Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The length of the Beta?

I was wondering if anyone knew how long the beta would last for DC-Universe online?

And if anyone else intended on purchasing the Pre-order for beta access

What does everyone think of this idea ?

Comments

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

I think we get to play beta until release (March?).  They'll probably shut down beta a week or so before release.

I like beta for pre-orders, we need more players

• michaelmnnmichaelmnn Member Posts: 39

Have you purchased the pre-order>?

But if so im deffintly going to buy it, I didn't want to spend 60 just so i can sit here and be pissed that im only gonna play for 3 weeks or so. 

Sorry for the dble post, just really trying to figure this out? Anyone?

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

i pre-ordered, but i did before they even announced the beta.

also, keep in mind some places like gamestop will refund your preorder if you decide you dont want it anymore. so you can preorder, get the beta, and if you absolutely hate the game you can get your money back.

also, if you do pre-order for the beta, keep in mind that it is beta. dont complain about it being buggy or glitchy. and the current beta appers to be the closed beta. NOT the pre-order beta as everyone who got emails have been saying they didnt pre-order.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

Yeah I didn't pre-order.  The initial invites sent out were for people who signed up for beta back in the day.  Pre-order invites haven't been sent out yet, but I'd imagine they will be sent out soon.

Well i could care less if its buggy hince (beta)

But i was just curious how long beta was suppose to be 

• DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Member UncommonPosts: 108

They have said in the press release right before they started the PRe order beta, and when they moved back the date, that if you pre order and register the pre order before nov 15th that you get to be in beta from time it starts which is around Nov 30 or so to when the game is released. But I would think they would shut it down for at least 3 or more days before release. And so far the est date of release is First Quarter of the year, so it could be as late as end of March.