Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second Candle Burning Down

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

It looks like the second candle (the one with parchment and quill pen) on the entry screen of MO's official web site has almost completely burned down.

http://www.mortalonline.com/

No one's sure exactly what it means yet, but there's speculation that it might indicate the implementation of basic "quests" or tasks to help guide new players.

Perhaps more will come from the HoC chat today.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

Why was my post deleted?

How was what I said derailing the thread??

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Originally posted by maharet

Why was my post deleted?

How was what I said derailing the thread??

Moderator actions aren't discussed via forums. You may contact our community manager, Mike, at [email protected] if you have a concern. :)

Fortune favours the bold.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by Rohn

It looks like the second candle (the one with parchment and quill pen) on the entry screen of MO's official web site has almost completely burned down.

No one's sure exactly what it means yet, but there's speculation that it might indicate the implementation of basic "quests" or tasks to help guide new players.

I'm guess it has to do with lore, but not just game lore I believe players will be able to create there own lore like in UO.  Remember it's not just a picture of a parchment, there's also a quill pen.

Either way further awesomeness will ensue.....

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by username509

I'm guess it has to do with lore, but not just game lore I believe players will be able to create there own lore like in UO.  Remember it's not just a picture of a parchment, there's also a quill pen.

Either way further awesomeness will ensue.....

I do hope they implement the ability of players to write things in-game at some point - that would be great.  But, I haven't heard that that has been something they were working on in the near-term.

Perhaps it could be something like the implementation of a bulletin board type system where people can post ads for goods and services.

I guess it could be a lot of things.

In any event, no matter what it means, I do think it indicates that a content patch is incoming soon.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365
    In any event, no matter what it means, I do think it indicates that a content patch is incoming soon.

So you don't know what it means, but you do know what it means? *is confused*

What did the first candle burning out mean? Anything at all?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by Betel

Originally posted by Rohn In any event, no matter what it means, I do think it indicates that a content patch is incoming soon.

So you don't know what it means, but you do know what it means? *is confused* What did the first candle burning out mean? Anything at all?

New page on the website

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Originally posted by Betel

Originally posted by Rohn In any event, no matter what it means, I do think it indicates that a content patch is incoming soon.

So you don't know what it means, but you do know what it means? *is confused* What did the first candle burning out mean? Anything at all?

New page on the website

Just a new page? The site was totally redesigned, except the forum. We will see what the next candle will mean.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Its just a candlelight vigil...

I win!!! LOL@U

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Continued discussion about the "Second Candle" with respect to the new patch:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/55677-second-candle-still-burning.html

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ItinerantItinerant Member UncommonPosts: 89

The first candle represented 2009.

The second candle represents 2010.

They think that thier game has been out 2 years, and they're already preparing for celebrating thier 2nd birthday, because THAT'S HOW SV DOES SHIT.

The second candle has completely burned out, and the third candle is lit.

Unknown as to whether or not this is related, but something like a giant (and noisy) hawk just flew over Fab.  Perhaps it's the epic mob....

EDIT: Now, also with video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72n3GgowH2Q

Unknown as to whether or not this is related, but something like a giant (and noisy) hawk just flew over Fab.  Perhaps it's the epic mob....

lol I almost though you had edited that screenshoot first. Interesting times ahead ...

Originally posted by Diekfoo

lol I almost though you had edited that screenshoot first. Interesting times ahead ...

Nope, one screenie, and one video.  image

Of course, the third candle on the main site's entry screen (http://www.mortalonline.com/) does have a giant bird on it.  Perhaps the lighting of the candles is more significant than when they go out.  Of course, I'm still not sure exactly what the significance, if any, was of the 2nd candle with the scroll and quill pen was.

In any event, if that is the epic mob we've been told about, this could be a very interesting weekend!

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Looks like a giant vulture.  That means there must be giant mobs in game to feed it.  Maybe the campodens are big enough, or maybe it means were going to see even larger mobs in game soon.

Whatever it means, it's awesome..

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Originally posted by username509

Looks like a giant vulture.  That means there must be giant mobs in game to feed it.  Maybe the campodens are big enough, or maybe it means were going to see even larger mobs in game soon.

Whatever it means, it's awesome..

Yep, and it seems to match what's on the third candle.  I'm still hazy on the second candle.

The next candle looks like it has to do with the Risars....

Could be cool.

Another video of it ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9P-PKCdbM&feature=player_embedded

And a screenshoot of it flying over Fabernum: