Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame: Pretty graphics

DreadP1r4teDreadP1r4te Member Posts: 12

Looking for a decent game with excellent graphics and a good magic class, preferably with some epic-type magic abilities, no pansy fireballs and crap. I love electric mages so any games that let you specialize in lightning based magic take precedence.

Don't care if its pay-to-play, but must have a free trial. 

Gotta find something to kill the time till GW2 and Tera... can't wait for those games.

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

I should recommend Everquest2 to you...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• DreadP1r4teDreadP1r4te Member Posts: 12

I would prefer something newer, with more modern graphics.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Have you tried the unlimited trial for Age of Conan?

The games your waiting for is high fantasy, and Conan is low fantasy, but its graphics are way above average.

Old but good trailer:

Beware: Might need a decent/good PC.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Aion maybe? It is grindy but have excellent art.

Aoc and LOTRO fits the bill too even if LOTRO is restrictive about magic.

LOTRO is F2P, the other 2 games have trials.

• If you want a high fantasy game with sparkly armor, I would take a look at Aion if I were you.

If you would like something a bit more realistic, Age of Conan has good graphics in my opinion.

And Final Fantasy 14 should have some good graphics, but the content is lacking at best. I wouldn't really say that FFXIV is enjoyable, but maybe you would like it.

Those games aren't out yet, but I think their graphics will at least be decent to great:

TERA

Rifts

Guild Wars 2

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by Loke666

Aion maybe? It is grindy but have excellent art.

Aoc and LOTRO fits the bill too even if LOTRO is restrictive about magic.

LOTRO is F2P, the other 2 games have trials.

Last time I checked, ( 5 seconds ago) Aion did not have a free trial. :(

• If you want to get a free trial for Aion, you need a buddy key. I don't understand why they just don't give out free trials without that system, but maybe you know someone who is playing Aion? If not, there is a thread in the Aion forum here on mmorpg.com where you can request a buddy key if you are interested.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

AoC

Plenty of electricity based spells there too. You even get spellweaving at a certain point which looks cool as hell (even if it isn't really worth doing).