Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New patch tonight

maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

The new patch deleted all the mobs from the server.  It has been like this for 4 hours now.  I guess they did it to get rid of lag or something.  It is fun....... not!

Comments

• jkun666jkun666 Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by maharet

The new patch deleted all the mobs from the server.  It has been like this for 4 hours now.  I guess they did it to get rid of lag or something.  It is fun....... not!

Nonsense. I just killed a pig.

Jumped onto the official forums and no post to be seen which states what you said is true.

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

LOL ok let me fix what I said.   Because I am in game.  There is weasels, pigs, and rabbits.  And thats it.  If you would like I can post some links from the IRC and forums to back it up.

default No Animals?

Has anyone noticed that there's absolutely no animals at all in the game right now? I went to a bear spawn..nothing, wisent spawn....nothing, pig spawn nothing...

The world is completely barren or I'm in a permanent desync

Hawks282 is offline Report Post

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 21:02

Infractions: 1/0 (0)

Lol yeah just noticed this too when I went to go hunt for shore prowers I guess that trip is canceled.

xrabidx is offline Report Post

Old Today, 21:30

I'm killing rabbits and weasels outside Fab at the moment. I remember there being a few boars around the area too back in open beta. Don't know whether they have been moved or what since.

Acidan is offline Report Post

Old Today, 22:36

I know why. My guild mates and I were going to Kranesh for some PVP when one of them suddenly died after crossing a node line. We talked to GM and it seems that there is a bug in that region that instant kills red players, with stat loss and that died in a battle without log out, as soon as they cross this nodes. After reporting it they reboot the server and the mobs have gone on some areas.

Probably they are trying to fix this bug so thats why mobs are removed.

aramsm is offline Report Post

Unread Today, 23:21

Infractions: 1/1 (1)

Several spawners had been broken in an early server change that day.

23:31xepharesAre there any mobs anywhere?

23:31Hadronnmaybe a little, but without int you are vulnerable to thieves

23:31MagreeThey're down atm xeph

Originally posted by jkun666

Nonsense. I just killed a pig.

Jumped onto the official forums and no post to be seen which states what you said is true.

Happy now mate?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I'm so glad I didn't buy this game... oh wait... I did :(

Never paid a sub for it though :)

• DeienDeien Member Posts: 121

How dumb can people be to still play a game like this after a patch that took out most mobs be. Go play Darkfall at least they wont put in a patch that bad in. Stop letting them rob you of your 15 dollars a month, and let the game die like it should.

Originally posted by Deien

How dumb can people be to still play a game like this after a patch that took out most mobs be. Go play Darkfall at least they wont put in a patch that bad in. Stop letting them rob you of your 15 dollars a month, and let the game die like it should.

Yeah, let's all go play Darkfall which is just as theme park as WoW.... yeh no.

If you dislike MO so much why are you on these forums and not DF?

Silly people.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Silly people.

Maybe hes here to warn people of this bug ridden abysmal game?

btw have they released the "alpha" patch or w/e yet? Suppose to fix a lot of the bugs and problems i thought but i really don't hear much about it.. or MO at all for that matter.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Silly people.

Maybe hes here to warn people of this bug ridden abysmal game?

btw have they released the "alpha" patch or w/e yet? Suppose to fix a lot of the bugs and problems i thought but i really don't hear much about it.. or MO at all for that matter.

Oh? so people are supposed to continuesly post on forums to warn people about bad games?

Guess I am going to be here for the next couple of weeks. There's quite a lot of forums I need to get through.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

We play MO because it's a really fun game to play. We at least spend time on something we like and are interested in. MO is imo the best MMO on the market even thou it got some bugs. 

[Mod Edit]

Originally posted by Diekfoo

We play MO because it's a really fun game to play. We at least spend time on something we like and are interested in. MO is imo the best MMO on the market even thou it got some bugs. 

[Mod Edit]

Yeah removing most of the mobs in a game is "some bugs" and is ok to do.  And this website is for people to give warnings about games so people know that maybe you shouldn't play MO if you want a polished game that is not a paid beta.

You say thats dumb, but isn't it much more dumb to spend time in a forum for a game you don't like and don't believe in!? I think that is plain stupid and not a normal activity. ;)

Yeah removing most of the mobs in a game is "some bugs" and is ok to do.  And this website is for people to give warnings about games so people know that maybe you shouldn't play MO if you want a polished game that is not a paid beta.

[Mod Edit] 

Oh and just so you know people play MMO's for fun, not because they're polished. There are only a handful of polished MMO's these days and they've had years to develop and increase in popularity. Comparison between those games and MO is just pointless at this stage, as MO is in it's infancy.

If I wanted a super polished arcade MMO I would play WoW.

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131

You say thats dumb, but isn't it much more dumb to spend time in a forum for a game you don't like and don't believe in!? I think that is plain stupid and not a normal activity. ;)

This website is for discussing MMORPG's in a civil manner. It's not for people like yourself to come on and continuesly complain and whinge about everything MO related. If you honestly want to "warn" people, you should make a thread explaining why you dislike it. 

Oh and just so you know people play MMO's for fun, not because they're polished. There are only a handful of polished MMO's these days and they've had years to develop and increase in popularity. Comparison between those games and MO is just pointless at this stage, as MO is in it's infancy.

THats a good one i would go , that those who say good things about MO are those whos first MMO they played is MO .

So its natural the first mmo we play will  be the best we played in our life and iwe will defend it no matter what and also compare other games to it .

But still people dont compare MO to other games if u didnt played them becouse its just silly

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by knapu

This website is for discussing MMORPG's in a civil manner. It's not for people like yourself to come on and continuesly complain and whinge about everything MO related. If you honestly want to "warn" people, you should make a thread explaining why you dislike it. 

THats a good one i would go , that those who say good things about MO are those whos first MMO they played is MO .

So its natural the first mmo we play will  be the best we played in our life and iwe will defend it no matter what and also compare other games to it .

But still people dont compare MO to other games if u didnt played them becouse its just silly

lol, many MO players have played MMOs for many years. I love MO and I have played MMOs for +10 years, since Everquest1. MO is more old school than the other games on the market. 

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

As much I don't like how SV handles the patching, it will get fixed the next day or a day after.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Oh? so people are supposed to continuesly post on forums to warn people about bad games?

Guess I am going to be here for the next couple of weeks. There's quite a lot of forums I need to get through.

No. They are supposed to comb through multiple fora (and wikipedia) so that they can identify any negative news in rapid response fashion. Honestly, if / when a game I don't like has a problem of this type I don't know about it unless it becomes a headline here, on Massively, Broken Toys or some other blog. (Certainly not within 4 hours)

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by knapu

I like MO but there are 2 somewhat negative things that I will agree to.

1) It is relatively obscure / low population.

2) The introduction / newbie experience is very poor. It clearly could use some type of tutorial.

Correlaries from those:

1) Someone who does not already play MMOs has virtually no chance of finding the game

2) Someone who doesn't already have some familiarity with MMOs will be completely lost when they start playing and most likely quit in frustration.

I'm fairly sure the number of people with MO as their first MMO is a small portion of the people playing MO

[Mod Edit]

How am I not discussing MO in a civil matter.  All I did was say that SV in their sublime wisdom turned off the node that spawns most of the animals in game.  And because they have stellar QA they went home before checking to see if the game was ok, and left most of the animals in game out of the game until they got to work the next day.  

Seriously get a reality check.  

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Lets keep the discussion civil and on topic. The baiting at the end of user's posts are unnecessary. I've cleaned it up so far, if it continues I will lock the thread.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

nobody is making you play MO, there is truth in what your saying. Thyat MO is bug ridden and certainly not polished even though at times the game looks better than 90% of MMOs graphically. But it is an aquired taste and only darkfall, uo and eve offer anything similar. If those games arent for you then MO will certainly not be for you. Out of all those games mo is certainly the buggiest but it is imo the only one i want to play right now.

eve is great but for me the skill system rewards long play but does not reward those who actually logon and play the game sicne training is done offline. The ocmbat is also dull and enviroments whilst beautiful at first you release they are just small zones between areas with little else happening in deepspace.

UO is imo the best mmo evermade until it went past TSA expansion and then went completely downhill. The grpahics thoguh are dated and i have had my fill of the game for now.

Darkfall is really buggy to, extremely ugly and supposrts mass battles but with no skill cap means players who play constantly will always have an advantage over newer players and in a full loot pvp game thats bad. Darkfall is more a pvp MMO than MO is. even though currently Darkfall (been released a year longer) has more features it feels less sandbox and more team dm.

all the other mmos are pretty much copies of each other which hardly push the envelope at all. Gerneally taking the formula perfected by WOW and simply giving it a different look with a few basic changes and trying to sell it as something new. EQ2, SWG, AO, AOC were all disapointments for me.

the only 2 future MMOs im excited about are archeage and infintiy because both plan to push what an mmo is and bring genuine new ideas to the mmo market just like MO is trying to do.

some people fear change and thats why they try to put MO down and even make stuff up to discredit it because it is so different to the MMOs they are used to. Granted when the devs mess something up everyone gets to know about it. But when something good happens with MO plenty of people here try to put the game down instead of realising MO is doing something new.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

while there is certainly some MO bashing, most of the more constructive criticism I've seen has been levelled at SV themselves and the way they go about developing the game rather than the game itself. Having a great idea does nobody any good if you implement it is a cack-handed way.

As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I along with many others see MO as one of those flagstones.