Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FireFall: shooter with and mmo twist

RaXavier69RaXavier69 Member UncommonPosts: 48

to begin i have to say im quite surprised that Firefall is not on mmorpgs game list. This game looks like it will do what tabula rasa and huxley couldnt, and will most likely surpass them by miles!

here is the description i added to my site for the game: (used same firefall dragox logo i used on my site; the red dragon is added on my site to identify the dx division)

Firefall is a futuristic team-based third/first-person shooter which will incorporate some MMORPG element such as item gathering, leveling, character based skills, professions, and perhaps weapon upgrades/accessories. Much of these MMORPG elements are still unknown officially. Players can expect a glorious open world which can be shared with a large amount of other players, how closely this will resemble the MMO world we currently know is still very vague. Firefall will also have a rich competitive multiplayer component incorporating built-in features such as clan support, ladders, tournaments and stats.

The game takes place in the future, 2233, after the “Crystite Wars” when humanity is confronted by the “Melding”; which is supposed to be the shadowy, dark cloud in one of the videos. Other than that you have your common earth units you can fight and other players, or rather fractions. It seems that towns can be taken by other factions if left unprotected, no official word as far as I can see on this. One of the main things players will fight for is Crystite, which is a substantial energy source discovered by humanity in the events leading up to Firefall; still to be explained in the coming lure. These Crystite’s may be mined from Crystite Deposits with the aid of a Thumper, as seen in gameplay videos (not sure if it’s a skill based or general item).

Although still shrouded in mystery, we can expect player gear such as armor. The core of characters armor is called “Battleframe”; this determines your class and combat role. Thus far, only 2 class are known; Assault and Medic. Other items that we can be expecting are Backpacks, weapons, and vehicles. 

CHECK IT OUT AT http://www.firefallthegame.com/

Fan Kit:  http://www.firefallthegame.com/forums/showthread.php?493-Fan-Site-Kit

and mmorpg staff think you should add this :) asap!

come on fellow gamers get the ball rolling, 

here are some videos ( as posted by CP Xeros on FF)

[size=12pt][u][b]The Lowdown [/b][/u][/size][center][img]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9852/dxff.png[/img][/center]

[size=12pt][u][b]The Lowdown [/b][/u][/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wKw9AGX3bs - Firefall Intro Cinematic 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41fBdFZ2_Lc - Red 5 Studios recruitment video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-CdQmxH96M - PAX Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvGdLsUO8M - PAX Gameplay w/ Commentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMk3UKICG8 - PAX Weapons Walkthrough (Part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEVq9JuQxgg - PAX Weapons Walkthrough (Part 2)

Firefall is a futuristic team-based third/first-person shooter which will incorporate some MMORPG element such as item gathering, leveling, character based skills, professions, and perhaps weapon upgrades/accessories. Much of these MMORPG elements are still unknown officially. Players can expect a glorious open world which can be shared with a large amount of other players, how closely this will resemble the MMO world we currently know is still very vague. Firefall will also have a rich competitive multiplayer component incorporating built-in features such as clan support, ladders, tournaments and stats.

The game takes place in the future, 2233, after the “Crystite Wars” when humanity is confronted by the “Melding”; which is supposed to be the shadowy, dark cloud in one of the videos. Other than that you have your common earth units you can fight and other players, or rather fractions. It seems that towns can be taken by other factions if left unprotected, no official word as far as I can see on this. One of the main things players will fight for is Crystite, which is a substantial energy source discovered by humanity in the events leading up to Firefall; still to be explained in the coming lure. These Crystite’s may be mined from Crystite Deposits with the aid of a Thumper, as seen in gameplay videos (not sure if it’s a skill based or general item).

Although still shrouded in mystery, we can expect player gear such as armor. The core of characters armor is called “Battleframe”; this determines your class and combat role. Thus far, only 2 class are known; Assault and Medic. Other items we can be expected are Backpacks, weapons, and vehicles. 

Although still shrouded in mystery, we can expect player gear such as armor. The core of characters armor is called “Battleframe”; this determines your class and combat role. Thus far, only 2 class are known; Assault and Medic. Other items we can be expected are Backpacks, weapons, and vehicles. 

[size=12pt][u][b]Links [/b][/u][/size]

[list]

[/list]

[center][i]If you have additional information not found here please let me know, thanks[/i] .[/center]

[list]

[/list]

[center][i]If you have additional information not found here please let me know, thanks[/i] .[/center]

[list]

[/list]

[list]

[/list]

[list]

[/list]

[list]

[/list]

Comments

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

/bump :)

This needs listing! maybe an interview with some devs or something i wanna know how these guys plan to break the mmofps curse lol.

I saw the the gameplay footage on massively a while back and it looks promising.

• RaXavier69RaXavier69 Member UncommonPosts: 48

i mean the staff is usually all over this, weird. huxley was on here back when it was still from webzen. The team is usually so... i mean both you guys went to pax? bad luck or something? just missed each other?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Judging by the video ,it looks too cheap to bother with.The players and weapons detail look reallow quality,so it does not allow players to feel good about themselves or their equipment.

The surrounding also look vey cheap,this really looks like a browser based game,sometimes games out of the blue can at least garner my interest enough to try it out,this game i will not even give a try[beta]

To be honest ,it almost looks like some cheap Halo copy from years ago and they are panning it off as something new.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Its funny how you cant make a futuristic shooter w/o someone calling it a halo clone must be like how every fantasy game out is a wow clone(not saying they are myself but you know what I mean).

The game looks like a mix of borderlands and global agenda.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Judging by the video ,it looks too cheap to bother with.The players and weapons detail look reallow quality,so it does not allow players to feel good about themselves or their equipment.

The surrounding also look vey cheap,this really looks like a browser based game,sometimes games out of the blue can at least garner my interest enough to try it out,this game i will not even give a try[beta]

To be honest ,it almost looks like some cheap Halo copy from years ago and they are panning it off as something new.

really... 

come on, you did not just say that. You do realize there are different types of rendering. No every game tried to make it look real, skin and so on. Its a game! its for fun, if you really want to experience running, jumping, and so on...... its called a door, step through it... ooh :P

just messing with you, its their style and i find it quite refreshing. bit cartoonish but i like it, every other shooter out their is the same texturing over and over. but thats my five cents...

Originally posted by Asheram

Its funny how you cant make a futuristic shooter w/o someone calling it a halo clone must be like how every fantasy game out is a wow clone(not saying they are myself but you know what I mean).

The game looks like a mix of borderlands and global agenda.

totally agree, although i think halo is a cs clone :P just added some nice stuff. And not wow but warcraft is one of the original games out since dos!

remember the good o days... >< oy  just remembered the modem speeds. but yah i think its fair to call some games out their blizzard clones.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Got to admit that this game looks a lot better then some of the others on the site list. I will be watching this one.

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Red 5 Studios has been developing this in secret for quite a while.  A few years ago it was reported that they had licensed the Project Offset engine for a game... not sure if this is it or not.

• vss3rdvss3rd Member Posts: 41

please add firefall mmorpg .

we need more action games that have interesting growth aspects . the battleframe system is going be an excellent addition to a high action team/objective based game .

• GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115

Firefall need to get some attention by MMORPG, please list the game. And of course a post like this is great *thumbs up* to RaXavier69

the links provided by RaXavier69 covers most of it. But I say that you should join us in the community forums. Alot of nice posts and topics to read.

Regards from Patsuriku

• Deathwing980Deathwing980 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Give firefall more attention! Give it Life!!!

seriously, its epic folks... if you weren't at PAX to play it... then sign up and look at it for yourself!

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

I believe it's the creator of Tribes doing this? If so..could be cool. I remember having good times on that game..while ago.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Before anyone says that this is an mmorpg I would like to remind everyone that R5 studios does not consider Firefall an MMORPG.  They consider firefall a team based shooter. So, don't expect it being a massive online game or an RPG. 

Is Firefall an MMO?

No. Firefall is first and foremost an action shooter. We incorporated a lot of elements that you might find in various genres, including MMOs, but it is not an MMO in the traditional sense.

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

Looks realy nice, it's now on the watch list.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by Joker2240

Before anyone says that this is an mmorpg I would like to remind everyone that R5 studios does not consider Firefall an MMORPG.  They consider firefall a team based shooter. So, don't expect it being a massive online game or an RPG. 

Is Firefall an MMO?

No. Firefall is first and foremost an action shooter. We incorporated a lot of elements that you might find in various genres, including MMOs, but it is not an MMO in the traditional sense.

who cares it looks fun  

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Is Firefall an MMO?

who cares it looks fun  

Well the people who rage that this is not an mmorpg blah blah blah like they did with guild wars and all those other games that the devs said they did not consider the game an mmorpg. So before the trolls and everything, I thought it would be smart to put this out there so people do not get their panties all tangled up.

Besides the game can flourish without the help of MMORPG.com. I mean they already have 47861.... Just from PAX alone think how many more will come once they go to other places....

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

It has a large and presistant world ... better than many mmos in the mmo catagoty. Now its not a traditional stat based rpg. Game looks liek it could be fun, and i really like the attitudes of the dev.s

PS. its Firefall (confrimed by dev.s ) Haha.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Is Firefall an MMO?

OMFG!! are you guys for real... here too! i never wrote its an mmo nor an rpg! mmorpg is not soloy for rpgs or mmos!  didnt we have a listening for tabula rasa and huxley!

plz remember this site has evolved! its been here since, and might be named, the first online games which were called mmorpgs! now a days online games have evolved and the site aswell. MMorpg is no different then fileplanet and other gaming sites, it provides all the info you need regaridng the industry and titles coming out.

PS TY Joker2240!

Is Firefall an MMO?

who cares it looks fun  

Well the people who rage that this is not an mmorpg blah blah blah like they did with guild wars and all those other games that the devs said they did not consider the game an mmorpg. So before the trolls and everything, I thought it would be smart to put this out there so people do not get their panties all tangled up.

Besides the game can flourish without the help of MMORPG.com. I mean they already have 47861.... Just from PAX alone think how many more will come once they go to other places....