Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Airsoft 6mm bullet guns

2»

Comments

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

And a paintball gun isnt modable?

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Yes. You can add double triggers, Fully automatic pressure systems, Nitrogen tanks, better barrels and hammers but it really stops there. Most paintball places don't even allow fully automatic angels. One reason why I sold my spyder was because I could not use the full auto mode I worked so hard on paying and putting together n a tournament. The modding for paintball guns really stops at what is legal on the controlled playing field. Airsoft mods are limitless only to the imagination.

And yes, you cannot have them in public. That is why we play in friends' basements and in open fields and in deserted parking lots. Final reason why I believe that airsoft is better than paintball is because you can buy thousands of BBs for a couple bucks, while it takes hundreds of dollars to buy thousands of quality paintballs that don't chop or spoil and dry. Harder to trace who has been hit in airsoft though.

-----------------

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

You can different cases on most Tippmans, to make it look like an M-16. I find Paintball to be alot more fun, less cheating. Airsoft is easy to say you never got hit or may not even feel it to begin with. In paintball there are alot more fields. I have never seen any field here in Arizona that didnt allow fully automatic guns, except Castle Golf, which is made for mostly younger kids.

There are only 2 places to go balling in Kansas City, which is where I reside. Airsoft was not meant to be competive, either. It was meant to play big kid war with. You take realistic looking guns and shoot them at each other. The fact that there is an airsoft M60E3 that shoots 3000 bbs a minute proves that it is a "Play war" game. I know of the various mods for paintballs and try as you might, you cannot get the modding potiental of an airsoft gun on a paintball gun. This is not a paintball vs airsoft thread, it is just that I prefer airsoft.

-----------------

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Ya I so agree that airsoft is fun. Its good if you want to play around the house with a friends, and not have to get paint everywhere. It is cool how fast they shoot. But if I want a competitive game I go paintball.

Absolutely. You can't get a more competitive shooting game than paintball. Judges, strategic cover, and even motion cameras to avoid stepping over the line all secure a great game. I just got tired of cleaning out chopped balls every other round of 50 balls and having to pay 3.50 every time I wanted to refill my nitrogen tank, which was about every 4 hours.

-----------------

Ya, it takes alot of upkeep to, if you dont clean your gun and treat it well it wont treat you well. Ive had many problems that I have had to sit out half the day. The paint is very expensive, so I usually go once a month. Speedball is the most fun in my opinion, unless you are playing a scenario in woodsball. It would be nice if fields were more organized and creative. Like landmines are always cool. Grendade are kinda stupid, the ones I baught one time never worked well and I ended up throwing it at my neighbor.

I agree with you on the grenades. I did not ever understand the fun of throwinga 6 dollar paint grenade that spat 3 ounces of paint within 3 feet of the landing zone. I have gone Pballing in a wooded creek only once. It was incredibly difficult to hit anyone since if a ball just glazes a branch or vine, it spins and cracks and flings off varacity. My highest range Pball shot when the ball popped, by the way is about 35 meters. My highest Airsoft shot was probably 80 meters with ironsights on a burst shot.

-----------------

Ya, thats what is annoying, I dont like having to get my paintball to dodge the trees. The only way that you can avoid this is by having like 500 velocity, thats when it becomes fun. But fields dont allow that high of velocity. Its nice because you get alot better accuracy, I have a 16" barrel but it doesnt make to much of a difference when my ball only goes 75 feet.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

barrel length really doesnt matter you know. Its all about consistency, thats why phantoms have such awsome accuracy, because they only change 1-2FPS MAXIMUM per shot, which means if you were to put the gun in a vice and keep shooting with a constant air tank, the balls would be hitting almost one on top of the other (at around 50-75 feet). Even still I could easily land one ball right next to the last at around 60 yards. If you havent used a Phantom, for shame... FOR SHAME!

I havent played airsoft, but it does look pretty cool, I tihnk that modelling them after real guns is really cool too, I noticed a lot of asians (not to be racist) at my field playing airsoft, probably CS fans ::::35::

Yup! ::::02::

Heres my old phantom, unfortunatly I had to sell it to help pay for college/new computer

Nice, I have a Tippman 98 custom lol, only upgrade is my 16" CP barrel. I would buy a new gun, but I dont get to paintball enough so it wouldnt be worth it. Plus I need to get better before spending money on a nice gun. All my money went to my new computer so im flat broke right now ::::21::

Barrel length does affect veracity. Stubby, shorter barrels chop less but that are less accurate. Longer barrels usually do help veracity.

-----------------

Whats veracity?

Accuracy, Bro.

-----------------

• BurningManBurningMan Member Posts: 613

hmm how much does 1000 bullets cost?

10-15 bucks, roundabouts..

-----------------

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Bloody americans and there guns....buy yourself ten benson and 3 pints for pete's sake image

Pan

Pan

2 entries found for veracity.
    ve·rac·i·ty Audio pronunciation of "veracity" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (v-rs-t)
    n. pl. ve·rac·i·ties

1. Adherence to the truth; truthfulness. See Synonyms at truth.
    2. Conformity to fact or truth; accuracy or precision: a report of doubtful veracity.
    3. Something that is true.

veracity

n : unwillingness to tell lies [ant: mendacity]

Uh, I have never heard the term veracity used in terms of accuracy and according to the previous dictionary entry...

Anyways like I said earlier, consistency and barrel quality are much more important than length. Also it has been proven that barrels over 11"-12" have little to no difference. Maybe thats different with Airsoft but with thats true with paintball.

• AleisterAleister Member Posts: 208

hmm, well I am actually agaisnt the use of guns as toys, mostly because of the stupidity of the majority, and i as a little fella shot myself in the mouth, like committing suicide with a similar gun, they searched through my crap to see that i excreted it :D. I also don't like mafia TV shows, at least one here which is watched by %60 of the population because when a 4 year old boy grabsa a kinfe from the kitchen and stabs his 3 year old friend, that's a problem, well i hate tv anyway, stupid box!!

-----------------------
    ....must ....play .....WoWimage

-----------------------
    ....must ....play .....WoWimage