Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the new expansion of Aion.

acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

First thing, I played Aion before for just a month(my free 30days), and I quited because my brother, who is in a different country, has a hard time playing this game due to his ISP(very laggy). So we decided to play a different game, SUN Online, RoM, etc. And now that he stopped with playing with me because he just got promoted from his job there and has litttle time playing, I decided to play Aion again. I was lvl35 Glad from Fr or something(forgot what it was buy it started with FR) and I'm thinking of making a new character, probably Ranger or Chanter.

Question: If I buy the expansion of Aion, which is Assault on Balaurea, do I get a free 30days trial with it? If not then I would buy the Game Card or use my credit card. And one more question, If I buy the Assault on Balaurea, do I get an access code as well to make a new account? Thanks in advance guys.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

The expansion is free so you do not have to buy anything.  Just resub with your old account and you'll have everything.  Enjoy.

Steam: Neph

• KanuvaniKanuvani Member Posts: 33

Balaurea is free!

beaten to it

• acerpg007acerpg007 Member Posts: 164

Oh really? then why are they selling it as an Expansion in BestBuy, Walmart, etc?

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu, Art of War

• MrSebMrSeb Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by acerpg007

Oh really? then why are they selling it as an Expansion in BestBuy, Walmart, etc?

Yeah really.. If you buy the "expansion" youll get the whole game which is Aion + Expansion for the same price as the original game.. So if you already own it youll just upgrade as you logg in since you have already paid

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Because if you are a brand new player you would pick up the box with the original game plus expansion included.  If you already have the game though you resub and the expansion is free. 

Steam: Neph

Originally posted by Nephaerius

Because if you are a brand new player you would pick up the box with the original game plus expansion included.  If you already have the game though you resub and the expansion is free. 

And I get another access code right? I have a younger brother who wants to play this game too, though he has little playing time cause he's a Football player at his HS School.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

And I get another access code right? I have a younger brother who wants to play this game too, though he has little playing time cause he's a Football player at his HS School.

All they did was stop selling the original Aion game and replace all of them with the expansion.  So yes your brother would setup a new account for aion and get a unique code for that account with his copy.   Also note that the balaurea retail copy comes with an additional pet that gives 12 inv spaces as well which is nice. 

Originally posted by Shatter30

All they did was stop selling the original Aion game and replace all of them with the expansion.  So yes your brother would setup a new account for aion and get a unique code for that account with his copy.   Also note that the balaurea retail copy comes with an additional pet that gives 12 inv spaces as well which is nice. 

Nice, thanks!

• ArcsolArcsol Member UncommonPosts: 67

sweet, i thought id have to buy the exp, lol downloading it now after qutting for like 10months

Originally posted by Arcsol

sweet, i thought id have to buy the exp, lol downloading it now after qutting for like 10months

Me, since it was released then just used my 30days free then stopped. So probably a year now, just resub the other day and rerolled to a Chanter and I'm now lvl20(i play only 3-5hrs a day).. The exp is faster now.