Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Arch Age trailer

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Warning: watching this video can cause depression and sudden bursting into tears when playing your old MMO! (I look at you, WOW!)  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RUDtslVVk&feature=player_embedded

Man, this looks so great. And so many features, physics engine, house building, naval battles... I wonder if I have to buy a new computer from the NASA before playing this, lol. ^^

More info on their website here: http://archeage-online.com/

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

The beauty of the visuals are only matched by the ambition of the design of this game. I have said it before and I will say it again: It will be the East that will push this genre forward, not the West.

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

For a graphics junkie like me this is such a tease, looks so darn nice. I just hope they don't do what many asian mmos do, that is craft a beautiful world but leave the content out.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

this game looks amazing, still hoping it comes to the U.S.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Gameloading

The beauty of the visuals are only matched by the ambition of the design of this game. I have said it before and I will say it again: It will be the East that will push this genre forward, not the West.

You are exactly right my friend. I love what they are doing with mmos in the east. 

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I am not impressed by most eastern games, I do not like design usually, and the cartoonish characters.

I have been impressed by interviews by this games designers, he seems to get it , and the game itself has more of a western look to it imo.

It will be a while, and we will see.

Graphics are nice, but I will take good content/play over graphics any day.  Not saying he won't pull it off, but its only a small part of what makes a game good/playable imo.

I also dislike the huge weapons, arcadish boom/pow batman flashes for damage and such...Stuff that makes things look arcadish.  I know some people love this, but just sharing my view, since thats what a forum is for.

I hope this game is good, its always good to have choices of good games to play.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

loved trees, but npc models just destroyed it right there.. and its f2p as i understood, means i will never play it apart for week or two to test.. since im not that kinda gamer

This game is going to be Free To Play?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Smikis

loved trees, but npc models just destroyed it right there.. and its f2p as i understood, means i will never play it apart for week or two to test.. since im not that kinda gamer

It's still in early beta, this game has a long way to go before it will get released.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Well, while I'm not a fan of Asian MMO's I have to say I'm going to keep an eye on this one. Any MMO implementing naval combat is worth looking at imho. 

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Originally posted by Mannish

This game is going to be Free To Play?

Yep F2P and suppossedly going to be a Sandbox.

I'm going to try it, because the West has failed me with regard to sandboxes.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• kastrixkastrix Member Posts: 75

Think using the cryengine2 was a bad choise since it makes the game look like crysis or at least one of the many mods of it. They even use the same tree and texture models. This makes the cartoonish npc's look totally out of place. Also the autotargeting combat does not apeel to me, would love to see a game like gw2 or mo with these grapics tho.

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

It looks great, and it's supposed to be Sandbox. I really like the house building and construction, from what we can see. I also really like the ship to ship combat, again from what we can see.

However, I saw icons above the NPC heads, and that's not a good sign, as it generally means they are looking to go "easy". I mean, if a player can't look at a shop sign or a NPC that looks important and meaningful, and think "I can probably buy or sell or get a quest here, I'll check this guy out", then what can I say?

Another thing I didn't like seeing is the oddball crap that comes from the Eastern markets. People standing awkwardly, overly large weapons, crap that just makes it look like it's for 12 year olds.

But the biggest warning that I may not like it, and a real warning for all but heavy PvPers who like their games to devolve into a meat market, is that they supposedly will have a justice system with a jail. And you can get a spoon and dig your way out. If this doesn't take a looong time to do, and be a real pain in the arse for PKers, then they will run over this game just like any others they've infested.

Once upon a time....

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

The west just fails so hard these days.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

games like this annoy me because the graphics are just prohibitive. only a (relatively) small number of people will even be able to run it thus instead of having a nice, full game world you have a world populated by the few who have beastly enough computers to run it. on the other hand it looks good.

• crockopoopoocrockopoopoo Member Posts: 119

Eastern visuals and Ultima-inspired gameplay? Yes please.

Originally posted by atticusbc

games like this annoy me because the graphics are just prohibitive. only a (relatively) small number of people will even be able to run it thus instead of having a nice, full game world you have a world populated by the few who have beastly enough computers to run it. on the other hand it looks good.

Dude it's not the games fault.  Games are evolving and you are not.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by stayontarget

my rig can in fact run crysis. not maxed or aught but well enough so don't tell me to evolve. i just feel like sometimes the industry forgets what their acronym means in this case the MMO bit. a lot of people are going to take one look at the graphics and be all "ooh pretty. too bad i probably can't run it." also it feels they're being like "look what we can do!" which doesn't always make for a good game.

my rig can in fact run crysis. not maxed or aught but well enough so don't tell me to evolve. i just feel like sometimes the industry forgets what their acronym means in this case the MMO bit. a lot of people are going to take one look at the graphics and be all "ooh pretty. too bad i probably can't run it." also it feels their being like "look what we can do!" which doesn't always make for a good game.

Sounds like you have a beef with the companies that make game engines.  Havoc, UE, Hero, and Cryengine are all made by western companies.

On the other hand if you got a beef with gameplay then your talking about the game Developers.

Stop trying to sterotype games by saying:  Great graphics = bad gameplay.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

my rig can in fact run crysis. not maxed or aught but well enough so don't tell me to evolve. i just feel like sometimes the industry forgets what their acronym means in this case the MMO bit. a lot of people are going to take one look at the graphics and be all "ooh pretty. too bad i probably can't run it." also it feels they're being like "look what we can do!" which doesn't always make for a good game.

Ive never been annoyed from a game having awesome graphics. Especially if my own rig can handle it. Its just... i dunno man, i know people can be cynical but you take the cake lol
  • tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

anyone got a link verifying that it is, in fact, going to be a F2P game?

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by tvalentine

anyone got a link verifying that it is, in fact, going to be a F2P game?

Last I heard no pricing model has been confirmed so I would also like to see this link.

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

There is a great interview with the developers where they say they actually are using some council from develpers of UO to make this game. Not to mention they have quite a number of developers from the west helping with the art direction. The key thing though is they seem to be trying to create something from scratch in the image of something but also its own image. Very cool direction to take. I think what caught me was they will spawn enemies based off the developments of humans. Say you build a village. You may incite goblins to attack. That is exactly what a sandbox needs. I also have read they wont be making the game a combat game persay. More to build and support what you build. ANWAYS, Im looking forward to the game.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

if this really does end up being a uo style sandbox, i know what i'll be playing for the next decade.

• janstenjansten Member Posts: 12

It looks similar to the Age of Conan graphics engine.. beautiful game. If you go to youtube look up the sea fight. Very cool!

-Janson