Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wait for Ps3 Release or no ?

DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

I've been playing FFXIV  since its release I have alot of hope for this game it gives  me the feel that I like in mmos similar to ffxi but I agree with most of the reveiws because I still havent figured out how to play my class the conjurer well Its like I need to break open an encyclopedia on every single thing in this game plus the town that I'm in dosent feel the alive feel that the towns im ffxiv did.  I could make a big huge list on the things I think should change but you all know this already!

So my main question is this will the ps3 version have the same servers as the pc version? and will alot of the things that need to be added be there when ps3 version releases because I think I'm going to quit and get it on the ps3 version when it releases.

Comments

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Originally posted by Datcyde

I've been playing FFXIV  since its release I have alot of hope for this game it gives  me the feel that I like in mmos similar to ffxi but I agree with most of the reveiws because I still havent figured out how to play my class the conjurer well Its like I need to break open an encyclopedia on every single thing in this game plus the town that I'm in dosent feel the alive feel that the towns im ffxiv did.  I could make a big huge list on the things I think should change but you all know this already!

So my main question is this will the ps3 version have the same servers as the pc version? and will alot of the things that need to be added be there when ps3 version releases because I think I'm going to quit and get it on the ps3 version when it releases.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c07a85c2f170a53057f5a39f56e6fc02b03b1184

Upcoming version updates.

One of your encyclopedia articles.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=e4fcac48d0f8438c429f49b7a9b1ec6c2f1e02cb

Another.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=29c4026362c3cb8add98892a8b84d9ed371bd789

Seriously though, reading does actually help in this game. There is a TON of info on every class and ability all over the place now, but you do have to WANT to look for it. As for the same servers on PS3 release, yes. Are they going to fill you in on all the info then without you going and reading it yourself, probably not. So I wouldnt expect that to change much if thats what your hoping for.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

I think waiting for the PS3 release is a good idea.

It'll be optimized to work on the system and will have the content it needed at launch in it. The longer it takes the better. I'd say the economy would be wrecked, but it couldn't be worse than it is now.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Originally posted by Kaocan

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c07a85c2f170a53057f5a39f56e6fc02b03b1184

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=e4fcac48d0f8438c429f49b7a9b1ec6c2f1e02cb

Another.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=29c4026362c3cb8add98892a8b84d9ed371bd789

Seriously though, reading does actually help in this game. There is a TON of info on every class and ability all over the place now, but you do have to WANT to look for it. As for the same servers on PS3 release, yes. Are they going to fill you in on all the info then without you going and reading it yourself, probably not. So I wouldnt expect that to change much if thats what your hoping for.

Thats a good link there  maybe you could answer me this I press tab to target mob then press 2 to select spell but then I cant just press 2 to use the spell I always have to left cick the mouse exactly on the mob it gets so frustrating I know theres a better way to do it ive seen lots of videos for conjurers.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Another.

Thats a good link there  maybe you could answer me this I press tab to target mob then press 2 to select spell but then I cant just press 2 to use the spell I always have to left cick the mouse exactly on the mob it gets so frustrating I know theres a better way to do it ive seen lots of videos for conjurers.

If you already have the mob you want to cast on targeted, then pressing Enter after selecting the spell should be default be targeted on to him.

Casting for me is usually 2->enter->enter(AE confirm), unless your fighting multiple mobs or need to heal someone then you shouldn't need to click/tab for a target on the 2nd command

Not sure if this helps any 

Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Another.

If you already have the mob you want to cast on targeted, then pressing Enter after selecting the spell should be default be targeted on to him.

Casting for me is usually 2->enter->enter(AE confirm), unless your fighting multiple mobs or need to heal someone then you shouldn't need to click/tab for a target on the 2nd command

Not sure if this helps any 

That is one way of doing it yes, the other is by macro. I dont personally do the macro route just because I dont find the 'enter' through to be an issue. Some in my linkshell do though. The Enter is caused by the AoE option on all the spells, allowing you to select on each cast if you want to go single target or AoE (change on the fly in combat if you will as circumstances change - ie. goat wandering in). I'm sure someone who has built the macro for this bypass can join in here and give you the context of it. I know its a simple one liner, I just dont ever use it.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

"Currently, we are focusing on addressing the issues about which players have been most vocal, and are pleased to announce several key changes set to be implemented as soon as next month."

And that is why people bitching and flaming on the forums is helpful. Granted, they could be nicer about it, but you're better off asking for world peace.

Still not interested in ff14, but I'm really happy they're attacking these issues. I'm pleasantly surprised they're so quick to do it, too. I see no reason why it shouldn't eventually evolve into a decent MMO.

Good luck to the people sticking with it.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

"Currently, we are focusing on addressing the issues about which players have been most vocal, and are pleased to announce several key changes set to be implemented as soon as next month."

And that is why people bitching and flaming on the forums is helpful. Granted, they could be nicer about it, but you're better off asking for world peace.

Still not interested in ff14, but I'm really happy they're attacking these issues. I'm pleasantly surprised they're so quick to do it, too. I see no reason why it shouldn't eventually evolve into a decent MMO.

I think that's what beta testing is for.

Really the biggest problem was releasing without addressing these concerns. I wanted to love this game, and I sitll may. But I'm not paying to play it any time soon.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Yeah, it would be a good idea to wait until PS3 release.  The game should be in much better shape by then.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Will the servers for ps3 be the same as the pc server ?

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Will the servers for ps3 be the same as the pc server ?

Yes.

Originally posted by theartist

Really the biggest problem was releasing without addressing these concerns. I wanted to love this game, and I sitll may. But I'm not paying to play it any time soon.

Actually, nobody is currently paying to play this game. Sure we payed for the box, but have a 60 day free run on it. If you look at it your way, we are in BETA still with our pre-order boxes on our shelf. We wont be paying for this game until the 1st of December. Sure they got our box money already, but I'm sure by the 1st of December I'll have gotten my value out of that.

Originally posted by theartist

Actually, nobody is currently paying to play this game. Sure we payed for the box, but have a 60 day free run on it. If you look at it your way, we are in BETA still with our pre-order boxes on our shelf. We wont be paying for this game until the 1st of December. Sure they got our box money already, but I'm sure by the 1st of December I'll have gotten my value out of that.

Actually, I won't be paying to play this game. 60 days to wait for content is still 60 days without content. When Dec 1st rolls around, my statement is hardly falsifiable, they will have failed to receive a monthly fee from me. They may earn it again when they're out of this beta and rushed stage of production.

They're genius to get idiots to pay for an incomplete game early. But I'll totally admit egg-on-me for being dumb enough to preorder.

So long, let's back up from under the troll bridge, story short; even with the PS3 version I wouldn't preorder and keep an ear out on reviews to see if anything has really changed. I think the biggest issue for the console would be macro management, but hopefully they'll have simplified the system by then.

• MagicBubbleMagicBubble Member Posts: 20

In my opinion, wait until the PS3 release and read the "new" reviews before you go ahead and purchase the ps3 version.  Many of us just learned this expensive lesson with the PC release.

SE is going to be spending their time over the next months making fundamental fixes to the game (as outlined by them).  Given this,   I wouldnt expext to see any substantial amount of actual game content for at least another 6 months to a year. 

You will probably be able to determine when the game is actually playable and fun by reading forums and keeping updated with game changes as posted on the lodestone - until then, dont drop any more money.