that, anyone play regularly with a premade group that could use another member?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Every question you asked had been answered in the new fresh post below this. But here are some anyway :

- Only two servers :  Telon = America     Halgar = EU

- Classes and races I guess you can use this chart : http://vanguard.gamepressure.com/vanguard_classes.asp

- Everyone starts on the Trial Island, regardless of  race.  Best tutorial, armor, weapons

- Guilds, well I've pounded this topic into the ground in several post, but my opinion is that all Guilds seem to lack noobs, so I use the search tool to find people to play with. My friend is not on too often, so I find that the search tool is the best way to go.

Only a few examples.  Again my opinion :

1) Tanks are needed bad, almost none are ever on line. ( they can't solo very well at lower levels, some say they get better later )

2) Healers, Well tons of healers, in fact as many as casters, and DPS ( they can solo well )

3) DPS and casters are all good and can solo very well, HOWEVER Vanguard is best played DUO

Shaman- My best. At level 15 you get to pick one of three pets. Bear=tank   Bird=caster  Wolf=DPS

Psionicist- Strange class, used for crowed control, it has many abilities to stun multi targets, very hard to play

Monk- My friends best, very strong dps

Paladin- tank, seems to be the most popular of tanks, My friend seems to think its OK

Dread knight-tank, played it to level 6, I found I could not solo at all, but did not give it much of a chance.

Rogue- My friend liked it, however I had a hard time playing with him as a duo, because I had to wait for him to start a fight for his abilities to be effective.

Disciple- Kind of like a monk that can heal, and dps. A little hard to play because you have to use combinations of abilities to execute a crit,

Druid- I don't know much, but my friend's girlfriend likes this class a lot

• ArnuphisArnuphis Member Posts: 103

I re-subbed and started a necro. I did log in with my 33 cleric but it's been so long since I played I was lost! 

I play very causally, maybe once/twice a week and I finally got of the island after working all spheres up as high as I can go.

Hope you will enjoy Vanguard. I do with a tang of bittersweetness. The game makes me feel elated and sad at the same time. The elation comes from playing a deep and interesting MMO that actually feels like a step forward from the good old school titles like EQ. It's not a slot machine like WoW and the games that try to copy WoW. It really rewards patience and perseverance.

The sadness is the realization that the game will never be what it could have been and that we may never see the like of it again in future MMOs.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by Ebonheart

I'm reinstalling and resubscribing to this game.

I'm tired of playing LoL, Civ 5, and waiting around for a big MMO.

I've only played Vanguard for a short time in the past, but I do remember it as one of the more refreshing games i've ever played. I've been looking for a solid game in which I can have some good old fashioned MMO fun and this looks like the place. The lore is good, the music is good, the graphics are good, the crafting is good, the etc. is good... it's just an overall good game.

If there are any current Vanguard players out there that have any tips or that could give me a quick rundown of the changes and current state of the game (as a current player), I would appreciate it.

I might have some class questions later, but I need to go look over those again.

If not that, anyone play regularly with a premade group that could use another member?

I think there's a premadee group right on this forum. The thread should be in sight when perusing the threads.

I think they merged the serves down so that's not a worry.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DrvEZDrvEZ Member Posts: 2
    Actually, you don't have to start on the isle of dawn (starter isle)
    You have a choice when you make your charecter to choose starting town

I suggest doing isle at least once, but nothing beats the experience of the
    Starter cities quests and diplomacy lines,

And welcome to VG
  • BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443
    Welcome back friend! I just did the same thing to join up with the premade group but they only meet on Tuesday nights and that's my class night so I've been hard pressed to meet up with them. If you want someone to duo with I'm totally down man! Hit me with a pm and we can link up. I'm dying to find people to group up with who play as casual as I do.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by DrvEZ

Actually, you don't have to start on the isle of dawn (starter isle) You have a choice when you make your charecter to choose starting town I suggest doing isle at least once, but nothing beats the experience of the Starter cities quests and diplomacy lines, And welcome to VG

Well, the quality of the normal starter cities varies enormously with race.

Also, none of them is compareable in quality to the Isle of Dawn.

Especially not in respect to the items you can get on IoD, also for diplomacy and crafting, and you'll be hard pressed to find a compareable good spot to train Tier 1 harvesting in the game itself, too.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Originally posted by Ebonheart

Most played classes are basically all the DPS and healer classes. Least would be the tanks.

It really just depends on what racial ability you want, I would say orcs, goblins, vulmane, and dark elves are the most played because of their HP abilities.

Basically tanks are more desireable, least would be dps classes there are way too many that plays them to fill in the gap. Any dps class is good.

Telon

When I came back I joined with the After Hours guild a newly formed guild a while back. There were as many as 30+ people playing. Now I dont know because I havent played for a while.