Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My first dungeon experience and benefits of mature community

SynorinSynorin Member CommonPosts: 21

I started to try this game out and I'm having a quite good experience so far. And I tried the first dungeon in the game which is 'Black Castle' and I must say it was a great experience.

All six were new players doing the dungeon for the first time. And it was a hard one. But we kept trying, used different tactics and we did it in 4 hours. And everyone was just trying , no whining no giving up just trying. That was something I missed for a long time in MMO's. I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Comments

• I remember my first run in black castle too, it really was one to remember, glad you liked it :)

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271

I'd say, at least for me, the best part of Age of Conan (and Anarchy Online for that matter) is the dungeons...Funcom just knows how to make things challenging without being impossible.  You'll love the majority of the dungeons in AoC.  Some suck, but most are great fun...you can't get it right everytime.

The only reason I dont play the game is because I wanted to be a Tank and made a guard...guard without gear is not fun.  You can go pole spec, but you get sliced up like bread...you can go sword and board, but you'll end up never being able to hold aggro...it was too frustrating...I do have a barb though and Im planning to re-up my sub in the next few weeks.

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

Well i loved that dungeon but my first experience got ruined.  I was with a group of all low level 30's and one of the guys decided to jump on his 80 and run us through it.  So basically i watched an 80 do all the work which sucked and took the fun out of it and then i found out that is basically what happens on most all the dungeon in this game now. 

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271

yeah, that sucks...I been playing on and off since the beginning and in the beginning everything was new to everyone, so black castle was awesome and trying to get through it was REALLY tough...

But yeah, nowadays seems like if you aren't getting run through an instance in AoC, you arent going to do it cuz nobody wants to run it for real. 

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

The dungeons are awesome in this game...from Black Castle and Sanctum all the way up to the endgame raids.....Atzel's is long as hell, but it's still fun regardless.  When I quit a couple months back it seemed as if everyone was still into actually making their way through the dungeons and not just getting run through them by 80's....but that was a few months ago.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

The dungeons are great fun, yes. Looks like you had a good group, Black Castle is a great 1st dungeon to do, yes image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

Originally posted by flguy147
    Well i loved that dungeon but my first experience got ruined.  I was with a group of all low level 30's and one of the guys decided to jump on his 80 and run us through it.  So basically i watched an 80 do all the work which sucked and took the fun out of it and then i found out that is basically what happens on most all the dungeon in this game now. 

Same thing I found , nobody runs the dungeons and if they do it's with an 80. Good luck getting groups because most people just whine to there guild and get an 80 to power lev them through.
    Than once you hit 80 those same people are waiting there with a level 80 alt of every class to screw you out of gear every step you take. Worse community Ive ever seen in any MMO by far.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

Originally posted by Deleted User

Originally posted by flguy147

Same thing I found , nobody runs the dungeons and if they do it's with an 80. Good luck getting groups because most people just whine to there guild and get an 80 to power lev them through.

Than once you hit 80 those same people are waiting there with a level 80 alt of every class to screw you out of gear every step you take. Worse community Ive ever seen in any MMO by far.

Tell me about it.  I came back about 6-8 months before the expansion came out, it was when Funcom was doing a big marketing push.  My character was still early 30s and was doing some quests.  Noticed another player doing quests in the same area but running into trouble - so I offered to help.  We ended up running through the rest of the quest line together over the course of a couple hours.  A really really nice axe dropped - would've made a nice upgrade for me.  The player suggested we wait till we finish before swapping loot.  Well, once we finished, he ran off.  He later told me that one of his guildies could use it for an alt.  Too bad players don't drop inventory in pvp, otherwise I would've gotten my sword back.

Logged out and quit. 

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

To the the OP, I really enjoyed Black Castle as a dungeon as well. The community quality varies a lot by server type in AoC. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Tell me about it.  I came back about 6-8 months before the expansion came out, it was when Funcom was doing a big marketing push.  My character was still early 30s and was doing some quests.  Noticed another player doing quests in the same area but running into trouble - so I offered to help.  We ended up running through the rest of the quest line together over the course of a couple hours.  A really really nice axe dropped - would've made a nice upgrade for me.  The player suggested we wait till we finish before swapping loot.  Well, once we finished, he ran off.  He later told me that one of his guildies could use it for an alt.  Too bad players don't drop inventory in pvp, otherwise I would've gotten my sword back.

Logged out and quit. 

so you quit the game because some random dude ninja looted your level 30 axe?

LMAO

too funy, you have no idea how lame that sounds.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

Actually - I quit because I despite the fact that I stalked him and eventually killed him, all I got was some exp and coin.  WOOP - DE - DOO.  I wanted that sword lol.  Whats the point of a pvp server if the sole reward is pvp exp, coin, and bragging rights?  This is Conan for crying out loud.  I wanted my sword, my revenge.  Lame? Yeah, probably.  I will admit to rage quiting.

However, I quit and went back to Seige on UO.  PvP with actual consequences.

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

There are bad players in any game.  I have run across them in almost every game I've played.  Here is my plan.  Report them to the game manager and try to figure out how to legally get even.