Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeff_L adds Concussions to Star Sonata and players flee the stuipidity

ThummperThummper Member Posts: 4

Jeff_L, owner and head programmer of Star Sonata, has added a new "feature" into the game that is driving players away.

Somehow Jeff got the idea that there are concussions in space when an AI ship is destroyed. Had it implemented, very nicely if I might add, and ruinded the game for a large portion of the player base. The effect is extreamely annoying and totally unrealistic. The effect pushes the player(s) ship(s) away from any AI explosion at up to 2X the max speed of the ship they are flying. Even the littlest ships exploding around you shoves you about like they were super novas. Ships in space battles are so far apart that one exploding and loosing a little atmosphere into surrounding space just isn't going to do anything to the ship(s) fighting it.

To mitigaste the stupid effect Jeff has added in new items. Just a waste of game money and ship space, to partially remove an effect that should never have been programmed into the game in the first place.

I strongly suggest staying away from Star Sonata until this "feature" is totally removed.

On the other hand if you don't mind being pushed around in an insane fashion, love to swear at you monitor, don't mind pulling your hair out while playing a game, then give Star Sonata a try.

Comments

• VoomyVoomy Member Posts: 8

It's actually kind of sad to see you resort to lies like this in a attempt to hurt the game because of a feature you dislike. You claim to be 68 years old, yet you act like you're 10. You expect a spacegame to be fully realistic and yet you are ok with being able to fly from Earth to Mars in 1 seccond, ship stasis, shield recovering beams, dark suns, space rats and so many other things that they cant even be listed.

The explosions give you a small push, if you actually just thrust a little you will move maybe a cm or two on the screen, IF it's a really big enemy. You actually claim that spaceships in real life will not effect other spaceships close by if it explodes....How many real life spaceship explosions have you actually seen and studied? And how many of those spaceships where from the future and using advanced alien energy energy sources?

And driving players away? The only player that has been driven away so far is you and you alone.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice

• ThummperThummper Member Posts: 4

[quote]
    Originally posted by Voomy
    It's actually kind of sad to see you resort to lies like this in a attempt to hurt the game because of a feature you dislike.

What lies? Facts are in the forums or don't you read them?

[quote]
    The explosions give you a small push

What "small push"? If you pushed me like that I'd have you up on ASSUALT charges! That is IF I survived the shove.

How many real life spaceship explosions have you actually seen and studied?

Just ONE... Apollo 13! They only needed a minor course correction to put them back on target for Lunar Orbit and return to Earth.
    If their explosion had been 1/1000 as strong as your "small push" they'd have been headed into the sun or off to visit Jupiter.

As for advanced tech or alien power sourced blowing...
    First they wouldn't blow every time.
    Second they'd spew out radiation if they blew, which your normal shielding would absorb.

And driving players away? The only player that has been driven away so far is you and you alone.

Not true and you know it! The forums speak for themselves.

As for you Voomy, you are a thief! You allowed Star Sonata, thru an interface flaw, to steal items from me and failed to return them. And even went so far as to lie about it saying I was the only one that had lost items to that flaw.

• VoomyVoomy Member Posts: 8

And Apollo 13 was a spaceship from the future that used a advanced alien energy source? You are trying to claim that something that doesnt even exist is unrealistic....Which doesnt make any sense at all. It's a space mmorpg....Everything about it is unrealistic, just like all other games.

Im not aware of any other player who has quit because of the explosive concussions. The forum cleary showes that the majority of the players are totally ok with it, the reaction you have gotten to your posts on the SS forum also cleary shows that no one agrees with you.

And now more lies....It's perfectly clear that you're just a kid who is angry at the game as is trying to make it look bad. Im fully convinced that people will see through you though.

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Hey Voomy you forgot to change the font back to normal after your were replying as Thummper.

Just a pro tip.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by Thummper

The effect pushes the player(s) ship(s) away from any AI explosion at up to 2X the max speed of the ship they are flying. Even the littlest ships exploding around you shoves you about like they were super novas. Ships in space battles are so far apart that one exploding and loosing a little atmosphere into surrounding space just isn't going to do anything to the ship(s) fighting it.

Just because a ship is small doesn't mean it doesn't have a powerful energy output on explosion.  Who knows what kind of particles or energy waves an explosion onboard a futuristic ship may create. 

Being a sci fi fan I don't necessarily claim to know all there is to know about what may be discovered about space physics in the future. 

Sounds like a pretty cool addition to me actually.  Never heard of Star Sonata before but I may look it up now thanks. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

Everything about it is unrealistic, just like all other games.

Except other game designers are not adding things into their games that ANNOY the HELL out of their players!

Im not aware of any other player who has quit because of the explosive concussions.

Its all there for you to read IF you want the facts and not your fantasies.

The forum cleary showes that the majority of the players are totally ok with it

Again NOT true and you know it! 50% of respondents to polls on the stupid effect wanted it removed from the game.

the reaction you have gotten to your posts on the SS forum also cleary shows that no one agrees with you.

What? Two players who only know how to say STFU? Oh and the SS Admin staff who are supporting this moronic effect because Jeff or one of the really boneheaded programmers read some really bad SciFi.

And now more lies...

No lies from me Voomy... just you!

• Guest99Guest99 Member Posts: 8

Seeing you here Thummper is embarrassing, and I agree with Voomy wholeheartedly on everything Voomy has said.

Honestly, you are the only person who has made this large a fuss about this feature, and there were more than two people. The staff even pandered to your outbursts and added items to help negate the feature at a reasonable expense, and I thank you for that, I use those items, and I am happy with them.

You should at least be happy with that accomplishment, but no, instead you have to spread lies and communist propaganda, this is just pathetic. Honestly, in how many other games do you see the developers adding several new items just to appease what was it... You and about five other people, a signficant minority? At least the developers have acted cordial in their approach.

Originally posted by Guest99

You should at least be happy with that accomplishment, but no, instead you have to spread lies and communist propaganda

Trying to hide your identity when slandering someone? Nice! Says a lot about your character.

Well, well, who do we have here? If it isn't the brain dead code monkey that talked JeffL into dropping the crap into the game I'll eat my hat. Just because you read some BS SciFi doesn't mean you should have inserted an effect from it into the game.

You scientific morons really screwed the pooch!

Just think... who in HELL would ever pilot or crew a ship that had a 100% chance of blowing up when shot? And as for the effect... I sure as hell wasn't the only one trying to talk sense into JeffL, I was just the most vocal. And when I didn't stop insisting that the effect be removed YOU started threating me and then Voomy threatened me. I could see that your Nazi tactics would only get my posts erased so I posted where you had NO control over them.