Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame: Necromancers, monster races, etc.

XhieronXhieron Member UncommonPosts: 132

Alas, EQ, I mourn thee.  The title covers the two primary targets I'm hunting; I'm basically looking for a game to hold me over until GW2 comes out.  I'm looking for a class that's as similar to the EQ1 Necromancer (or Shadowknight, alternatively--for that matter the DAOC Necro was golden too, but like EQ I can't justify paying a sub for it these days) as possible, without the catastrophic financial investment necessary to, say, bring an EQ1 Necro up to snuff nowadays (I miss EQ, but I'm a million expansions behind and the graphics engine, well... yeah).

That is, I want a pet, I want as dark a class as possible (though I'm flexible here), and CC would be good.  Tried a LOTRO Lore-master recently, and just couldn't get into it.  This brings me to the second point though:

Monsters as playable races are a plus.  And I don't mean necessarily huge hulking multi-limbed tentacle horrors.  Undead would do, animal hybrids, etc.  LOTRO bugged me because of the lack of races (although props to them for being faithful to the IP).  What can I say?  I identify with horrifying freaks who summon zombies.  WOW is currently on hiatus for me, and as much as I loved the feel of Aion, latency was an issue, and I couldn't get into it on my second round.

I'm not looking to do any serious PVP or end-game stuff, also, but having some semblance of a community would be nice.

F2P is not a must, but it's certainly preferred, since I'm not looking for a long-term investment unless I'm very, very impressed.  I like to grind.  Call me crazy, call me old-fashioned, but I come from the grind generation, and I don't want my hand held.  But grinding should be fun; every fight should be entertaining, and I want nice stuff to look at while I'm doing it.  To me, the golden days of gaming were coming into an area, picking out a place to pull mobs to, and then gunning them down in succession as they spawn.  Run around, kill stuff, chat up the zone while I'm at it--that's not too much to ask, is it?

Is there a game out there that has this (the class/race-type; Lord knows there are plenty of Asian grinders out there)?  I certainly won't be surprised if there isn't.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.

Peace and safety.

Comments

• Tenk575Tenk575 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Monsters aren't really a playable race in the game, but Age of Conan sounds like it could be fun for you. Its not F2P, but it certainly fits some of the criteria you're looking for.

I really enjoyed playing a Necro there..

Good luck!

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

Requim you can play a monster race or transform into one but I cant say much about the gameplay tho its a grind fest!