Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tindrem Opens for PVP event!!

username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

<HenrikNystrom> I see that there are a few people within our community that made a very good job on holding an very interesting pvp event for anyone to participate in.

<HenrikNystrom> When I saw how much hard work there was in planning it and the work being done behind it, and the numbers increasing of players signing up for the ingame events

<HenrikNystrom> I just want to thank those people who made this for the community

<HenrikNystrom> So I both want to thank Raific, Drakkanrider, Benevolence and Lti for doing this, and I decided to support the event the way we can now without it stealing to much of our planned work

<HenrikNystrom> But I sat down today with Erik and looked over our arena in Tindrem, it was an old feeling going back to that arena since our combat beta days.

<HenrikNystrom> We have made a solution to opend up the arena for this event, so if things goes as planned the arena will be open for use, with its own node for full performance for any event

<HenrikNystrom> The plan is to open the arena this Monday

<HenrikNystrom> That is, if things goes smooth for it. It looks like it for now. Some details left to solve which is, making everyone in the arena grey for each others so blue players can fight as well that dont want murder counts for it

<HenrikNystrom> We also have 4 basement corners to support 4 ways fights, so that could be interesting, but that depends on how you orginize the fighting events

HenrikNystrom> Oh, and the arena look damn good  should be a fun event, im looking forward to watch it, from my throne in the arena of cours  luckely we do have the thumbs up or down emote in 

<HenrikNystrom> Ok, thats it for me.

<HenrikNystrom> Thank you all

This was taken from the HOC today..

I looks like a part of Tindrem is going to be open to the public and that arena PVP matches will be implemented in game.  This should be awesome.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The design of the arena sounds a little more involved than just an open space in which to do battle.

Should be very interesting to see and participate in!

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Cool, an arena..

• AjmagsAjmags Member UncommonPosts: 63

Be carefull you dont drown in the arena.

Whats up with the arena / boxing ring in Fabernum ? Why dont they open that thing up ?

Why ? because its much better to drag 100 players into a non tested area and fuck the whole thing up than to do it right.

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

I tried that during the combat beta. Pretty cool arena.

Btw, it's just the Arena that can be open by a GM for an event (not Tindrem). 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The arena will be open today, and with be open for the NGF this Satuday, according to a message from SV:

Tindrem Arena opening for Test Fights and NGF Tournament

The arena in Tindrem will open for the public tomorrow November 23rd. Players can engange in brutal gladiator battles and prepare for the first community gladiator event, organised and run by the NGF (Nave Gladiator Federation) which will be held at Midnight (GMT+1) on November 27th. The exact opening time will be announced on the forums tomorrow.

The arena has a specific rule set in place, flagging blue players gray automatically once they enter. Red flagged players will still keep their flag but the special priest in the arena will resurrect them without statloss.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55960-mortal-online-news-november-22nd-2010-a.html#post1060300

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

I'm happy to see this thread showing MO moving in a positive direction. I hope the Tindrem arena works out well. This can be a huge boost for this game and for the morale of the community. I will look forward to reading more about it.

I might use my 7-days and come take a look (if it's safe for my noob to get there) ;)

• xlite11xlite11 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by xBludx

I'm happy to see this thread showing MO moving in a positive direction. I hope the Tindrem arena works out well. This can be a huge boost for this game and for the morale of the community. I will look forward to reading more about it.

I might use my 7-days and come take a look (if it's safe for my noob to get there) ;)

you do know that the arena has failed right?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56000-arena-gone-wrong.html

• jimbo775jimbo775 Member Posts: 30

It's funny how every single thread in MO forums ends up in a flame war.

Mortal Online is like a prostitute that tells you she loves you so she can get more money out of your horny pocket.

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Originally posted by xlite11

you do know that the arena has failed right?

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/56000-arena-gone-wrong.html

Seems like not everyone is satisfied.

But MO is a great experiment. I do hope this game survives. I want to see how it develops and I enjoy following it in the forums here and the official forums.

What I specifically want to see is whether the RP crowd stays or not (have they already been driven out by the PKers?). If the RP crowd can stay along with their crafters and other support characters, then this game has a chance of developing into a real world. However, if it devolves into bloodthirsty chaos, it will only become a poor man's Darkfall.

And *chaos* will be the outcome rather than *freedom* if it is only the reds who are left in this world of Nave. And after chaos, the future survival of this game will be in doubt. The sandbox may never be realized.

For those reasons, I hope MO can pull itself together and get through this first year.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

What I specifically want to see is whether the RP crowd stays or not (have they already been driven out by the PKers?). If the RP crowd can stay along with their crafters and other support characters, then this game has a chance of developing into a real world.

Most of the RP crowd has been driven away, but it wasnt by the PKers.   Its poorly executed/implemented ideas like the "Arena" ,the one stop gank shop.  The whole "Arena" idea escapes me in a FFA pvp game.  What did SV think/hope was going to happen there?

I win!!! LOL@U

• QunitillianQunitillian Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by HanoverZ

What I specifically want to see is whether the RP crowd stays or not (have they already been driven out by the PKers?). If the RP crowd can stay along with their crafters and other support characters, then this game has a chance of developing into a real world.

Most of the RP crowd has been driven away, but it wasnt by the PKers.   Its poorly executed/implemented ideas like the "Arena" ,the one stop gank shop.  The whole "Arena" idea escapes me in a FFA pvp game.  What did SV think/hope was going to happen there?

Aye. I include myself in the RP crowd. Indeed, it was RP and player driven lore and content that was, in essence, the only content by way of lore and depth in mortal online. I had a great time RPing with Weesex and challenging their attempt at ideological dominance with their religion :). Alas, most of Wessex don't play any more...same with most of the RPers. I can only speak for myself here and say that it was not the PVP that drove me away but rather the lack of lore and content. SV, Henrik in particular, would always say 'we have a done of lore but it is all in Swedish'. Personally I think that was bull shit as it does not take 3+ years to get it translated.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by Qunitillian

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Aye. I include myself in the RP crowd. Indeed, it was RP and player driven lore and content that was, in essence, the only content by way of lore and depth in mortal online. I had a great time RPing with Weesex and challenging their attempt at ideological dominance with their religion :). Alas, most of Wessex don't play any more...same with most of the RPers. I can only speak for myself here and say that it was not the PVP that drove me away but rather the lack of lore and content. SV, Henrik in particular, would always say 'we have a done of lore but it is all in Swedish'. Personally I think that was bull shit as it does not take 3+ years to get it translated.

Yeah, the "Everything is in swedish and only needs to be translated" was a blatant lie, but it was so funny.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Holy misleading subject line batman!  I got all excited. 

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Been watching for the first 40 minutes or so...

Thus far there has been one match... it ended in a decap and they couldn't find the head due to desync it was showing in different locations. The Lead GM Discord got dropped from the server and hasn't come back and one of the fighters is stuck under the ground and can't get out.  

You really can't make this stuff up... 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Been watching for the first 40 minutes or so...

Thus far there has been one match... it ended in a decap and they couldn't find the head due to desync it was showing in different locations. The Lead GM Discord got dropped from the server and hasn't come back and one of the fighters is stuck under the ground and can't get out.  

You really can't make this stuff up... 

Just so people know, ragdolls including severed heads are not affected by desync. Infact they are not tracked by the server at all. The reason ragdolls are 99% of the time never tracked by a server in an online game is becasue each bone and joint to that ragdoll would need to be tracked by the server to avoid desync and wierd stuff happening. Thats why in MO ragdolls appear in different locations on everyones pc, thats why in hl2 dm they appear in different locations and ut3 and (put whatever onlnie game with ragdolls you like here) basically the only game i can recall that actually tracked ragdolls over a network was the hidden mod for hl2. This is hy currently MO uses lootbags because they are eaisly tracked by a server, just like the non ragdolled corpses of Darkfall.

the rest of the stuff mgiht have happened i have no idea since i wasnt there. But just so people know why ragdolls never seem to be in the same place in multiplayer games on more than one pc. Which you probably already knew.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.