Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European F2P Preview Event

RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Starts monday the 25. October, is essentially a beta stresstest and you will get 500 Points for participation. Details may be found here. Its open for new and returning players. If you have an old account make sure to use its email address so the points got to the right account. The 500 points would suffice to buy you enough content as a premium to get you easily to around level 40, so its much recommended.

This is CM event, so its happening on the European service.

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

So this is their way of trying to pull back customers from US ?..

ummmm,  no =)

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Bump, this is very good and important news!

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I doubt this is targeted at those who left towards US, its just what it is, a stresstest to see wether or not there are similar problems with the EU store as there where with the US store. Its unlikely though as we will start with all US patches and hotfixes which gone into the client since then.

If nothing else it will be a good opportunity to play around with fully geared and traited level 65 classes you don't have on live yet, and its not as if it costs you anything.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Do you think the start of EU f2p will make a bunch of the Euro players that came to NA leave? I kinda like all those guys/gals. Is the ping that bad for then that they would go back to cm?

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• anielianieli Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Do you think the start of EU f2p will make a bunch of the Euro players that came to NA leave? I kinda like all those guys/gals. Is the ping that bad for then that they would go back to cm?

I am a new player who hasn't invested anything in LOTRO Europe but I am still not willing to play on the US servers. It's not the lag. Internet nowadays is so fast this isn't a problem anymore. The time difference will be too problematic.  Say if I am in a US guild and we've got a guild event at the usual 7-8pm. Well that's 1-2 am in the UK. I am not gonna play till 5 am in the morning am I :D

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Originally posted by anieli

Originally posted by Rockgod99

I am a new player who hasn't invested anything in LOTRO Europe but I am still not willing to play on the US servers. It's not the lag. Internet nowadays is so fast this isn't a problem anymore. The time difference will be too problematic.  Say if I am in a US guild and we've got a guild event at the usual 7-8pm. Well that's 1-2 am in the UK. I am not gonna play till 5 am in the morning am I :D

I understand that. I just happen to play overnights and the euro players keep me company lol. I'm one of those crazy Americans out and about I'n game at 4am.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I'm a UK player and have been playing on the US servers since they went f2p. However, I will be moving to the EU servers once they're available.

My reason isn't lag, time differences, or some strange notion that any particular game company is 'out to get me' but simply, and I mean this without insult, EU servers tend to have much less drama, talk about religion/politics, and 'Chuck Norris' type comments.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by darwa

EU servers tend to have much less drama, talk about religion/politics, and 'Chuck Norris' type comments.

Cant say i've encounterd any of that.   Actually I found the EU community to be rather elitist.   But when a product goes Free to Play, it doesnt really matter what part of the world your in, your gona get spam.

My reason for staying on the US server IS the lag!..  I find the Lag on EU servers horrendous.  Think F2P is going to make it better?...

There is also the 'mylotro' feature.  its easy to dismiss, but once you start using it in-game its function is invaluble.

And the third reason is that I like the interaction between Turbine themselves,  any feedback you give on the EU forums largly falls on deaf ears. 

And while its not a real reason... but yea, I have to say it! ; I prefer getting updates and expansions when they are released, not months later.

• anielianieli Member Posts: 114

Does Europe always get updates/xpacs later than the US? Cause I thought the F2P is a one off thing?

Originally posted by anieli

Does Europe always get updates/xpacs later than the US? Cause I thought the F2P is a one off thing?

No this was beyond unusual, EU normally gets updates the same week. Usually US patches on Tuesday, and EU on Thursday. There have been a couple of instances where CM held back a patch for 1-2 weeks due to very bad bugs that got only noticed after launch in the US, suffice to say EU players where not unhappy about that.

Also yes i believe quite a few will return, its the draw of the old chars and kinships. Having some single toon in the mid forties is not the same has having half a dozen 65 level guys, and most people wouldn't be happy having to reroll them all. That being said i encourage any new players to play on the new servers. It stands to reason they will run on newer hardware(simply because the stuff the old servers run on isn't being produced anymore, doubt Turbine raided a museum for em).

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Its starting today, I just got an email with a link to the client.

Im not a fan of LOTRO but Im gonna try it out because I can and because Im bored.

Edit: Is the server getting a wipe?

Originally posted by psyknx

Its starting today, I just got an email with a link to the client.

Im not a fan of LOTRO but Im gonna try it out because I can and because Im bored.

Edit: Is the server getting a wipe?

Yes the server will be wiped after the event is over, its a testserver.