Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: O Hai Thar!

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

If thats the case Heartless(in your perception) why do you bother coming here? There are many, many other sites that cover games and MMO's.    I happen to like the mix of articles and games here.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

hi welcome

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Wraithone

If thats the case Heartless(in your perception) why do you bother coming here? There are many, many other sites that cover games and MMO's.    I happen to like the mix of articles and games here.

Agreed.  That post was indeed heartless.

While I don't always agree with the authors, they are always entitled to their own views and it is always good to see a game from a different perspective.  It sometimes alerts us to the fact that our own opinion was a bit jaded and maybe should be rethought.

Welcome to the forums Isabelle.  AC1 was my 2nd MMO and I still think the best I have played to date, due to the fact that current MMO's always want to put your character development into a straight jacket, which was never the case in AC1.

• YsharrosYsharros Member Posts: 87

We are in fact legion. We just now how to hide. ;)

• YsharrosYsharros Member Posts: 87

Ahem. "Know". My English teachers are turning in their graves.

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by Asheram

Originally posted by Tazlor

why do people think it's so cool when they spell things wrong?  O Hai Thar?  well this should be interesting.....

Everybody run its the grammar police!!

And Hai Thar Isabelle welcome to massivelymoaningoverroleplayinggames.com image

U win teh interwebs!

Hi, Welcome. Please invest in some flame retardent gear. Jon Wood can point you in the right direction! And if your super l33t, invest in the stock! Wall Street FTW!

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Originally posted by Dawnna

"Seasoned" woman MMO gamer, tabletop friendly, altaholic, gamehopper, non-raider who likes reading about raiding... I thought I was the only one out here. :D

Looking forward to your columns!

And another one here.  Well, I'm seasoned but came to the game too late for tabletop, but definitely altaholic, gamehopper and non-raider (also not much interested in aquiring "things" in games).

Welcome to mmorpg.com, Isabelle, and I look forward to reading more from you ^^

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

<blockquote>Ah, the good old days. Back then, there was no way of knowing where you’d left a corpse or six: you just had to remember and make notes. You know, in a paper notebook, with a pen. Uphill, in the snow, both ways. And barefoot, given the drop-your-stuff-on-death rules in force in many MMOs at the time.</blockquote>

Not sure if that html there will work, but....

That made me LOL. :)

And YAY!  Welcome to the looney bin!  I hope we'll all be nice to you (but I wouldn't hold my breath). Anyway....certainly most of us will be and it's good to have another female perspective "aboard."

=D

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Originally posted by Senadina

Originally posted by Dawnna

"Seasoned" woman MMO gamer, tabletop friendly, altaholic, gamehopper, non-raider who likes reading about raiding... I thought I was the only one out here. :D

Looking forward to your columns!

Far from the only one, since I fit that category too. Welcome aboard Isabelle, and cinch up the armor!

ditto

Thought I was reading something I wrote for the first parts of that, lol.

Welcome, good job on getting the job.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Welcome Isabella.

It will surely be interesting to listen from an altoholic, as my perspective is from someone that sticks to a single character and only creates additional characters when they can somehow benefit the main one (a crafting profession that the game dictates you can't learn on a same character, in-game profit, learning how another class plays like myself so I can play better in a group environment with/against them, etc).

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by Wraithone

Agreed.  That post was indeed heartless.

While I don't always agree with the authors, they are always entitled to their own views and it is always good to see a game from a different perspective.  It sometimes alerts us to the fact that our own opinion was a bit jaded and maybe should be rethought.

Welcome to the forums Isabelle.  AC1 was my 2nd MMO and I still think the best I have played to date, due to the fact that current MMO's always want to put your character development into a straight jacket, which was never the case in AC1.

I come here for the news and for discussions about games. While my initial post may have been a bit harsh, and I appologize if I offended anyone, I'm just not a huge fan of the opinion pieces that are becoming more prevalent on this site.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Ysharros

Ahem. "Know". My English teachers are turning in their graves.

Not only that, but you've been here since 2005 and still haven't located the "edit" option.

Double posting is bad, m'kay?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

Heartless: I can understand what you mean there. News and discussions are great, but when it's just "This is just my opinion on X, no new info here", my eyes glaze over a bit. Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the occasional opinion piece, and Player Perspectives has been a fairly interesting column for the most part giving insight in to certain aspects of gaming on the players side. However, as you say, opinion pieces are becoming far too common. Also, one of the other things that pop up beyond mere opinion pieces are "Today we state what has been known for years because we don't know what else to say" pieces ._.;

Intro pieces on the other hand, are most welcome :D

I'm curious to see what you will write about next Isabelle.

Also, I started my MMO gaming with Ragnarok Online o.o;; So it still holds a place in my heart, despite being the epitome of everything I now hate about asian games.

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Nice to meet you too ^_^

I am also an Altoholic...having written stories and created characters since the third grade and lets just say a few months ago I turned the year in which I could declare myself "officially" Old!!!!

Playing tons of games and making tons of chararacter for laughs, fun and story + roleplaying really is what these games are about. Going the "powergamer" route really is a failure of the genre in saying "become strong so you can do endgame" almost like work saying "Spend 3 years working for me before you are promoted to something decent"...

You are all right. -and I mean it! Or I wouldn't wasting my time posting. ^^ I actually have a life hehe.

• GralyndrGralyndr Member Posts: 14

Greets, Isabelle.  Looking forward to your articles.  Fact or opinion, information is still information.  It's up to the reader to obtain what they want or need.  So onward with some articles.  I'm a part time player across the board so culling out information out of the worst article or post becomes a norm.  You have a pretty large age span here to write to but don't let it hold you back.  Have fun.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well I am looking forward to see a new perspective being added to the articles around here.

So this should be interesting.

So to the op welcome , oh and get ready with your flame resistant suit, as you will need it.

• baddumsbaddums Member Posts: 72

Welcome!

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

You dont also happen to write for the Frisky on CNN do you?

• LorelLorel Member UncommonPosts: 45

Hai an welcome, hope u enjoy ur stay :)

btw I sooo luv teh lolspeek :D

• jackdaw31jackdaw31 Member Posts: 26

Welcome from one altaholic to another!

Don't fear the many haters, some of us are nice!

(Just remember, we all hate Cryptic/Atari, and you'll do fine!! heh)

Too many alts!!

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

Welcome, I look forward to your writing, Miss colorfully green plate dressing :)

Work hard Play Harder

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Ysharros what a Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ty name

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • smile9999smile9999 Member Posts: 57

hi, welcome aboard and try not to be sensitive of what ppl write here, its sad that the majority of ppl who will agree with your opinion wont actually post and ppl who post are just trolls, welcome to mmorpg.com

They cripple the bird's wing, and then condemn it for not flying as fast as they.Malcolm X

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Tazlor

why do people think it's so cool when they spell things wrong?  O Hai Thar?  well this should be interesting.....

She said she was older. Standardized spelling hasn't been around all that long (see, Noah Webster http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Webster#Dictionary). Maybe she's being old school and spelling phonetically.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga