Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone thought about making a noob only guild?

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I wonder if it would be a good idea. To make a guild that has a max limit of level 30. This way only low level players are in it and they can party to their hearts content. Then at level 30 they leave and can join one of the many other guilds on the server.

I got this idea from playing Fallen Earth and the clan T.E.M.P.S. there does the same thing. They invite all noobs and have a max level of 25 and then they help place you into a clan after that. It's a great idea there and I think Vanguard could really thrive on something like that.

Thoughts? And if so who is going to start it? I would, but I don't stay subbed to games for long enough periods of time to be a guild leader, even though I will pop in and out during the year.

Comments

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Yeah, some people from here made a guild and for the most part started from scratch with a bunch or new or returning players.  It sort of died pretty quickly.

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

Even in a game with a much higher population this doesn't work well.

"Noobs" eventually become experienced players and want to move onto experienced guilds, thus you'd have a high level of turn over in the guild with new people joining and old"er" people leaving all the time.

It be hard to become familiar with anyone in the guild and/or provide any sort of stability to the guild in order to make it function as anything other than a loose knit group of solo players for the most part.

It's not a bad idea, it just doesn't end up working out very well.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by elocke

I wonder if it would be a good idea. To make a guild that has a max limit of level 30. This way only low level players are in it and they can party to their hearts content. Then at level 30 they leave and can join one of the many other guilds on the server.

I got this idea from playing Fallen Earth and the clan T.E.M.P.S. there does the same thing. They invite all noobs and have a max level of 25 and then they help place you into a clan after that. It's a great idea there and I think Vanguard could really thrive on something like that.

Thoughts? And if so who is going to start it? I would, but I don't stay subbed to games for long enough periods of time to be a guild leader, even though I will pop in and out during the year.

It's not totally a bad idea,

Their are already too many guilds for the smaller population, HOWEVER none are really noob guilds. Many say they are noob friendly, but are not.  If you use the social >guild find tool, you will see many Guilds offer sales pitches that are far from accurate.  I'm sure their intentions are noble but none of them take the cake.

At times I had often thought about it, and I believe I could be successful.  But to be successful with a noob guild in Vanguard would be a full time job, more so than in most mmo's. As stated in my other post, I find that sending tells to others and add them to my friends list works well, but they don't seem to stay in the game long, so you would be battling with a constant turn around.  And with a constant turn around comes the responsibility of forever keeping the new members happy.

You can elect officers, but as in most mmo's don't count on them to always take the ball and run with it, to keep things exciting. Most would have to be done by you.  And you would have to be on constantly.  To keep things exciting, you would have to know the game well or do a lot of research.

If I were to start a guild I would :

1) give it a noob name, with the letter " A " in front of it.  Such as " a noobs " or " a new player guild "....Doing this would in sure that your guild would appear at the top of the Guild find tool, and catch the new players first.

2) To keep everyone happy, you would have to run lower level dungeons and quest chains often, such as :

-The hunters league quest chain ( 16-25 )

-Khegor's end ( 13-18 )

-Spider Caves  (10-14 )

-Tomb of Lord Tsang ( 20-25 )

-Ruins of Trengal Keep ( 20-30 )

-Chrysol Mines ( 16-20 )

You would also have the responsibility to find make up people when short using the social panel>advanced find and send tells.

This site helps :

http://maps.vgwalkthroughs.com/targonor.net/vg/pmwikic372.html?n=Main.DungeonLvlGuide

It could be fun, but hard work, and a job.  I would find this rewarding, if I had the time, but I would feel in the back of my mind, this should be SOE's responsibility to  Entertain the ranks !