Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funny Final Fantasy 14 Review

Comments

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

OK, that was funny lol. I am so glad I didn't buy this game. It has to be one of the worst let downs in MMO history....I mean..it is awful. If it was released in 2000 I might understand. You should have posted this in the FF14 forum.

There Is Always Hope!

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

Very funny video and sadly accurate.

• TadzioTadzio Member UncommonPosts: 103

5:00-5:08 made me cry

Great review, a bit one-sided but at least it's funny.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Damn that was hilarious.

"And this is at 5x speed. And that's how it usually ends."

EDIT: Yeah, I'm crying laughing too.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Haha! That was brilliant! He says it like it is. :D

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

I wondered what all the FF rage was about. Thanks to this review I completely understand.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

I guess he got his point across, albeit in a hilarious and harsh manner. Personally i think Square as a company has been in a downward spiral as far as the quality of their games go, since Sakaguchi left them.   

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by depain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Wz-dKGifM

I lol'ed

Such a great vid.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Dead on.  I see he wanted to dig his eyeballs out of his head over the copy-paste terrain also. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Haha! Great video

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

omg that was so funny lol

I am watching some other peoples reviews and some of them are so sad.  Not smartass sad, like really makes you feel sad.  One young girl is almost in tears over this game...  makes me angry. 

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

That was pretty damn funny.

XD

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Interesting, that guy thinks similar to me, so I enjoyed it. Best review I've seen in a while, and I haven't played FF14, but now I understand the hate it receives.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by choujiofkono

I am watching some other peoples reviews and some of them are so sad.  Not smartass sad, like really makes you feel sad.  One young girl is almost in tears over this game...  makes me angry. 

It's because this was one of those rare franchises that people ( including myself, I was one of the biggest FF fans you'd ever meet ) just got attached to.

For example, when did I buy the first Playstation? Same day FFVII was released.

Playstation 2? Same day  FFX was released.

Playstation 3? Same day FFXIII was released ( coulda just got it for my 360 but that somehow didn't feel right ).

Which one made me actually physically pissed off? FFXIII.

But up to FFXIII, the name "Final Fantasy" was all it took to get me to buy the console it was being made for. That's how much I loved this series.

And even after FFXIII, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried FFXIV.

That was the end of my "obsession", so to speak.

I won't ever buy a system based on my love for FF again, and more importantly, I will never buy a FF title on release or even within the first couple months again. In fact, IF Versus ever does make it out, I won't even try it until it hits the bargain bin in the USED games section.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• wizyear2099wizyear2099 Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by eyeswideopen

It's because this was one of those rare franchises that people ( including myself, I was one of the biggest FF fans you'd ever meet ) just got attached to.

Playstation 3? Same day FFXIII was released ( coulda just got it for my 360 but that somehow didn't feel right ).

But up to FFXIII, the name "Final Fantasy" was all it took to get me to buy the console it was being made for. That's how much I loved this series.

I won't ever buy a system based on my love for FF again, and more importantly, I will never buy a FF title on release or even within the first couple months again. In fact, IF Versus ever does make it out, I won't even try it until it hits the bargain bin in the USED games section.

did you play ff1-7?

>>>>>>  Funny enough, so was I.  I think the people who are the most pissed are the fans.  Shouldn't be that funny though considering we supported the developer for 20 years and it basically took a big dump on us...   more than once.

>>>>>>  No more insta-milk from me either.

The head of the company has been quoted as calling the profits from these games as "juice" so it's pretty clear we are all just walking dollar bills to the guy.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

OMFG this is epic!!

LMFAO jumping on my desk and ripping my shirt off!!

Best review ever!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by wizyear2099

did you play ff1-7?

I believe I mentioned 7 being the reason I bought the first Playstation, no?

And why would I have been so excited to buy a system just because of FFVII if I hadn't played the previous games first?

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

Hilarious review.

I'd like to see this guy do one for Mortal Online.

Please.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

There is a thread specifically for reviews stickied in this forum. Please post there. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.