Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the open beta still going?

laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Thought about doing the open beta a week ago, but was a bit busy.

Is the open beta still going on?  if so anyone know when it'll close?

Comments

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

Yes the open beta is still going, and the end has not been announced yet.

• ellisdtrailsellisdtrails Member Posts: 84

Just tried the open beta. The Game needs a lot of work before even thinking of charging a subscription fee.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by ellisdtrails

Just tried the open beta. The Game needs a lot of work before even thinking of charging a subscription fee.

In your opinion. If the game releases now, it would be one of the better releases based on the beta.. imho. Beta plays like a released game and yes there are issues but none that are really game breaking. They need to change and add stuff true, but I've yet to play a single mmo where this wasn't the case on release.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

Originally posted by mrw0lf

In your opinion. If the game releases now, it would be one of the better releases based on the beta. Beta plays like the game and yes there are issues but none that are really game breaking. They need to change and add stuff true, but I've yet to play a single mmo where this wasn't the case on release.

really opinion?

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

So excluding any time you played before your first crash of the day and after the last:-

On the 25th you played for at least 7 hours and crashed 3 times

on the 26th 2 hours minimum played 2 crashes

28th at least 10 hours 20 mins with 3 crashes

30th 1 crash unknown time played

31st 2 crashes in at least 3 hours.

Now I'll be the first to say 1 crash is too many but it hardly seems excessive to me. To state that the game doesn't warrant a sub because of it would be opinion. For the amount of game time you are getting in there for the crashes I'd be happy for the breaks tbh, go get a drink while rebooting, wouldn't bother me at all.

The cash shop on the other hand that for me is a game ender, but thats my opinion.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248

Ive only crashed once since I started playing the beta a week ago.  But the game does need work, and Im willing to put my pre-order down (if they ever re-open preorders) as I have high expectations for this game and what they may be able to do in the future.

• LufangaLufanga Member Posts: 28

In your opinion. If the game releases now, it would be one of the better releases based on the beta. Beta plays like the game and yes there are issues but none that are really game breaking. They need to change and add stuff true, but I've yet to play a single mmo where this wasn't the case on release.

really opinion?

maybe its time to clean up a system :)
    i play a week now and i have 2 crashes - and after crash u can very fast return to game - so its not that problem anyway

In your opinion. If the game releases now, it would be one of the better releases based on the beta.. imho. Beta plays like a released game and yes there are issues but none that are really game breaking. They need to change and add stuff true, but I've yet to play a single mmo where this wasn't the case on release.

agree
    i played alot of betas and this one i feel like it was finished game
    or true beta

lately developers call their game beta status but they should be called alpha

of course im talking about starting content of Perpetuum
    im not sure how its going to be later
    there was also many betas that on beginning all seems fine but when u advance there was a mess ;)

• I never crashed in perpetuum, didnt play alot still but everything runs smooth even in my laptop.

When a game crashes doesnt mean its the games fault..most times is the pc configuration, too mutch pron download along with junk software..

Sorry to inform you all. it's not my system. I know that it the "standard answer" -to blame the user, but in this case, it's wrong.

• Originally posted by ellisdtrails

This game is more ready to release then any other mmo released in the last coupe of years...and thats a fact.

Originally posted by Arachneus1

Im willing to put my pre-order down (if they ever re-open preorders)

We're working very hard on that :)

Originally posted by dorianyates

This game is more ready to release then any other mmo released in the last coupe of years...and thats a fact.

There are quite a few memory leaks in the game. I wouldn't state it is ready as fact.

really opinion?

I hope you sent in those crash reports as otherwise we won't be able to have a look at them.

Originally posted by BoyC

I hope you sent in those crash reports as otherwise we won't be able to have a look at them.

If the game client was working as it should, they were sent. I wasn't monitoring my bandwidth at the time (of crashes) so I don't know if they were.

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

The game is ready to launch, get it up and live. The devs can tweak and improve on route.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I've never crashed and I've run it on a piece o excrement laptop that shouldnt have enough ram to run it. Runs with all graphics turned up on my desktop granted, but still was able to play on the craptop.

But yes open beta is still going. I for one think they should solidify a few more features (e.g. terraforming), but game is already fun which is more than can be said for some AAA games released.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I've been playing for a week or so and have had no crashes.  The sound gets a little choppy, that's it.  Otherwise no apparent bugs or crashes that I've seen.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.