Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix Online: Release Date Pushed

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment and SEGA announced that they will be slightly pushing back the release date for the highly anticipated MMORPG The Matrix Online from January 17, 2005 to "Spring 2005".  We imagine this is great news for the thousands of recently added beta testers ;-)  Their official announcement is below:

THE MATRIX ONLINE TO SHIP IN SPRING 2005

The Matrix Online, a massively multi-player online game co-published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and SEGA of America, will now ship in Spring 2005. Previously slated for a January 2005 launch, the game will expand its beta program while the overall game experience is being enhanced.

"We are committed to quality games and making this the best possible experience for players," said Jason Hall, Senior Vice President of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Since this is our first MMOG, we are taking measured steps to ensure it will be polished and are investing additional resources into our community oriented initiatives."

The Matrix Online is an MMOG where tens of thousands of players will jack into the Matrix world to take an active role in continuing the saga of The Matrix movie trilogy. Developed by Monolith Productions in conjunction with the Wachowski Brothers, creators of The Matrix trilogy, the game will be a re-creation of the virtual world of the Matrix, employing cutting-edge 3-D graphics, networking and server technology. Gameplay in The Matrix Online will be based on intricate and exciting "wire-fu" combat, an extensive mission structure, social interaction and a completely customizable skill and ability system.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Not surprising this game needs a LOT of work.Without saying a lot im in the beta and im not impressed whatsoever.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    some people don't like it, many do. But some people don't like sex, either, so I guess there's no accounting for some people image

-----------------------------------------
    ummmm.......

• ylassylass Member Posts: 2

Is not a good new, what happen now with all people that preorder the game?

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    That's why it is wise to not pre-order something but this is good news for thoe of us who are in beta so we can test it a bit longer just hope i will like it.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

pre-orders still get to beta until the game is released, you still get to log into the live servers three days early, everything is still going as planned.

I for one am sick of half-finished games being released to the gaming community with the mentality of "ship now, patch later'. I'm very happy that the MxO DEV team has decided to take the extra time and make sure the game is perfect before launch. There's no way they could have ironed out everything in less than a month.

But I'm VERY confident that as hard as the testers and DEVs are working, the game will be close to flawless on release at this rate.

So chin up....it's a good thing.

ummmm.......