Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic for me?

So I play Allods and enjoying it although I want to look for a secondary mmo to play during downtime that Allods has maintenance or whatever. I heard Allods is kind of similar to Runes of Magic from some people on their forums so just wanted to see what you guys thought. If I like Allods, will Runes of Magic will be a good secondary choice?

Comments

• ShqipShqip Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by withintempt

So I play Allods and enjoying it although I want to look for a secondary mmo to play during downtime that Allods has maintenance or whatever. I heard Allods is kind of similar to Runes of Magic from some people on their forums so just wanted to see what you guys thought. If I like Allods, will Runes of Magic will be a good secondary choice?

To me personally Runes of Magic is way better then allods which I uninstalled after was done with intro. RoM should be your 1st choice and allods 2nd lol, or just play LOTRO which is f2p too now and is ebtter then both :)

• withintemptwithintempt Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Shqip

To me personally Runes of Magic is way better then allods which I uninstalled after was done with intro. RoM should be your 1st choice and allods 2nd lol, or just play LOTRO which is f2p too now and is ebtter then both :)

What was it about allods that you didnt' like that runes of magic does better? I thought of playing lord of the rings but i heard that one needs to have a crazy graphics card to play it smoothly cuz game has much details.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

ROM is a much better game,it of course like all f2p games has lots of holes but it is the longest i ever played a f2p game,6 months.The one problem with ROM is that it really pushes the item mall,gear is a HUGE factor in this game,more so than any game i have ever played,the problem is getting that uber gear.

You could solo ROM to almost end level,well even end level but it gets a lot tougher near the end.You need a group to enter the instance bosses and you need really good gear because you need the dmg and the hit points to survive some aoe's.Rom has some real interesting bosses and some real tough fights,so it is fun and challenging.

I played Allods about one week and wouldn't consider going back to it,i would consider playing Rom again ,although i do really hate Frogster and their customer support.IMO ROM and Allods are nothing alike,not even close.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• withintemptwithintempt Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Wizardry

ROM is a much better game,it of course like all f2p games has lots of holes but it is the longest i ever played a f2p game,6 months.The one problem with ROM is that it really pushes the item mall,gear is a HUGE factor in this game,more so than any game i have ever played,the problem is getting that uber gear.

You could solo ROM to almost end level,well even end level but it gets a lot tougher near the end.You need a group to enter the instance bosses and you need really good gear because you need the dmg and the hit points to survive some aoe's.Rom has some real interesting bosses and some real tough fights,so it is fun and challenging.

I played Allods about one week and wouldn't consider going back to it,i would consider playing Rom again ,although i do really hate Frogster and their customer support.IMO ROM and Allods are nothing alike,not even close.

Hm from what you said, ROM and Allods still sound very similar. I'll check it out though.

Thanks!

• LorishaLorisha Member UncommonPosts: 21

I currently play both Allod's and RoM.  Been playing RoM about a year and half and Allod's I just started playing it again.  I quit when they opened up the item shop and I seen how expensive it was gonna be.  RoM though is expensive IF your not careful!  Allod's now is pretty much 100% free to play though.  The things you have to have to play allod's are all now given to you by doing a free daily.

I personally don't think they are at all alike.  RoM doesn't focus on PVP there PVP is severely unbalanced the only pvp worth participating in is siege wars and they suck bad right now.  Crash, lags, & exploits like crazy sadly though it's the best thing about the game right now, doesn't say much about RoM does it? lol

Allod's focus's a lot on pvp and it's endgame is 100 times better then RoM's.  RoM is nothing but dungeons and siege wars at end game.  Allod's you can pvp, raid, faction vs faction pvp, ships, or run dungeons at end game. 

RoM = easy mode leveling only grinding is quest grinding.

Allods = grind mode leveling at a certain point.

RoM = fast combat (auto attack) and has a mini map with many addons you can use

Allods= slow feel to its combat (no auto attack or auto face target) no mini map and not many add ons

RoM= LOTS of character customization (styling shop & costumes)

Allods= character customization is pretty much non exisitent right now (no styling shop or costumes) everyone looks pretty much the same.

RoM= you can build your character skills any way you want the possibilities are endless because you never stop earning talent points.  Respeccing is free if you want to do it.

Allods= you can't build your character skills any way you want your limited on talent points and rubies and only certain builds are viable ...you screw up respeccing costs real money.

Rom=Dual class system

Allods=no dual class system

RoM= 2 races elves (humans with pointy ears and pretty shiny tattoos) and humans (not much difference between the races)

Allods = 2 factions & 6 races and they have ARISEN race (one of the best races I've ever seen in a game) with races come racial skills.

There are a lot more differences between these games but those are the things that just come to my mind right now.  Honestly if you got the room on your computer just download both and play both.

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I can't support the playing of RoM or Allods Online.  I played RoM for a while... and it pretty well sucked.  Decent community, but a shoddy game overall.  The world is lifeless, and the mechanics are straight ripped from WoW.  It's a step to the side in the EQ model, not a step forward.  The game lacks polish.  Oh, and LotRO has better community.  And an actual endgame.

Allods broke my heart with the cash shop drama.  Amazingly cool world and art style.  So-so actual mechanics.  Nothing innovative with the EQ quest grinding model.  Still, the endgame looked promising.

So... long answer made short... no.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Allods generally feels a bit more polished in some areas, but runes has in my opinion the better gameplay. I can't play lotro... it's meh.

Shadus

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I play Allods and Rom rarely. Alliods is Russias first MMO and a pretty damn good one. It has a good story, good characters, bizare but cool leveling system, and really cool concepts( like ship battles). The problem with Alliods is the controls are iffy and the you cant damage the NM when you raid them. I was in a six man raid i got wiped by a Deer. Its still a good game though. I havent gotten into Rom due to the fact that LOtro took off and i havent stop playing since. This game has gotten good reviews from many sites. You shold give it a try.

Edgar F Greenwood