Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Extend(ed) or not to Extend(ed)

WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

I have been playing EQ2x now for about 30 days and been having a great time, I started out as a Bronze level player, and after a few levels I jumped up to Gold once I was able to justify the cost. Now I am a lvl 27 player with close to 60AA (which is pretty respectable for the level) havig a blast slowly enjoying all of the new (and old) content with the AA slider feature (only available with gold+ and LIVE servers)

The question you may be asking yourself is what sub model should you choose...  Well Bronze and Silver make for great trials... can feel out the game and get to know the basics... The game really shines at gold though, as at this level you can select all races and quite frankly I feel it is worth it just for the bag space and the ability to equip the higher tiered items... but still not necessary as you can level all the way up to 80 on bronze without spending a dime (90 if your did purchase the Sentinel Fate expansion).

Now you may also be asking yourself, why should I pay a $14.99 a month sub fee on a F2P server when I could just go to LIVE and get the same thing if not more without much of a worry about a cash shop... The answer to this is what your long term goals are... If you decide to play on a live server pretty much expect the lower level areas to be ghost towns, as these servers are VERY top heavy and most vets who may roll an alt know the game inside and out and rush through it. The plus side is EQ2 does have an GREAT system which allows higher level players to mentor down to your level, but unless you find an overly friendly and casual guild they will be heavily involved in end game content. You also have to consider that once you are 80 or 90 you will be inexperienced at the end content and very undergeared, so you may be the last kid picked on the team... On EQ2x you may be on par with even players that have been higher level for a while as some subscription levels limit the gear as well as how high you can train your spells/skills so a gold sub can easily out gear and out skill (in game Masteries) a vet.

Now one thinng I did notice as an old scholl EQ2 player is a lot of the older group content has been made soloable or very small groupable, a good example of these are the lower level Heritage quests... I would imagine they did this more for the LIVE servers as finding groups to do this as an alt (or begging higher level players to mentor) would be more difficult, so If you are a LIVE player (new or returning) you can still manage through most of the lower content solo and not miss out.

Lastly, EQ2x makes great filler for the "next big game" I mean I am sure a lot are wondering what to play while waiting for games like SW:TOR, GW2, Rift, TERA, or any of the other seeming big releases slated for 2011... EQ2x give you a great option of a full blown game with plenty of content, limited to only as much as you are willing to invest.

In summation, I personally found EQ2x a more casual gaming environment, with many new players and old school EQ2 LIVE vets mixed in. I myself have played EQ2 on the standard live servers as well as the PvP server, I find EQ2x much less of a rat race for the end game.  

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...