Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FoM goodbye

Hrmph, just coming back to get a catch up of whats up with FOM,

Sad to see its ending.. but its as expected.. The players here nailed it on the head although a bit confused.

1. The leadership was corrupt that controlled the game and had too much power.. This squeezed all the fun out of the game. The leaders would do stupid stuff, like sell off the planet for personal gain, and not wage the correct types of wars that use to define the awesome gameplay.. The cells never emerged, and again the corrupt leaders who could start these cells demanded too much of their players..

On top of it, the leaders created their own ruleset as many other's stated... These rules would benefit them and destroy any opposition it faced so they remained in control. And it could and wold control you and your time in the game. I seen this game was corrupt as I got into a fight with another player who seriously out of line in faction chat..

I was just in character role playing some tactics, while this guy took it so personally, he was raging in chat and had it out for me... He actually messaged the GM's that I was spamming or something and they actually banned me from the game without even checking.  It was an outright lie. I got it removed, turned out this guy getting me banned was a Forum Admin, and from then on, since I seen how corrupt the game was and that all the leaders were connected with the GM's. I decided to rage a war within my own faction. I was a Merc.

Now if you know anything about this game, the Merc's are sort of an anarchy type guild with no rules or real leaders. But for some reason this game gave leaders the ability to strip powers from other players, delivering tools that were exploited to the max. I tried to roleplay and do a coup takeover and I was doing great, turning everyone against the poorly run leadership, who did nothing the community of players wanted just what the leadership wanted.. But i was limited and stripped of my attempt to do a valid

ligitimate politics related takeover because they have powers that can't be defeated.. a BANHAMMER button. They used it and used it often, silencing anything in their way. They actually went as far as creating rules that to make a "faction" or a team of players to fight, you MUST post a URL with pics and stuff on the forum, be a certain level, do XX quests for the leaders and be active everyday for 10 days, before being able to create a cell. Ugh this is my game, its like saying you can't create a guild in Warcraft cuz you didnt message someone in China for permission. (WTF?!?)

Ugh, im a Merc, I'll create a cell if I want to.... Thats what Mercs do.. But no, i tried fightt this, (between the lines) and was quickly stripped of playing a rogue faction, which they state is NOT a faction. Go figure.. Give a rogue faction who aint a faction, faction privileges... Yeah you get the point, makes no sense... From here on out the game went downhill

Noone could even conceive this problem of corruption. No one cared as the age old player base of 5-10 players only cared for themselves, and as you can see why this game has failed, they thought endless players would stand around and be guinea pigs for their stupidity and nonsene and nope... they all left as did I.

Thats the main reason this game failed,.. Corruption from players with NO MANAGEMENT from outside.

As for others who just got into the game, well I'm sorry you didnt see the real game for what it was worth.. Some say money is worthless in this game, this is so untrue..Money rules this game.. What you did with money was nothing... You make money, you hire your players to rage war and conquer the entire galaxy.. But NO ONE, no one at all did this. the guy posted a few posts above said he was richer than 97% of the server.. Well, why didnt you hire those other players, they needed the money, you had it.. you could have played a magnificent warlord while tjhose funds lasted. Thats what its about..  Of course standing around and making silent hits, waiting for that precise moment everyones eyes peer the wrong way.. Well that is the ultimate rush this game delivered.

Anyhow, It did take a lot of time to devote leadership to do this, and perhaps this is why no one did it, was again because of the explotive leadership, I could spend months creating a huge army, and planning and equiping my troops and it could be all taken away in a second. It simply was not worth the time to invest in this gamewith these poor mechanisc they gave to players.

The game was an awesome cloak and dagger, planetary role playing battleground, that simply was mismanaged and lacked of poor ownership. You're seeing it now in its true colors, they simply didnt and as you can see don't care. :/

I'm surprised no one has tried a re-make of this, it's simple enough with today's technology, but perhaps they never seen what made the game so addictive early on in its prime, to think it would turn a buck..

But yeah, this game's problem and failure is based on corruption, no denying that. Farewell FoM, we will remember the good ole years. what few they were

Regards,
Nobotters - A better gaming experience

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Ya I liked FOM's concept, but found that player government control freaks ruined the game. I'm hoping that Nexeon's other little project game will go under too. It faces the same corruption issues, and the devs will let you cheat if you donate to them.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• nobotttersnobottters Member Posts: 88

I was a little unclear on some of the stupid rules the "player based" leadership made.

I will clarify..

I wanted to start my own little MERC army in my faction (which MERC's is not a faction according to everyones idealism in game) and I agree. But yet it ran as a faction... I'm not gonna get into this bull......

So, this is what I had to do, bare in mind I have to do this out of game, to other players in the game to create my own cell. (basically what you would call aa guild in WoW

I had to do a big $100,000 contract every day for 10 days. but not only do the contract.. I'd have to take in game screenshots of the contracts bein completed and post them on the forums... Lol

I'd have to have 10 other players in my guild at ALL times, even though the game allows just one player to be in one. otherwise, they would close it.. BTW closing it forfeited all money you had put into the cell, I believe anyhow, i never got it back afaik... so money i put in there to influence others, to get jobs etc. were at risk at all times by leadership who could close your GUILD at any time WTF?!?!?

I'd have to be online every day for 10 days and report in and do XX amount of what you'd consider community service to these leaders.. You'd have to kiss ass to these people or you can't play the game.. It was that simple.

Basically they controlled you, so you could never overturn them.. it was VIRTUALLY impossible to do anything to gaim power to overthrow this corrupted system.. and yes, I gave up and quit.. It was fun as hell trying to do the coup... and it should hav worked.. cept they simply had a button that said.. TYVM nice try,  your game is now OVER>

So there you have it  FOM failure from within, unmanaged by the outside forces of ownership

Regards,
    Nobotters - A better gaming experience

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

never played the game sounds like u had fun. know that mof was a very niche game and for someone to quit a game they seemed to love so much due to way the game was ran is very upsetting. hope you find a game to play.