Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn,What a real Diablo game should look like ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

From the makers of Titan Quest comes a arpg that actually looks more like a real Diablo 3 game. The game is in alpha but I must say the screenshots are looking mighty nice.

Link: http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

To me it looked more like a updated version of Guildwars than of Diablo.

But I have to agree that it looked pretty nice. :)

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

Looks a lot like Titan Quest to me.  I still don't see what everyone hates about D3 art direction....a game doesn't have to look grainy to be a dark action game. Just saying....

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

LOL that is quite a reaction. 

Chamber of Chains
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by theadamedge

Originally posted by Munkyman1

Viktor you fucking retard FUCK OFF AND GO KISS ARENANET'S ASS AND STOP RANTING ABOUT BLIZZARD YOU FANBOY RETARD                          

JUST FUCK OFF AND STOP COMPARING BLIZZARDS GAME WITH OTHER AND SAY "LOL DIS LEWKS LIEK TEH REAL TING OMG " 

TRUTH RAGE

WOOOOWWW!  How bout them Doplhins...image    

umad?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

Still laughing about this one!

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

From the makers of Titan Quest comes a arpg that actually looks more like a real Diablo 3 game. The game is in alpha but I must say the screenshots are looking mighty nice.

Link: http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php

That looks really nice. Thank for the info man.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• ChuvarHramaChuvarHrama Member UncommonPosts: 88

GW vs WoW again?  /facepalm

• TralakTralak Member Posts: 78

From the makers of

Titan Quest comes a arpg that actually looks more like a [ cheap shit copy] real Diablo 3 game. The[ Ps I am hate blizzard since mommy wouldnt let me play their expensive games!!!!]  game is in alpha but I must say the screenshots are looking mighty nice.

Link: www.Help_Viktor_Get_Money_Because_Mommy_Dont_ Let _him.com

But ... Im Ranting Since Mommy said im too ... well ... young to play diablo and WoW is so expensive mommy wouldnt let me play it!!!!! erm... now i play Guild Wars !!! ITS B2P !!!!!!!! BETTER THAN WOW !!!!1!!!11 IM A RITULAIST AND PWN IN PPVP LOL U RETARD NOBOS HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA I OWN AT PVP

titan quest have potential  :x  *hides*

• HADAGTAEDAHADAGTAEDA Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by ChuvarHrama

GW = Fail Game With 99% less content then wow and No chance of PVP unless Expansion

WoW = Grindfest 

rant

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Well, I just bought Titan Quest: Gold for 5 bucks. I'll play both games and let you know whether or not I think this will be good.

It's ironic, though... just bought Titan Quest, then this thread appears...

Edit: Rank 100/100. Guess MMORPG.com likes my new Imperial Fists theme.

• HADAGTAEDAHADAGTAEDA Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Comnitus

Well, I just bought Titan Quest: Gold for 5 bucks. I'll play both games and let you know whether or not I think this will be good.

Spam = MOAR BRAGGING AND NERD RAGE FROM ME !!!!!

rant

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

From the makers of

Titan Quest comes a [ Fail English An ARPG* kiddy.. ]arpg that actually looks more like a [ cheap shit copy] real Diablo 3 game. The[ Ps I am hate blizzard since mommy wouldnt let me play their expensive games!!!!]  game is in alpha but I must say the screenshots are looking mighty nice.

Link: www.Help_Viktor_Get_Money_Because_Mommy_Dont_ Let _him.com

But ... Im Ranting Since Mommy said im too ... well ... young to play diablo and WoW is so expensive mommy wouldnt let me play it!!!!! erm... now i play Guild Wars !!! ITS B2P !!!!!!!! BETTER THAN WOW !!!!1!!!11 IM A RITULAIST AND PWN IN PPVP LOL U RETARD NOBOS HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA I OWN AT PVP

Oh man, the irony of someone calling a company out for copying Blizzard? Blizzard wouldn't know an original idea of it slapped them in the face with a shovel. All they do is take other ideas and dumb them down for mass markets. At least Titan Quest had an original setting and story, unlike Diablo, even if both games were just click fests.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by ChuvarHrama

GW = Fail Game With 99% less content then wow and No chance of PVP unless Expansion

WoW = Grindfest 

Who said anything about Guild Wars. This is Grim Dawn. Now we understand why some mmo communities are the way they are. :)

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Maybe everyone should just continue playing Diablo II if it's that big of an issue. Or should they have a "pixelate" option so it looks like it's from the  '90s? Looks cool to me, but that's an opinion, much like yours, which means it's subjective and not really worth a crap. I predict it won't really matter come release. It will attract just as much as it repulses and I'll bet a few folks forget about the "OH NOES WTFBBQ11!!!!1" direction the art has taken and buy it.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's well worth the 5 bucks, TQ is way up there as one of the better games of the genre.

Once you've played through have a look at the mods for the game, there are loads of great ones out there.

• snappydoosnappydoo Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Kabaal

It's well worth the 5 bucks, TQ is way up there as one of the better games of the genre.

Once you've played through have a look at the mods for the game, there are loads of great ones out there.

That game was a grind fest. A boring grind fest,,,,diablo was a fun grind fest :P

• jfk35824jfk35824 Member Posts: 81

oh I dont know, "Grim Dawn" doesn't look all that bad, from what little we can see at this stage...Hell i think it looks pretty good...

Will i buy it? I would think about it...I dont *really* feel like a "Daiblo" style game right now, but that's b/c GW2 is coming and Champions Online is going f2p...in six months? a year? maybe....

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Diablo II I actually finished. Titan Quest after like a couple of hours I quit and then kept finding excuses never to log on again and finally faced the fact that the game was not really that great and I would probably not go back to it and uninstalled it much to my chagrin.

Chamber of Chains
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

WoW = Grindfest 

Hmm, Gw have over 3000 quests o you say Wow have 300 000 quests?

No miracle it is a grindfeast then....

But that is really the wrong topic here anyways. Diablo should look dark and grim, and while the screenshots from this game looks nice they are not dark and grim.

I am not really impressed from what I seen of D3 yet but I just seen some screens. Hopefully will the game follow the original masterpiece (which BTW had the same lead designer as GW). The dual X-bow class have me worried, that is the most retarded weapon set ever (how do you reload with both your hands busy, a single one with faster ROF is much better), besides the sword pistol of Final fantasy 8.

• snappydoosnappydoo Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Loke666

WoW = Grindfest 

Hmm, Gw have over 3000 quests o you say Wow have 300 000 quests?

No miracle it is a grindfeast then....

But that is really the wrong topic here anyways. Diablo should look dark and grim, and while the screenshots from this game looks nice they are not dark and grim.

I am not really impressed from what I seen of D3 yet but I just seen some screens. Hopefully will the game follow the original masterpiece (which BTW had the same lead designer as GW). The dual X-bow class have me worried, that is the most retarded weapon set ever (how do you reload with both your hands busy, a single one with faster ROF is much better), besides the sword pistol of Final fantasy 8.

Well Diablo 2 was not that dark and grim. I remember seeing the trailer for D2. It was epic. It was scaary. But then the game came out and the in-game graphics were hmmm :D And Blizzard North created D2.

I mean look at the preview >

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

There are some very angry people in this thread!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

LOL speaking of Deathspank. Deathspank is just as dark as Diablo 3.

Link: http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/084/084414/imgs_2.html