Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any (Free) Realistic Military Shooters?

AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Okay, i've been in the mood for shooters as of late. Are there any military shooters (persisitant or not, likely not, and free) that are realistic, and fun to play?

Just a reference: Call of Duty, and M.A.T don't count, and are VERY unrealistic.

PS: I'm looking for something tactical.

Comments

• TezcatTezcat Member UncommonPosts: 82

http://www.americasarmy.com/

This will be perfect for you.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

I know it's not exactly free, but ARMA 2 is supposed to be very realistic. I've never played it though. I've even heard it's so realistic that with sniping you gotta pay attention to wind speed at the target, choose the right bullet for the right distance, and even the curvature of the earth. I could be wrong about those specific things, but you get the picture. Also, America's Army is really fun. I remember it being a lot more realistic and VERY heavy on the tactical aspect, moreso than any other shooter I've ever played.

edit: There wasn't the above reply at the time I clicked reply, lol @ recommending the same game

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by zidane01970

Okay, i've been in the mood for shooters as of late. Are there any military shooters (persisitant or not, likely not, and free) that are realistic, and fun to play?

Just a reference: Call of Duty, and M.A.T don't count, and are VERY unrealistic.

PS: I'm looking for something tactical.

There are several free mods for HL2 that are very very fun.  Some of them are realistic in the ballistics and the weapon aiming and the prone positional gameplay. 

There are also a few super good Quake3 engine games and UT tourney mods that are pretty cool.  Most of the Q3 mods have been converted to stand alone free games so they should be easy to find.  Just google Q3 mods and you should find them pretty easy.

You can also type FREEMMORPGS in google and find a bunch of free shooters.

I suggest spending the cash on AArma2 though if you really like tactical shooters.  It's the most realistic war simulation game I have ever played.  Definitely puts Battlefield games to shame as far as realism and gameplay.  You need a pretty decent system to see all there is to see but the gameplay is ridiculously fun.  The main warning for it is the maps are gigantic.  You need to plan your assaults carefully and think ahead about tactics.  Check out some screenshots on the net and you will see what I mean about realistic.  They went all out on the details. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• akathosakathos Member UncommonPosts: 179

America's Army FOR SURE, it is as realistic as possible. You have to go through proper training before going on the battlefield. And it is free... shocking X_X

http://www.americasarmy.com/aa3.php

They have stimulating conflict and character progression.

Read through the site lots of information there.

• DogPeeOnTreeDogPeeOnTree Member Posts: 92

Go play Genesis AD open beta is today and it have jetpacks and invisibility.After few more years this wil be realistic

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Thank you very much.

Downloading through steam now.

• nedoxnedox Member Posts: 99

You can try Nexon's Combat Arms. It's not bad but atm there are hackers oneshotting everyone and it's pretty much annoying.

vps hosting-My VPS hosting choice || web hosting-My Web hosting blog

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by nedox

You can try Nexon's Combat Arms. It's not bad but atm there are hackers oneshotting everyone and it's pretty much annoying.

Combat Arms and Warrock (a very very very similar game) are way too easy. When I played those games, people called me a hacker too. It's not that other people are hacking, the game is just broken.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

You might want to give this one a try:

Some info here: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-topic-discussion/68108-vbs2-jcove-lite-pc-game.html

Get it here: http://www.jcove-lite.co.uk/

There is also an American version, both are based on VBS2 as used by the armed forces.

The LITE versions are just that though. Only a handful of missions, but pretty realistic.