Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried fleet pvp....need some advice

gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

What are some good ways to stop people from warping away from stargates, jumping through stargates, then through again, and again....

I had the most aweful pvp experience (my first).  It was so utterly boring.  It just consisted of praying for hours on end we could just fund something to stick around long enough to shoot at it.  I basically told my alliance that I was not going to go pvping again until they could solve the problem of having to jump through the ame gate back and forth to get someone we are chasing.

Que you're doing it wrong comments.

Can anyone give my alliance some advice on this.  We were thinking intradiction with warp disrupt bubbles.

Comments

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

You need to tackle them. This means warp scramblers to stop them warping away or using a MWD for speed, and a web to drop their speed if they have afterburners fitted. It's not foolproof but this is how gate campers usually operate, scram the vessel, web it to slow it down and then engage.

This is why I normally run gates in a Rifter with ab's and core injecters, I can easily hit 1000 mps in a Rifter, which usually sees me through any gate camp.

• BaxslashBaxslash Member UncommonPosts: 237

As the previous poster said, tackling, and, having someone or, a couple of indictors on the scene, some interceptors are quite capable of 6k speeds, and so, you have to be prepared for anything, but, most gate camps are of the old tried and true bait and kill kind.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

You better describe where you live, what PVP you are looking for, how many active PVPers you have and what they fly, etc..

In general, you need to tackle your target with Warp Disruptor/Scrambler to prevent it from warping off and then, eventually, you need to throw Webifiers on it to prevent movement.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Even with 'ceptors and 'dictors you wait. If they are gate camping nothing you can do about that. Most people looking fro random PvP patrol and camp when needed. Yeah some nights it's boring, but if you have space and are defending it sometimes you gotta camp.

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

Welcome to what the majority of EvE PvP is.  20 people sitting around a gate  waiting for 1 person to jump through so they can gang bang them but the target either MWD's back to the gate or manages to warp out and then the 20 people smack talk the 1 person for not engaging their 20 man gang.

On  side note if your camping in low sec or empire you need a couple of inties and a Arazu and Rapier doesnt hurt.  0.0 requires a HIC, dictor or some mobile bubbles.  Inties and a Arazu and rapier also doesnt hurt 

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

You could wait outside a busy lowsec station with a high dps gang and use a large but fast ship (like a minmatar battleship) to bump the crap out of undocking vessels so they can't dock back into the station. Last gank I fell victim to at least.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

Originally posted by Rollotamasi

Welcome to what the majority of EvE PvP is.  20 people sitting around a gate  waiting for 1 person to jump through so they can gang bang them but the target either MWD's back to the gate or manages to warp out and then the 20 people smack talk the 1 person for not engaging their 20 man gang.

On  side note if your camping in low sec or empire you need a couple of inties and a Arazu and Rapier doesnt hurt.  0.0 requires a HIC, dictor or some mobile bubbles.  Inties and a Arazu and rapier also doesnt hurt 

If this is true, why do people rave about the pvp in this game?  I could name plenty of games with more exciting pvp off the top of my head, and they are also FFA pvp.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

As other posters have said, take out their warp capability and tackle them.

If you are bored of gate camping (or are doing it with inexperienced players) try piracy/roaming for a bit.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898

Originally posted by gauge2k3

If this is true, why do people rave about the pvp in this game?  I could name plenty of games with more exciting pvp off the top of my head, and they are also FFA pvp.

Because no other FFA PvP game has the same consequences as EvE (Execept for maybe darkfall).  Loose a nicely fit heavy assault ship and that 120-150 mil loss hurt's your wallet.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by gauge2k3

PVP in empire is boring as fuck to me. I only pvp in wormholes. It's so much funner. Gate camping is more boring than spinning your ship in the station, and roaming/piracy takes forever for usually unthrilling pvp. 

• liberalguyliberalguy Member UncommonPosts: 118

Gate camping isn't exactly "fleet pvp". I'm not surprised you didn't like it.

Roaming fleets or intel directed fights are where the good stuff is.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

People still camp gates?

Seriously?