Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolute Garbage

VodineVodine Member Posts: 4

Before anyone gets all excited and starts flaming, I'm not talking about the game.  I haven't even played the game.

I registered earlier today and a few hours later started to download the game.  The download was going extremely slowly (like 57kb/sec, just absurdly slowly) so I went to the forum to see if others had this problem or if it was on my end.   Nope, other people have this problem, in fact it seems common.  I've never had a game download that slowly, and I've tried a lot of them.  So I was going to reply to a thread on the RoM forum,  but I couldn't log in.  I kept getting the "wrong username or password" message.  I went to the main site and clicked on the "account management" link and used the exact same info as I was using to log in to the forum and I was able to log in with no problem, so I wasn't actually using the wrong username or password.

Looking through the forum it looks like Frogster doesn't pay any attention at all to its customers and I just got done playing a game from a company that completely ignored its customers.

RoM looks like a really fun game and I genuinely wanted to  try it, but I'm not going to spend 11-12 hours downloading (seriously, people on the forum said they let it run overnight and it was still downloading in the morning) a game that the company doesn't seem to support (been there, done that) and where even the registration process seems to be broken.

If we continue to accept this garbage, just because a game is "free," then nothing in the F2P market will change.  It's just a shame that the worst companies seem to get some of the best games.

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

is it possible that the game account and forum account are different?  You might have to register on the forum separately. 

I also found the download slow though and by the time it was done my interest in trying it out had passed and I just deleted it.  Too bad. . it sounded okay.   It is a bad idea on their part.  There are a lot of games out there.  Someone might see your ad and click it out of weakness. . but are they going to still be thinking about it 24 hours later?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

The better the game the bigger d-bags they can be. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

when Runes of Magic first came out I had the slow download issue, lots of GB and ridiculously slow speed as you said. Then after some updates to the client it just go blazing fast now i get 1M+/s speed now every time i have to download it. I never had problem login in on the forums.

I really like Runes of Magic but i really dont like that there are no factions to do faction pvp or go raid some city and stuff... because of that, i get bored of RoM really quick, tho i still play it coz its somewhat fun in other aspects

• LorishaLorisha Member UncommonPosts: 21

Just download the slim client from the EU side http://www.runesofmagic.com/en/index.html it doesn't matter which version you download from the clients are the same you just change the region settings in your setup to play the US version of the game.  The slim client is only 3.5 GB.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

The "full client" for the "western version" is kind of insane though.

Around 7.5 gigs that is downloaded in some quasi "torrent like' service that flucuates speed insanely.  6++ hours later you can install it (2.4mbps lol, crazy right...?) .

Once you run it the client starts a "download and update, download and update, download and upate" cycle that last another hour or two.

Once you get it running and start playing it you realize, the game looks "average at best" on high settings and start wondering what the hell is going on.

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

It took me about a total of 12 hours to download the game install the game and install all the updates the game itself took around 6+ but this was also in the middle of a huge storm but i was still getting up to around 380kb/s. Also to shorten the download time they now have a version meant for laptop and netbook use that is about half the size of the normal game the only complaints i have heard about it are that spells do not look as good and some add-ons do not work but its worth a shot if your having download problems.

Also there are 2 different accounts ones for the actual game and you have a seperate for the website for example my game login is just my website login with a 1 on the end.

Also for the whole faction pvp raid part the big thing in RoM is the cross server Guild siege just join a guild that is really into it my guild is ranked like 7th and we seem to do one every night.

• FntSize72LOLFntSize72LOL Member Posts: 45

The PvP servers in RoM are quite terrible. I played it for a while, and it was so far behind progression wise to the PvE servers it was pretty much stuck for a while. I am not sure how far along it is now, i'll assume that its probably caught up to PvE as the current content has been out of some months. As for Guild Siege, it was pretty fun when it first came out, but it is pretty bad. You have so many glitches and exploits that you encounter in siege (Death-Capping, Lag hopping, Gltiching through the gates/Walls, Treachery Locking, etc.) Not to mention the 30 minute lag of death that happens every siege. Also the fact they haven't brought it out of beta since its release tells you that they care little to do much about fixing it. Thats basically all i have to say about it.

• HaurusHaurus Member UncommonPosts: 18

intresting, both on my old comp and new one it took me less than 45min each time to dl the game, and im using a wireless b connection.