Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was Wurm Online sold?

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

There seems to be actual dev team now instead of just Rolf like it used to when I played

Hows the playerbase now?

Comments

• WossooWossoo Member Posts: 5

Hi,

Wurm Online has not been sold.

The (volunteer) development team has, however, been increased in size quite significantly over the last few months. At the moment Rolf is still the sole server developer, but we now have a number of client developers and a few art / sound developers who are mostly members of the Wurm community.

The playerbase is still going strong. I don't know how it compares to when you last played, though.

As of this moment (Friday 5th November 10:30PM GMT) the current number of players are:-

Golden Valley (free server): 83 Players.

Freedom: 146 Players.

Wild: 128 Players.

You can check the current number of players online here

Wurm Online Staff
    (Game Moderator)

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by Wossoo

Hi,

Wurm Online has not been sold.

The (volunteer) development team has, however, been increased in size quite significantly over the last few months. At the moment Rolf is still the sole server developer, but we now have a number of client developers and a few art / sound developers who are mostly members of the Wurm community.

The playerbase is still going strong. I don't know how it compares to when you last played, though.

As of this moment (Friday 5th November 10:30PM GMT) the current number of players are:-

Golden Valley (free server): 83 Players.

Freedom: 146 Players.

Wild: 128 Players.

You can check the current number of players online here

You know I tried Wurm online and not sure if I couldn't become accustom to it because of the camera controls or the UI but it's been awhile since I tried it out and might have to revisit it.

But the quote above is a reason to give it a try if you haven't.  Not many people from the game staff themselves answer player questions on  forums other than their own.

It's nice to see this kind of interaction and I have had a few interactions with a couple of staff members from other games as well as CEO's.  Although he only has 4 posts, it was informative and factual.  The same can't be said with people with 3k posts.  

Remember it's not your post count it's how you post ;)