Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean open Beta news

RoscomanRoscoman Member UncommonPosts: 55

News is coming out about a Korean open beta client being released at the G-Star convention in Tera.  Here is a link to the Tera forums, that explains the release of the client, and plans for open beta.  Bottom line, the game is getting closer to release!

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10895

Comments

• KatrisaKatrisa Member UncommonPosts: 116

I think the release date cant be too far away now. The website redesign... now beta in korea *sigh* I really cant wait for tera. I need a new mmo to call home.... or i could get a life.... nahhhhhh ;)

Kat

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Katrisa

I think the release date cant be too far away now. The website redesign... now beta in korea *sigh* I really cant wait for tera. I need a new mmo to call home.... or i could get a life.... nahhhhhh ;)

Kat

Yeah, same...I'm looking for one more game to g-star..looking at you NCsoftimage

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Roscoman

News is coming out about a Korean open beta client being released at the G-Star convention in Tera.  Here is a link to the Tera forums, that explains the release of the client, and plans for open beta.  Bottom line, the game is getting closer to release!

Yeah it is, but we will probably not see it here for about 12 months after korea releae.

But that I hope Korea OB does not have an IP block :)

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Originally posted by Katrisa

Kat

I hear that having a real life is over-rated =P

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Yeah it is, but we will probably not see it here for about 12 months after korea releae.

12 months O_o

you be crazy bra, more like 2-3 months.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• RoscomanRoscoman Member UncommonPosts: 55

I would be surprised if it took more than 2-3 months to be released in US/EU.   I just hope the client at the G-Star convention is very solid, with few bugs or issues.   The only reason I can see the Korean version being delayed, is if players are unhappy with the newest client.

Originally posted by stayontarget

12 months O_o

I have a feeling that it would take a little longer than that.

So far every Asian game (except for FF14) has taken 6-12 months before it came here.

12 months O_o

I have a feeling that it would take a little longer than that.

So far every Asian game (except for FF14) has taken 6-12 months before it came here.

They plan on launching NA & EU at the same time and the real time sink has been doing the German client ( I guess translating into the german language is a harder process).

If you check out some of the videos of Gamescom you can see them using a German client that is half finished.  That client was the same client they used for FGT2 testing back in March ( all the conventions used the FGT2 client ) so maybe they are a little ahead by now.  There target date is still 1Q 2011 and that has still not changed.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

They plan on launching NA & EU at the same time and the real time sink has been doing the German client ( I guess translating into the german language is a harder process).

If you check out some of the videos of Gamescom you can see them using a German client that is half finished.  That client was the same client they used for FGT2 testing back in March ( all the conventions used the FGT2 client ) so maybe they are a little ahead by now.  There target date is still 1Q 2011 and that has still not changed.

I thinkthat what he is talking about is actually more related to game content itself as they haven't even started closed beta for western audience yet. However yeah, claiming that it's gonna take another 12 months also seems unrealistic.

Originally posted by alterfenix

I thinkthat what he is talking about is actually more related to game content itself as they haven't even started closed beta for western audience yet. However yeah, claiming that it's gonna take another 12 months also seems unrealistic.

The game is done. They will be showing the "Launch Client" of the game at the G-Star convention this year ( Nov 18 ). 

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Originally posted by alterfenix

The game is done. They will be showing the "Launch Client" of the game at the G-Star convention this year ( Nov 18 ). 

I assume then that you think that korean version is going to be released to western audience cos that's gonna be the version showed there. Not the one for us. Note that koreans are already after closed beta, we are not.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

12 months O_o

Wow are you an optimist, you should try localizing a game like this, I think you would change your tune fast.  SgtFrog's estimate is far more realistic.

• GahnzoGahnzo Member UncommonPosts: 74

MMO betas dont generally last very long before release. Thats if there isnt a pause in development. I dont think I have played in a beta that lasted more that 4-6 months.

FF14 is a good example, went into CB for like 2-3 months I think. Then for maybe less than a month OB then it released.

From how I understand it, the western version isnt very far behind the korean version. So im guessing the western version, at least for North America, is only 8 months or so away. This is all my speculation so dont take any of this as "It".

Originally posted by Ozmodan

12 months O_o

Wow are you an optimist, you should try localizing a game like this, I think you would change your tune fast.  SgtFrog's estimate is far more realistic.

No it's not. Winter seems realistic. Tera's NA version has been worked on for years bro, that's why En Masse exists.

Originally posted by Rynne

12 months O_o

No it's not. Winter seems realistic. Tera's NA version has been worked on for years bro, that's why En Masse exists.

We did not see Aion till about a year after Korea Release and that was run by one of the biggest mmorpg companies in the world.

They planned on releasing Aion 2-3 months after Korea but it never happened.....as usual.

Localizing games takes a long time.

We did not see Aion till about a year after Korea Release and that was run by one of the biggest mmorpg companies in the world.

They planned on releasing Aion 2-3 months after Korea but it never happened.....as usual.

Well what do you expect from a company like NCsoft, they did not even start translating until much later in it's dev.  Oo

BlueHole and EnMasse has been translating Tera from the begining of dev.  EnMasse's staff is comprised of 90% writers.

The proof is in the FGT2 client that was on display at E3, SDCC, Pax West, and Gamescom.  And remember that client was 8 months old.

• GahnzoGahnzo Member UncommonPosts: 74

Originally posted by Rynne

12 months O_o

Normaly yeah, but keep in mind EM has been working on the westernization nearly the entirety of the project. Im not saying we will see Tera anytime soon, just sooner than 1 year.

I think winter is in fact not realistic. Maybe CB, but full release is out of the question. The beta alone will take at least 3 months. I dont even expect beta to start till winter.

Considering none of us actually work for EM and BH no one can say for sure.

I just think that we will not be seeing the game after Korea in only 3 months...probably closer to 6-12 months.

But no one can say who is right :P

That was because NCsoft started localizing once they finished the east version. En Masse got the project when? Probably few years ago.

I just think that we will not be seeing the game after Korea in only 3 months...probably closer to 6-12 months.

I'll make you a bet, if it launches in the 1Q of 2011 then you got to change your avatar.  If it launches 6-12 months in 2011 then I will change my avatar......what say you SgtFrog  :)

I'll make you a bet, if it launches in the 1Q of 2011 then you got to change your avatar.  If it launches 6-12 months in 2011 then I will change my avatar......what say you SgtFrog  :)

lol deal...

only if you use  this

As your avater :P

hehehe

Hahaha  ok deal, but you got to resize it for me :p  and the punishment will only last for 1 week....kk

I will let you choose your "punishment avatar"   :D

Edit: don't worry,  If I lose will will post with it all over the forums here.

Here we go! lol , I guess Pink Bunny can be the punishment for the both of us :P

Here we go! lol , I guess Pink Bunny can be the punishment for the both of us :P

Done....the clock is ticking, my confidence is high.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Screw you guys, I want pink bunneh naw.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions