Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People raided ICC for over a year. My bet Cata will be the same

2»

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by yoyoyoblaka

You are right in this point, I remember raiding the original Naxx 40 man when BC expansion gear was announced, and my guild pretty much stopped because everyone was like "why would we keep raiding when the gear will be irrelevant, and we can get better gear through expansion quests". 

But hey when an expansion first comes out gear does matter, it's only way down the road that it doesn't. But like my point before theres a fine line between trying to be fair to people who started from the beginning and people who join late and try and catch up. I personally believe that giving people an easy chance to catch up is a better idea. 

- To many elitist wouldn't even give people that don't have the gear a chance to play with them. 

Those people are weak!

Really, you don't raid for the gear. You raid for the accomplishment of having completed something difficult. At least I do. Gear is really just a side effect of raiding. It lowers the difficulty as your raid group gets more and more gear until you are able to complete the content. The gear, at least to me and many others, was never the point. Some players make it the point because... well, some people like shit and some people like doing shit.

In vanilla WoW, our guild started raiding a little late. But we continued to raid all the way up to the BC expansion release. We got our first Neff kill a week before Burning Crusade went live. Hurray!! 

Nobody cared that the gear would be replaced quickly in Outland. We just wanted to down that sucker!!

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

i freaking love mmorpg

"i played wow for 5 years and found out its not for me".... damn bro´s. some are slower than me with their learning. 

most of you will as well pay for this exp pack. but that is not cool to say here 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• MilliecakeMilliecake Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by Ceridith

I've played WoW since release, having raided through the various raid tiers over each expansion. I quit several months ago after clearing ICC and finding it entirely too boring.

I didn't ~just~ raid. I PvPed, rolled several alts -- I have 80's of each class, RPd, etc. The problem with the game though, is that there's entirely too much emphasis on gear. It's the only thing to work towards once you hit 80. And don't say achievements, I don't consider performing inane tasks to get virtual checkmarks as actual content, and neither do a lot of other people.

WoW is built around progression, particularly around gear progression. Yet, they've made their raid progression irrelevent in their crusade to make the game overly accessible by making 'catching up' far too easy.

Cata will solve the boredom issue for a couple of months at least. Raiding progression as we knew it is dead in WoW, one of the reasons for lack of content...because raiding is content for all now. And yes dungeons will last longer, because not only will you need to clear it on normal to get to hard modes to clear it all again, but you'll have the fun of gating stopping you from going any further even if you do manage to beat those encounters.

Good raiders will get penalised, bad players or those who aren't all that fussed about raiding will have more than enough content. And once it gets too hard, it's ok just farm more heroics for gear and skip to the next tier as it's released.

My advice, either wait for the next tier release to see where Blizz is heading with raids, or start looking at other games :)

• zeetherotzeetherot Member Posts: 4

now this was a fun read, carry on.

• worldspin85worldspin85 Member Posts: 187

it will all be the same i would recommend to jump ship try somthing new for lords sake such as Darkfall with a free trial u cant go wrong to try something new for once in ur lives

• ArnstrongArnstrong Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by worldspin85

it will all be the same i would recommend to jump ship try somthing new for lords sake such as Darkfall with a free trial u cant go wrong to try something new for once in ur lives

I am sorry but we - WOW veterans - already tried those other "products" in the last 4 years or so.

It just burned a hole in our money pockets. That's it.

I have no idea why this post was deleted, but I type them again if you'd want to mods.

• glim3merglim3mer Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by colddog04

Those people are weak!

Really, you don't raid for the gear. You raid for the accomplishment of having completed something difficult. At least I do. Gear is really just a side effect of raiding. It lowers the difficulty as your raid group gets more and more gear until you are able to complete the content. The gear, at least to me and many others, was never the point. Some players make it the point because... well, some people like shit and some people like doing shit.

With that said, how many times can you kill the Lick King before you finally feel like it's not really an accomplishment any more? Same goes with all raids, how many times do you have to clear them before you start telling yourself "You know what, this is getting old".

There's no sense of accomplishment past the first time you clear it. Every other time, is just a loot run.