Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS IT TRUEE

I WAS SEARCHING FOR ANY INFO ABOUT FW AND I FOUND THIS:

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=25921

I think the community should see this, I came by this from an anonymous source and I have no idea where they got it - could be a guild member who finds this unfair on the community, I don't know.

A while back, there was a rumor that the Legends guild would be getting priority access to the closed beta, meaning that every guild member of theirs would be guaranteed access. I thought it was merely a stunt to get more people to join the guild however...

It turns out that the Legends guild wasn't just blowing smoke and in fact the majority of their players have access now (the few who don't, only because they haven't received any email).

Considering most guilds have seen no more than 10% acceptance rate and only 1 other guild outside of the Legends alliance has a leader who has been given access, this shows a huge discrepancy when comparing to Legend's confirmed acceptance rate of 90%+ and all guild leaders within their alliance (and officers) having access.

Before you assume that this is just a sore response to who was accepted and who wasn't, think again. This is a huge concern of mine when a company shows a whole guild such favoritism. For instance, right now it's who gets first access (still giving them an advantage) but what if further down the line it's getting unfairly banned because members of your guild PK members of their guild for what ever reason?

I've posted an image below to back up what I'm saying. The person whose response was posted in the first post is Jason Varden, the Public Relations manager for Forsaken world. I don't understand why a public relation manager thinks it's okay to disrespect the community at large, sure it's their game and they can do what they want but not if they want players to remain loyal to their game.

I'll leave it there and let you make up your own minds.

Comments

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

The guy who had post this was banned

• Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323

I'm not honestly sure what to say about this news.

To some degree, I am disgusted by it and at the same time I could care less.

I signed up for the cb, but was not accepted. Wasn't the first time I was not accepted to a cb and it won't be the last.

I suppose I would have liked to at least been informed that the chosen cb invite process was by certain invites only. Instead of wasting my time.

Edit: Grammar/Spelling fixes.

• syndreamersyndreamer Member UncommonPosts: 43

It's actually common to have huge guilds or acclaimed guilds be the first one to try out a game. Thats why on most CB applications they'll ask you what guild you're in and their website. Guilds foster teamwork and if they are a legitly testing the game, their feedback is beneficial to the developers. To compile information into a handy note and send it away. Guilds were always used in MMO testing since it required teamwork and best to always have your friends nearby to share information with.

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

Yes I understand the concern about favortism. But I can honestly say without a doubt from my meager moderation experience, testers are tools. The ones you need be worried about are the friends of the moderation staff, or the ones who have some kind of tight hold over a large community that bears influence. Important people and friends of GMs are far more likely to pose the actual problems then testers. 

• DaxPierceDaxPierce Member Posts: 172

Who cares. I have a friend at Blizzard and was in Cata beta from the beginning. This happens with every game, some random, some friends. Its a F2P game, I am not quite sure what the big deal is. There's 50 million games out, take your pick. Oh this game has vampires....

• commando991commando991 Member Posts: 20

PWE are Frauders I was one of the dungeon contest winners james2010a and I was denied access cause my son got on my forums account and chatted while I was at work !!!!

so they banned my account from access.

but it was a prank I was teasing a fellow forums member.

it was all me and they idiots thought it was some one else.

so as a contest winner no matter if its lottery or gamer what they did was illegal !!!

I can not even access the game like the other winner till 12/16/2010

p.s. I even have screenshot proof of I was a winner.

even if they edit theier winner posting.

it has date and time and every thing.

okay this board I just tried to post my proof with their size image crap and its all false and bullshit.

try a real programmer dumbies..

I tried to do png andf bmp and so on and still nothing so you need a new webhosting programmer.

cause thier lack of true programing info' is slacking your website and busin ess for adds even.

contact me at [email protected] for programming and webhosting or data base info' and release form freedom from all the bs crap.

I did ecommerce for over 5 years and done more then most that programmed in 5 yrs before me.

• revenilerevenile Member Posts: 3

Ok, to answer the questions here, first off, the Legends guild thing was a slip up from the PR manager, all be it a huge slip up that shouldn't of happened.  Being the press gets special access to these things, it's was a mistake, PWE has announced this.

And Commando991, I know you were a winner of the dungeon contest, as was I.  However, prank or not, PWE takes account sharing very seriously.  And you weren't cheated out of your winnings, the account is still flagged to be let in, just it's banned, keep contacting Customer Support and maybe they will set things straight.

As an example of something similar:

On steam, someone was joking around and jokingly asking people for their bank info.  He was quickly banned from steam.  Unlike you, he had spent money on steam, and now he couldn't play any of the games he bought.  He thought he was frauded too, but see, he broke the terms of service, even if it was a joke, he still broke them.

You yourself said you will be able to play on 12/16/2010, therefore your contest winnings are STILL THERE.  Your winning the contest, and your account being banned for a month have absolutely nothing to do with each other.  PWE felt you broke the rules, prank or not, and banned your account.  When your account is released from it's ban, you can hop in and play.  

Just remember, you may have won the contest, but you agreed to the Terms of Service long before you entered the contest, and if you were joking around and teasing even a false account sharing idea that PWE felt broke those terms, you brought the ban on yourself.

For a third time so it's perfectly clear:  PWE has not taken your winnings away, that would be if you logged in on 12/16 and could NOT log in.  Your account was banned for a seperate reason.

I know you feel angry, but you shouldn't have been joking around either.  Remember, sarcasm and jokes do not translate into text.

• ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

I was part of a eq1 guild that got a carte blache guild invite to closed beta of eq2, it also happens in wow, and I've heard of it in several other games. It's not uncommon to invite raiding guilds to beta your game en mass when testing out that mechanic.

Shadus

• commando991commando991 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by revenile

Ok, to answer the questions here, first off, the Legends guild thing was a slip up from the PR manager, all be it a huge slip up that shouldn't of happened.  Being the press gets special access to these things, it's was a mistake, PWE has announced this.

And Commando991, I know you were a winner of the dungeon contest, as was I.  However, prank or not, PWE takes account sharing very seriously.  And you weren't cheated out of your winnings, the account is still flagged to be let in, just it's banned, keep contacting Customer Support and maybe they will set things straight.

As an example of something similar:

On steam, someone was joking around and jokingly asking people for their bank info.  He was quickly banned from steam.  Unlike you, he had spent money on steam, and now he couldn't play any of the games he bought.  He thought he was frauded too, but see, he broke the terms of service, even if it was a joke, he still broke them.

You yourself said you will be able to play on 12/16/2010, therefore your contest winnings are STILL THERE.  Your winning the contest, and your account being banned for a month have absolutely nothing to do with each other.  PWE felt you broke the rules, prank or not, and banned your account.  When your account is released from it's ban, you can hop in and play.  

Just remember, you may have won the contest, but you agreed to the Terms of Service long before you entered the contest, and if you were joking around and teasing even a false account sharing idea that PWE felt broke those terms, you brought the ban on yourself.

For a third time so it's perfectly clear:  PWE has not taken your winnings away, that would be if you logged in on 12/16 and could NOT log in.  Your account was banned for a seperate reason.

I know you feel angry, but you shouldn't have been joking around either.  Remember, sarcasm and jokes do not translate into text.

angery that sure block me from forums legally yes !

not from entering the game for a full month !!

I am taking a law suite action against them and I have the backing to do so !!!

what they did was fraud !!!

I already reported them in for fraud and next they won't be happy at all what I do next !!

p.s. CBT for forsaken world will be ended by 12/16 2010 !!

so yes they did take my winnings away !!

so yes by law I got a case against them in court  !!!

see you in court PWE frauders.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

I'm just glad i never spent no more than 10 mins playing any of their games, let alone months or years. I'd be more angry if i spent money on their games.

• nmalthusnmalthus Member CommonPosts: 98

PWE reserves the right to do what they wish pretty much. Break the rules, pay the price.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by commando991

PWE are Frauders I was one of the dungeon contest winners james2010a and I was denied access cause my son got on my forums account and chatted while I was at work !!!!

so they banned my account from access.

but it was a prank I was teasing a fellow forums member.

it was all me and they idiots thought it was some one else.

so as a contest winner no matter if its lottery or gamer what they did was illegal !!!

I can not even access the game like the other winner till 12/16/2010

p.s. I even have screenshot proof of I was a winner.

even if they edit theier winner posting.

it has date and time and every thing.

okay this board I just tried to post my proof with their size image crap and its all false and bullshit.

try a real programmer dumbies..

I tried to do png andf bmp and so on and still nothing so you need a new webhosting programmer.

cause thier lack of true programing info' is slacking your website and busin ess for adds even.

contact me at [email protected] for programming and webhosting or data base info' and release form freedom from all the bs crap.

I did ecommerce for over 5 years and done more then most that programmed in 5 yrs before me.

someone let this guy breed?