Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flurry vs Starsider

damkardamkar Member Posts: 83

I am returning to SWG. I haven't been on for years. I have toons on a really low-pop server. Deciding whether to pay for transfer to Flurry vs Starsider. Starside is highest pop server par all. Flurry I believe is medium. Any one playing SWG currently has any ideas on what be the best long-term choice? Things I am considering. Starsider will always have the largest population, so no worries about having to move again later. Con is that it is too populated, so I may not have much room to build houses, or find use for my trader wares. Flurry is good sized server (or I think it is), but it good see a low-drop fast like it happened to other servers.

Comments

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

I called Flurry home for many years, but I wouldn't even think twice about this one...Starsider. Why risk playing on Flurry when you know Starsider will be there?

Read

• Recon48Recon48 Member UncommonPosts: 218

Still, the transfer cost is ridiculous.  

• PalatinePalatine Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Recon48

Still, the transfer cost is ridiculous.  

I agree. I would possibly play SWG again, but the cheek of paying for a server transfer is just too much to swallow. I mean they messed up the game i love, why not have free transfers???

I was on Ahazi and its dead, once it was thriving. :(

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

I know Flurry is said to be the 2nd or 3rd most populated Server now...But honestly the last time I re-subbed for a Month Starsider was hopping and Flurry was dead...I was actually kind of surprised seeing as though I had heard Flurry was still OK, and no question that was my Home Server...Come to find out quite a few folks I played with on Flurry had already transfered over to Starsider...

I'm not saying I have any idea how it is right now...But Flurry seemed awful dead just a few months ago...And Starsider was REAL busy...image

• sentry13sentry13 Member Posts: 115

Definitely Starsider, flurry may be #2 but the gap is huge.  I think the transfer fee is down to $25 now instead of $50, its still a rip if your talking about characters that are on a closed server though.

• NerrocNerroc Member Posts: 6

LagSider? No thanks.

Flurry has got plenty of population for whatever you're looking for.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Last time I played, Flurry was dropping very rapidly. As already said, there's a huge gap between #2 and #1.