Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Star Trek Infinite Space Cinematic Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gameforge has released the first cinematic trailer from its upcoming free to play browser MMO, Star Trek: Infinite Space. The trailer features a virtual armada of Star Fleet ships and space combat. It is, of course, a cinematic and not game play footage but it is impressive. Check it out!

Click the image below to watch the trailer.

Star Trek: Infinite Space is due to be released in the summer of 2011. Find out more at the official site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

wow this might be 100 times better then STO from cryptic...even played in a browser...

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

LOL, was gona say the same thing, the cinematic alone outweights STO's entire marketing budget. Will keep an eye on this game, may be the first F2P game i ever play heh.

• VampyreAkuraVampyreAkura Member UncommonPosts: 5

WOW im liking what im seeing. As i havent found any good ftp star trec mmos out there. i really hope this one wont disappoint me

• an0maly33an0maly33 Member Posts: 42

Signup button says you need to send a copy of drivers license or passport?  Anyone else feel a little apprehensive about that?

• unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by an0maly33

Signup button says you need to send a copy of drivers license or passport?  Anyone else feel a little apprehensive about that?

Likely the company has a lawyer that doesn't really know much about games.  Validation of the person for an NDA in the business world is rather common.  However, I do think upper management of the group should have caught that ahead of time and explained the reality of gaming to that lawyer.  I definitely wouldn't send a copy of my DL or passport to play a game myself.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Well, either it is a mistake or a trap...

But don't send them any copies, not a good idea...

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

Originally posted by Loke666

Well, either it is a mistake or a trap...

But don't send them any copies, not a good idea...

I sent an email to the guy that posted the sign-up notice on their forums and voiced my concern.  We'll see what he says (if anything)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Sounds like another ST game based around combat and war. Prepare for round two.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

That is PMI and is ileagal for them to ask for.  So no they are not getting it.  I went ahead and signed up.  But they are not getting my DL, my passport.

The only folks who need that are the folks I work for.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by Besttheiswow

wow this might be 100 times better then STO from cryptic...even played in a browser...

Given that you don't have to buy the game or pay a sub fee it certainly couldn't be worse.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Malickie

Sounds like another ST game based around combat and war. Prepare for round two.

Yes it looks like full out war, Hoever the graphics look much better.  I am willing to look at it in hopes that it will be beter than that hunk of junk that cryptic calls a game.

• KinjiruKinjiru Member Posts: 25

Well, it looks pretty, but with two caveats: One, it's been stated that it's a cinematic, not a gameplay trailer and two, the music couldn't have sounded less like Star Trek.

But the ships all look nice. I guess we'll have to wait to be disappointed again, errr, I mean see what it's going to really be like.

• KinjiruKinjiru Member Posts: 25

Side note: Did anybody else notice that they too made the Klingons the "enemy"?

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

My quess is: It will be browser-based strategy game, with a lot of menus and 2D map.

Originally posted by Vrika

My quess is: It will be browser-based strategy game, with a lot of menus and 2D map.

Nope - uses Unity (think flash, but built specifically for 3D games)

Go check it out, there are a lot of Unity games and demos out there.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Lets hope they don't butcher the IP as badly as Cryptic managed.  But that was a nice video, lets see what develops.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Anyone can make a nice cinematic. *shrug*

Well, let's see how that gets.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

Where are the shields? This is Star Trek not Star Wars.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I just signed up and they didnt ask me for either of those just my name,nickname,email,country and pc specs,maybe they just changed it or something.

• boincmanboincman Member Posts: 99

To be honest, it looks like it was done using the STO engine with a lot of overlays.  Not a lot new here, must look elsewhere.

Originally posted by Asheram

I just signed up and they didnt ask me for either of those just my name,nickname,email,country and pc specs,maybe they just changed it or something.

If you read closely, it says *if selected* you will need to provide ID.  I've been emailing back and forth with someone from the company about it.

• b003b003 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Nice trailer, I hope the game is this good.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Asheram

If you read closely, it says *if selected* you will need to provide ID.  I've been emailing back and forth with someone from the company about it.

Oh hehe yea I didnt really read that 1st paragraph,if it was on form to br filled out I would have stopped and said no way hehe,so I guess it is a no way for me now unless they change that req.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Wait what is this? I have never heard of this before.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon