Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Real Price

1234568»

Comments

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

Comparing apples to bananas proves nothing.

I can only say what I think when I see a game with item shops: These guys, the gaming company, are not beeing honest with me, trying to hide the real price - How can I trust them ?.

Think others posts cover the rest of the argumentation so I wont bother repeating.

• RobertDinhRobertDinh Member Posts: 647

Originally posted by kjempff

Comparing apples to bananas proves nothing.

I can only say what I think when I see a game with item shops: These guys, the gaming company, are not beeing honest with me, trying to hide the real price - How can I trust them ?.

Think others posts cover the rest of the argumentation so I wont bother repeating.

Personally when I see item shops, it gives me a good feel as to what kind of game the devs are trying to make. 

Blizzard has a store, they have for a long time, but the way they use micro transactions is slightly different than your f2p asian mmos that literally have shops full of items.  The only actual items blizz sells are pets and mounts.  But blizz is greedy, we all know that, so their intentions are not obscured. 

GW2's item shop is starting to feel like it's going to shape up to be similar to games like league of legends.